**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• samalasravansamalasravan Posts: 163
    Yeah just know happened to me while fight against kingpin in map 5 boss
    Kabam plz do something
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I was just going to post about this bs bug.

iPhone 6s. Around 12:30 pm central time. Node 55 status immune miniboss. I was usin r5 omega red. Opponent was r5 Emma Frost.

I am hitting into her blocked hits when she was at one bar of power. Then between my third and fourth hits (my hits were medium, light, light, light), she launches an l1.

This bug has happened since 22.1 was introduced. The number of bugs in this update is unacceptable. Stop messing with AI reaction timing if you are going to screw up the game like this. No way should a champion that is blocking hits be able to launch an l1 in the middle of those blocked hits.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    And yes, precisely like in the video above. Middle of blocking hits, AI just launches special. Bs
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

you know when an AI is attacking into your block you can do the same thing i guess it's only fair lol

Since when?
    well i've been doing that for awhile now
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

you know when an AI is attacking into your block you can do the same thing i guess it's only fair lol

Since when?
    well i've been doing that for awhile now
    You can not activate a special while holding block, so I doubt it.
    well let go of your block then activate it, you gotta be really quick
    You can just about barely pull it off if they do one of those slow combos, no way you’d pull it off if the AI attacked into your block at the speed in those videos
    i will make a video
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Faced the same thing in aq while using Omega red...I have noticed that it mostly happens between 3rd and 4th hit into the block..this AI behaviour is really BS and should be reversed..and despite the number of threads on the topic along with a few other bugs,there has been complete silence from the mods
    But there are a couple of people I have seen claim that they are gods and can use a special or counter the defender when it is hitting into their block..I would love to see videos on their brand new iphones if possible
  • RookM1RookM1 Posts: 47
    Same here...I've got an R4 and 6star Masacre, hitting in to the defenders block is party of that champs play style, designed by you Kabam, kinda lame if you're going to change the rules of the game and punish players for playing these characters the way you designed them.
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    I was fighting quake in map5 with venom the duck and she twice throw specials in middle of combo
  • I was in the middle of a combo and the AI I was fighting against used a special? how does that happen if I am in the middle of punching him @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra
  • This happened to me yesterday in eq&aq and today in aq& the bounty mission, can't wait to die tonight in war and getting blamed for causing a lose, thanks kabam
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Yeah... been a big issue.

RIP Masacre.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    JamesBula said:

Jestress said:

i've had this happen as well. while opponent is blocking too, they will drop out of their block and fire a special. the only ones i know can do this normally are modok and medusa, but other champs are doing it too.

why is it normal for modok/medusa to do this?
    I can't speak to the Medusa portion, but as for MODOK...he's bugged.

MODOK is able to behave this way because of a bug that exists in the game; his description doesn't say anything about having the ability to perform actions while blocking. Unfortunately, as a community, our silence on the matter has been interpreted as acceptance by Kabam. I think people are forgiving on this matter because the bug came about after MODOK's original bug was fixed. When he was originally released, MODOK was able to Parry every time he autoblocked, which was VERY problematic in AW. I think when that bug went away, people stopped paying attention to MODOK even though he's still bugged.

This bug has now been expanded to every other champ in the game. It goes into some more detail here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/131901/hitting-into-block-being-countered-by-specials#latest

Hopefully enough people will comment on this issue that Kabam will take notice and fix it.
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    You can not start the AW season with the game like this - this is ridiculous!!!!

Just fought a node and twice the AI threw specials while blocking! There better be some mean compensation for this!
  • HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85
    This has happened to me several times with various champs. Defender will launch a special while hitting into a block or be able to dash out of blocked hits and hit me.
This discussion has been closed.