**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #2: Mystery in the Microrealm

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Voltolos said:

Why dont you introduce a midtier difficulty for those who find variant needs a better roster and classic way too easy???

Because Act 4 and 5 are there for those people
    and act 1-3 , monthly heroic, normal and beginner for newbies whats the point in the super easy difficulty of variant then?
    It’s to show players how far the game has progressed. Read the announcement on Variant #1.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Ace_03 said:

2015 champ options for the 2015 exclusive rank up gems, in case anyone needs the info (as it has been stated, some are not available in the 5* variant)

Captain Marvel
    Drax
    Ms.Marvel
    Spider-Man (Symbiote)
    Venom
    Ronan
    Gamora
    Groot
    Superior Iron-Man
    Thor
    Black Bolt
    Storm
    Cyclops (Red Team)
    Colossus
    Magneto
    Deadpool
    Wolverine
    Magneto (Marvel Now!)
    Deadpool (X-Force)
    Magik
    Guillotine
    Iron Fist
    Juggernaut
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Dr. Strange
    Scarlet Witch
    Unstoppable Colossus
    Luke Cage
    Electro
    Ant-Man
    Yellowjacket
    Spider-Man
    Captain America
    Spider-Gwen
    Rhino
    Hulk
    Abomination
    Joe Fixit
    Captain America (WW2)
    Black Panther
    Moon Knight
    Elektra
    Punisher
    Daredevil
    Winter Soldier
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow
    Daredevil (Classic)
    Rocket Raccoon
    Hulkbuster
    Ultron
    Iron Patriot
    Star-Lord
    Kang
    Iron-Man
    Vision (AoU)
    War Machine
    Vision

Damn that list is pathetic lol, can't believe we're getting ANOTHER set of 2015 gems. Let's hope for some reworks I guess
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    With old events coming back, will the prior Celebrity Challenges ever return with similar designs, one classic and another with a harder difficulty?
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Gore said:

Again 2015 champs. U could just advance at least 1 year for the rank up gems .
    Is very nasty as I got 3 skill from first variant if I get another 3 skill I won’t have champs to rank. What will I do then ? U can’t invent champs for 2015 right ? It should be more flexibility for a competition that hard.at the same time it take lots of resources to bring a 2015 champ to r3 in the first place and to make him r4 for what purpose since they are “almost” useless .

Yeah this a problem, I am running out of Cosmic 2015 champs to rank Because of Kabam's Crappy RNG. Would be nice if it were 2016 champs or later this time or if Kabam would release OG Thor as a 5* so I have something to use the inevitable Cosmic 2015 gem coming my way when I complete this.

Voltolos said:

Why dont you introduce a midtier difficulty for those who find variant needs a better roster and classic way too easy???

Because Act 4 and 5 are there for those people
    and act 1-3 , monthly heroic, normal and beginner for newbies whats the point in the super easy difficulty of variant then?
    So new players can see what those of us who have been here since the beginning had to deal with three-four years ago. And you thought the monthly quest rewards were bad now? Welcome to the past. Yes these were the actual monthly quests and the actual rewards then. There was no difficulty above heroic either.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    Have the rewards been bug tested so that the 0.08% gem problem from the 1st back issues doesn't happen again?
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    You guys are so right, these gems are such a waste, i would never rank up Luke Cage, Spidergwen, Hulk, spiderman, Magik, Guillotine, Venom, Drax, Captain Marvel, Symbiote spiderman, Star Lord, Ultron, Hawkeye, Winter Solider, or Storm. All these characters suck.
    Drooped2 said:

IKON said:

You guys are so right, these gems are such a waste, i would never rank up Luke Cage, Spidergwen, Hulk, spiderman, Magik, Guillotine, Venom, Drax, Captain Marvel, Symbiote spiderman, Star Lord, Ultron, Hawkeye, Winter Solider, or Storm. All these characters suck.

I hope you pull 3 mutant gems from this and 3 from variant 1 so you can come back and tell us how good the 6 mutants you ranked are..

Oh wait theres only 4 available
    Yea, lets make decisions because of fringe cases that are incredibly unlikely to play out. Thats how you invest your time wisely.
    Ace_03 said:

IKON said:

Dude, we get it, you like the rewards, no need to be so passive-aggressive about this, people have their opinions, you have yours, keep it moving and stop dwelling on it, you constantly indirectly show reticence to the grievances of others, if they don't like and you do fine, either confront them directly and tell them off or get over it already.

PS: I am FINE with the rank up gems and the rewards, but I can understand the frustration of others, what works for me doesn't have to work or be liked by others. I am neutral about all this.
    Its hard to fight an entire community, but someone has to fight the good fight.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Ace_03 said:

IKON said:

Dude, we get it, you like the rewards, no need to be so passive-aggressive about this, people have their opinions, you have yours, keep it moving and stop dwelling on it, you constantly indirectly show reticence to the grievances of others, if they don't like and you do fine, either confront them directly and tell them off or get over it already.

PS: I am FINE with the rank up gems and the rewards, but I can understand the frustration of others, what works for me doesn't have to work or be liked by others. I am neutral about all this.
    The reward is good but ther shuldt be rng depends. You can end op with 6 mutant gym and only 4 is arund to rank op
    Drooped2 said:

IKON said:

Drooped2 said:

IKON said:

I hope you pull 3 mutant gems from this and 3 from variant 1 so you can come back and tell us how good the 6 mutants you ranked are..

Oh wait theres only 4 available
    Yea, lets make decisions because of fringe cases that are incredibly unlikely to play out. Thats how you invest your time wisely.
    Well I know a guy with 3 mutant rank gems already used. So let's see how unlikely that actually is he gets more..

Personally I've pulled 6 cosmic awake gems 5 star.. so the odds exist
    Anecdotal account is not actually useful data. Fringe cases exist, but you don't make decisions around them.

I do agree the mutant gems are a problem, and I'd hope the 5th would be exchangeable should you be that ridiculously unfortunate. Won't know until that actually happens.
    Gamer said:

IKON said:

Ace_03 said:

IKON said:

The reward is good but ther shuldt be rng depends. You can end op with 6 mutant gym and only 4 is arund to rank op
    I disagree to an extent, first variant should have had 1 of 2 classes in each crystal. #2 isn't limited by class, but they could do the same thing here. In the end though, 90% of gems will find a good purpose.

The entire idea of the gems are to build your roster depth, as more end game content requires a varied roster. The first round helped immensely in having a full 4/55 team for all questing when AQ and AW were on.

The meat of the rewards remains the 4-5 gem. This is all really silly being so focused on the lesser tier rewards. Even if you straight remove the 2015 gems, its STILL worth completing for the 4-5 gem.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Man I still haven't finished the first variant quest. I find it crazy hard and I don't have the right champs yet. So for someone like me achieving the "lesser tier" reward is a big achievement. Getting a gem you can't use is a total drag. Also if you've already ranked up your 2015 champs you're out of luck. These things could potentially sit in your inventory indefinitely with no value whatsoever.

Personally I stopped ranking 2015 champs once the first quest came out. Guess I'll be sitting on my Magik for a long time. Introducing more 2015 rank up gems only increases the chance of pulling gems you'll never use.
    IKON said:

Gamer said:

IKON said:

Ace_03 said:

IKON said:

I disagree to an extent, first variant should have had 1 of 2 classes in each crystal. #2 isn't limited by class, but they could do the same thing here. In the end though, 90% of gems will find a good purpose.

The entire idea of the gems are to build your roster depth, as more end game content requires a varied roster. The first round helped immensely in having a full 4/55 team for all questing when AQ and AW were on.

The meat of the rewards remains the 4-5 gem. This is all really silly being so focused on the lesser tier rewards. Even if you straight remove the 2015 gems, its STILL worth completing for the 4-5 gem.
    I’m don’t mind the 4 to 5 gym is randoms only the 2015 gym mean the class alest make them gerinco from 2015 gym not bad. Right and most wild be happy
    Like I’m said I’m stil like the reward don’t get me wrong ther is amazing. Only the randomness I’m don’t like
    AndiYTDE said:

IKON said:

Gamer said:

IKON said:

Ace_03 said:

IKON said:

I agree that it is useful having a big roster with champions you might not normally use, but let´s talk about the mutant class again: I´ve been an endgame player for well over a year and I have never thought "Damn, I wish my Colossus/Cyclops/Magneto was at Rank 4!". A 2015 mutant rankup gem has one champion who might be quite decent, and that´s Storm. Pull 2 of those and you have to rank up a trash-champion who you´re never going to use...
    I'm gonna do something super rare, admit I was wrong on the internet.

If your argument is the 2015 gems are a problem cause of mutants, i can get behind that. Would love to see them capped or excluded some way.
  • Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    Will you be giving a couple day grace period again where the first people to 100% the quests get to use their 2015 rankup gems on any champ despite when they were released?
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Variant 1 was a good challenge with good rewards. A year later, the rewards should go up a little as there have been a lot changes in that time. That doesn’t mean rewards should double but they could be improved. For example, instead of 3x 2015 rank up gems there could be 1x 2015, 1x 2016, 1x 2017 rank up gem. That’s not game breaking for the player base (or kabam), and a positive update with new content....
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    This is just their way of making it look like they're giving everyone a bunch of t2a when in reality they're just keeping people from ranking good champs that can beat content.

I'd 100% trade all those 3 2015 gems for 1 normal 3-4 gem.

I haven't used a singe champ I ranked from last time outside arena, and I won't use the new three either. Thanks Kabam!
    IKON said:

You're missing the point. Problem is most people in a position to get these gems already have most or in some cases all of those characters at R4.
    edited April 2019

Variant 1 was a good challenge with good rewards. A year later, the rewards should go up a little as there have been a lot changes in that time. That doesn’t mean rewards should double but they could be improved. For example, instead of 3x 2015 rank up gems there could be 1x 2015, 1x 2016, 1x 2017 rank up gem. That’s not game breaking for the player base (or kabam), and a positive update with new content....

This is a great idea, players like myself who've actually been playing since 2015 already had quite a few 2015 champs ranked up even before the first Variant. We are running out of options, especially in the mutants. Storm was my first ever R4 5* and I never ranked her down when I had the opportunity because as many have already said she is actually quite good. SL was immediately taken to R4 when I finally duped him, and I r'4d Rocket too because back when I did it there just weren't many better 5* tech options around. MoonKnight is another I had at R4 from a really long time ago and never had the opportunity to rank down because I missed the RDT at Christmas in 2017. Last Variant I pulled two Cosmic Gems and skill Gem. R4'd Venom, Ronan, and WS with those. I have LC, Magneto, YJ, Storm and Daredevil as 6* now also. I know poor me right but seriously 2015 gems are not all that exciting to me as my options in most classes are extremely limited. I know players in even worse positions than me with this particular issue. At some point these 2015 gems become completely useless, and for Mutants in particular that time is now for a good portion of the player base that can actually take on Variant. Why not start incorporating other years in now slowly as Tasty Yum Yums suggested here? Great idea imo.