**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

This is a prime example of why tanking ruins seasons.

HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
We're g1 and they're p3.

When seasons start they'll be crushing mid-line g1 alliances.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Not if they start using Prestige as well as War Rating, when thr Season starts. ;)
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Not if they start using Prestige as well as War Rating, when thr Season starts. ;)

True.

My comment to them stands, regardless.
    Lormif said:

Hamin said:

We're g1 and they're p3.

gold 1 and p3 is a diffidence of one place. You're in tier 4, what do you expect?
    To expect tanking for p3 alliances is the status quo now?
    Hamin said:

True.

My comment to them stands, regardless.
    Oh, that was a directed comment. Lol. Still having my first coffee.
  • DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
    edited April 2019
    Hamin said:

We're g1 and they're p3.

Needs more salt. Try running 2 bgs, I've been doing that for months and not once have I come across alliances tanking. Therefore it doesn't happen if you run 2 bgs.

Hamin said:

We're g1 and they're p3.

Needs more salt. Try running 2 bgs, I've been doing that for months and not once have I come across alliances tanking. Therefore it doesn't happen if you run 2 bgs.
    I think this thread whooshed you.
    Lormif said:

Hamin said:

We're g1 and they're p3.

gold 1 and p3 is a diffidence of one place. You're in tier 4, what do you expect?
    I don't think you understood my post.

They are tanking. We get a free win. We play p3s all the time.

What's not fair is when seasons starts, they'll be facing mid-line g1 alliances that will be crushed. They'll probably have half their season as cakewalks, while the poor mid-line g1 alliances will receive an unfair matchup.

This isn't due to matchmaking but due to people manipulating the system.
    Drooped2 said:

You didnt really show tanking so I can understand peoples responses.

You showed a relatively even match screen

Without more info I cant tell that's a tank

Yeah, that's my bad. I just assume people read my message.
  • Even with reading you in-game War Chat message at bottom of picture, still unclear what they did to be tanking ? Did they place 2*/3* defenders ? Can’t be lack of attackers (just started and yours is low Explore % obviously so far also). Or do you know their end-of-season War Rating and/or Rank within Plat-3 and are comparing to them now being much further down in WR ?

Even with reading you in-game War Chat message at bottom of picture, still unclear what they did to be tanking ? Did they place 2*/3* defenders ? Can’t be lack of attackers (just started and yours is low Explore % obviously so far also). Or do you know their end-of-season War Rating and/or Rank within Plat-3 and are comparing to them now being much further down in WR ?

They don't have a defense. Pretty tell-tale sign.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Hamin said:

Even with reading you in-game War Chat message at bottom of picture, still unclear what they did to be tanking ? Did they place 2*/3* defenders ? Can’t be lack of attackers (just started and yours is low Explore % obviously so far also). Or do you know their end-of-season War Rating and/or Rank within Plat-3 and are comparing to them now being much further down in WR ?

And you can tell that from a SS of the lobby?

There is a difference of 52 points in the war ratings, hardly an indication of tanking if you ask me.

Hamin said:

There is a difference of 52 points in the war ratings, hardly an indication of tanking if you ask me.
    Not placing a Defense, in Plat 3, most definitely.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    A puffer fish lol! Man that would not be a good time
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Hamin said:

No, what I was saying was we don’t know they didn’t place a defense. Unless I am missing something from that SS. Is there a telltale sign? All we have is @Hamin saying they didn’t. Now I’m not calling him a liar, but all we have is his word. I actually believe him because of his puffer fish message. What I wanted to know was is there a way to tell defense is placed or not just from the lobby like that.

Hamin said:

No, what I was saying was we don’t know they didn’t place a defense. Unless I am missing something from that SS. Is there a telltale sign? All we have is @Hamin saying they didn’t. Now I’m not calling him a liar, but all we have is his word. I actually believe him because of his puffer fish message. What I wanted to know was is there a way to tell defense is placed or not just from the lobby like that.
    No, there isn't.

All I was stating is that tankers (like them) are scum, and it's unfair to lower alliances during seasons.
  • 19Swords19Swords Posts: 12
    Hamin said:

We're g1 and they're p3.

War rating shouldn't change during the off-season, only in season. If an alliance wants to chill and not use boosts and pots in the off-season that's great.... But now all these alliance's just tank, war is not really that enjoyable.
  • GU_GU_ Posts: 18
    edited April 2019
    Not a fan of off season war either. Joined a new small alliance i left 9mil and seen tanking in both ends of the spectrum. .
  • ahock101ahock101 Posts: 118
    You think that is bad look at the top 3 alliances from last season. I would love to be in an alliance that has 2 members and finished top 3