Compensation for the Issues that we experienced on November 8th and the rewards that were unable to be claimed due to those issues are being sent out via in-game mail on November 15. Alliance War season rewards will be sent out on approximately November 20. Leaving your Alliance prior to this will result in missing out on your season rewards.

Screen Recording Apps - 3rd Party Software Leading to Ban?

So I am pretty sure I have seen approval from the mods about using screen recorders, but I wanted to confirm that. I heard some more people got banned and some of them swore up and down they did nothing wrong, but they used screen recording apps. I know that they could very well be lying and really did cheat, or share their account with a cheater, and I am probably just paranoid, but I wanted to make sure screen recording apps are acceptable. There is no way one of those apps would be classified as a 3rd party software and result in a ban, right? Thank you in advance for calming my paranoia.

Comments

• Screen recording applications do not modify the game, so they are totally fine!
  • ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    They better not! But like Miike said, they're fortunately allowed. Can't wait for iOS 11 so I can finally record my fights without having to pay for some stupid app!
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728
    Screen recording applications do not modify the game, so they are totally fine!

Thank you for the quick response Miike, I appreciate it. Better safe than sorry.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728
    ShinyMew2 wrote: »
    They better not! But like Miike said, they're fortunately allowed. Can't wait for iOS 11 so I can finally record my fights without having to pay for some stupid app!

What are these words you are speaking? I unfortunately already bought one, but it would be good to know of a free one just in case.
  • ScorpionsKryptScorpionsKrypt Posts: 160
    edited August 2017
    Screen recording applications do not modify the game, so they are totally fine!

Thank you Kabam Miike!
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 389 ★★
    Ooohhh. iOS is finally getting a recording app? I can't wait.
  • Please clarify Kabam. I'm confused.
    I remember once reading that the use of screen recording was against T&S. Now your saying the use of screen recorders is allowed??

When did the change happen?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,482 ★★★★★
    Please clarify Kabam. I'm confused.
    I remember once reading that the use of screen recording was against T&S. Now your saying the use of screen recorders is allowed??

When did the change happen?

Not if it's a program that can't modify the game. Recording is acceptable. If it's software that alters the game files, then no.
  • Can a screen recorder alter the game files without the user being aware of it???

I know nothing about software programming so enlighten me.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Since this thread is here. How do you guys record on iOS?
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 853 ★★★
    If the screen recorder is a buddy with an iphone, no. If it's an app on your bluestacks window, no as well. MCOC on your bluestacks account - yes.
  • How else can you prove a bug?