**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Event Quest: The Living Death Who Walks!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

We had another month where the exact same issue came up, well after UC went live. I remember because I remember having the exact same conversation, and low and behold, people got it done.

Provide proof.
    You can feel free to search the Posts if you like. I'm not combing for it just because you don't believe me. I'm not pulling it out of my hat.
  • Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75

I don't think it's going to change at this point. It's live.

Ppl are here talking about it bc they don't want things like this. Why are you here? If ppl somehow get it changed so that it costs less energy next time, how does that hurt you? Whats the point in your argument here? Honestly curious
    Mlee1829 said:

Ppl are here talking about it bc they don't want things like this. Why are you here? If ppl somehow get it changed so that it costs less energy next time, how does that hurt you? Whats the point in your argument here? Honestly curious
    My initial point was that I don't think one less week has anything to do with trying to grab money. Which I still don't. I also don't believe there isn't enough time to do it. Those are valid points I am allowed to make within this discussion. I'm here for the same reason as everyone else, to discuss the game.

Mlee1829 said:

My initial point was that I don't think one less week has anything to do with trying to grab money. Which I still don't. I also don't believe there isn't enough time to do it. Those are valid points I am allowed to make within this discussion. I'm here for the same reason as everyone else, to discuss the game.
    Nobody said you weren't allowed bro. The honestly curious was just that, honest curiosity. Calm down.
    Mlee1829 said:

Mlee1829 said:

Nobody said you weren't allowed bro. The honestly curious was just that, honest curiosity. Calm down.
    I'm calm. Sorry if that sounded snappy, not my intention. Just my tone that sounds sharp sometimes. All good.
    You just aren't seeing it from a different kinds of players perspective is all. You have enough time to do it in much less than the normal alotted time, so everyone else should be able to also. I can and will get UC master and heroic done. I'll miss out on the extra units from normal and beginner unless i buy refills. thats a fact. There us no dosagreeing with that. Maybe won't get 100% on heroic. Idk if you are f2p or not but if you aren't i completely understand why you don't get it.
  • BradlarrBradlarr Posts: 26
    @Kabam Miike what can we spend the antimatter on other than the beacon and the crystal? With the calendar and rewards from EQ antimatter will just build up without a use, alliances will have people opening the crystal for a bounty mission and thats about it there should be items for purchase like the intel store or the crystals should offer a lot more than just gold, and 50 5* shards for 10 alliance member participation is crappy. Yes shards are shards but with different people opening a bounty mission for the alliance its not worth a 1 maybe couple time reward?
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Off topic anyone thinks the title of this month event quest sounds like a spin off for the whisperers 😂😂😂
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Can you guys please just leave out the class-weakness nodes? It's just so cheap and boring seeing them everywhere. I'd rather take on some new nodes from act 6.

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    I’m kind fell it was short but one part normal ther is like 8 part I’m fell only find 7 in the last and 6 in the 3 one migt be me
  • imShakibimShakib Posts: 35
    The event quest rewards need to be seriously ramped up simply because the game is evolving in a way that only 5 star and 6 star heroes will matter most at a certain time. For newer players like us, growing faster have become even more important for the same reason. I wanna request Kabam to reduce energy costs for event quests and increase rewards like 5 star shards, 6 star shards, t4cc shards, t4b and t2a shards. Just to ensure newer players can grow faster. Also overall huge energy reduction is required from event quests and side quests as there are more contents to explore now for everyone - story quest, back issues etc. This month's eq having less time and same high energy requirements for the same rewards is a major dissapointment for newer players and that's the voice of several newer players like me.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    imShakib said:

The event quest rewards need to be seriously ramped up simply because the game is evolving in a way that only 5 star and 6 star heroes will matter most at a certain time. For newer players like us, growing faster have become even more important for the same reason. I wanna request Kabam to reduce energy costs for event quests and increase rewards like 5 star shards, 6 star shards, t4cc shards, t4b and t2a shards. Just to ensure newer players can grow faster. Also overall huge energy reduction is required from event quests and side quests as there are more contents to explore now for everyone - story quest, back issues etc. This month's eq having less time and same high energy requirements for the same rewards is a major dissapointment for newer players and that's the voice of several newer players like me.

Y'all already can build your roster faster than at any point in the game. 4*s will still matter for all content you have to do as a newer player. What possible difference does Back Issues make to you energy wise? Honestly if your roster grows too fast you will steamroll over content that is there to make you better at the game.

imShakib said:

Y'all already can build your roster faster than at any point in the game. 4*s will still matter for all content you have to do as a newer player. What possible difference does Back Issues make to you energy wise? Honestly if your roster grows too fast you will steamroll over content that is there to make you better at the game.
    What I meant with energy is that the energy cost for monthly and event quest should be reduced so that ppl can distribute some of their time in other contents like story and permanent quests. Anyways, my post was addressed to Kabam, not to you guys.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    imShakib said:

imShakib said:

What I meant with energy is that the energy cost for monthly and event quest should be reduced so that ppl can distribute some of their time in other contents like story and permanent quests. Anyways, my post was addressed to Kabam, not to you guys.
    There’s always energy refills. How else are the lights gonna be kept on at kabam?
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I've just come to the conclusion that nothing is really going to change till Kabam feels the effect of things like this good or bad.

Saying you're not happy about the EQ being a week shorter then normal, but then buying the energy refills, going mad trying to rush through the content, and making it work just tells them in the end it doesn't really matter, you're going to do it anyway.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The energy cost just means there is zero chance I will 100% heroic. Not fussed. I'll 100% uncollected and master and do a completion run in heroic. Maybe in the other levels. I won't get any refills.
    Where you should actually ramp up montly event quest rewards with more 5 star shards in heroic and master difficulties, you are instead making it more difficult for newer players to even complete these quests. It should be the opposite approach Kabam.
    imShakib said:

Where you should actually ramp up montly event quest rewards with more 5 star shards in heroic and master difficulties, you are instead making it more difficult for newer players to even complete these quests. It should be the opposite approach Kabam.

Er... why? If it’s too hard for you then don’t do it.
    edited April 2019
    AndiYTDE said:

We had another month where the exact same issue came up, well after UC went live. I remember because I remember having the exact same conversation, and low and behold, people got it done.

There is something you have to get into your head, @GroundedWisdom : Just because something has been done before (which I´m still not sure about) does not mean we have to accept it now. If WW III started would you say "Oh, keep calm. We´ve already had this twice before!"?
    On this energy topic: I think the cost of energy should have been lowered. Not only do we have a week less to complete the same amount of content, we also do have the bounty missions at the same time, which cost 12 energy every 8 hours, thus 36 energy (~half of a refill) per day. Lowering the cost of every move by one for this month would have been nice.
    Most people finish within the first 2 weeks of EQ. 3 weeks or 4, are both ample amount of time to do it. It most certainly doesn't take all 4 weeks to do, unless you're doing about a Path a day. No, I do not agree that it should be lowered just because there's a week less. Everyone is aware of the deadline, and we can either get it done, or we don't have time. The game is not responsible for accommodating all ranges of availability. They do the best they can to leave ample time, and in this case, they have obligations for the upcoming Film. If people can sit down and do Heroic and Master within 3 hours, I'm sure other people can do it in 3 weeks.
    edited April 2019
    3 days into the EQ, I was done with Masters and Epic. Did it in small bouts of an hour +- here and there while. Now all that’s left is autoplay using acquired energy from beginners to heroic for the units. Awaiting Variant #2!
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

AndiYTDE said:

There is something you have to get into your head, @GroundedWisdom : Just because something has been done before (which I´m still not sure about) does not mean we have to accept it now. If WW III started would you say "Oh, keep calm. We´ve already had this twice before!"?
    On this energy topic: I think the cost of energy should have been lowered. Not only do we have a week less to complete the same amount of content, we also do have the bounty missions at the same time, which cost 12 energy every 8 hours, thus 36 energy (~half of a refill) per day. Lowering the cost of every move by one for this month would have been nice.
    Most people finish within the first 2 weeks of EQ. 3 weeks or 4, are both ample amount of time to do it.
    I'd be interested in seeing the data on that.

Many I know will normally do 1 difficultly level a week starting with UC and working backwards.
    Well... people can always choose to not do it if energy is a constraint and they’re stingy with refills.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    There is a funny irony that goes into the logic of someone saying you have plenty of time, you just need to use energy refills.

If you have to use energy refills then there is obviously not enough time.

Just stating the obvious
    edited April 2019
    Dtl7714 said:

There is a funny irony that goes into the logic of someone saying you have plenty of time, you just need to use energy refills.

Just stating the obvious

There's more than enough time to do it without using Energy Refills.
    If people are trying to do 2, 3, and 4 Difficulties, it's going to cost. Doing that is optional.

Dtl7714 said:

Just stating the obvious

There's more than enough time to do it without using Energy Refills.
    If people are trying to do 2, 3, and 4 Difficulties, it's going to cost. Doing that is optional.
    So your argument is now only one difficulty is reasonable. Not what I would call plenty of time but unlike some people my opinions differ from Kabaams
    3 weeks to do one Difficulty? Come on, now.
    More than 1 difficulty sure. Trying to maximize number of difficulties and negative zone missions. You have to decide what your not doing. An argument can be made that the game developers shouldnt have set it up that way. But I know you dont argue against anything the developers do.