**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

1383940414244»

Comments

• WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Well, since my 2 requests are being looked into and a response forthcoming due to the high number of requests(what support iterated to me), I'd have to confidently agree you dont speak for them and argue it is not a done deal and this was a general idea for those interested and for those that are not like yourself, its a done deal as you say dont need to bother wasting your valuable time chiming in IMO.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    You mean the usual response they give? Don't mean to burst your bubble but....pop.

You mean the usual response they give? Don't mean to burst your bubble but....pop.

LOL, I would "bet the house" you are a fantastic "backseat driver"! For someone who can't speak for them, you have proven time and time again to portray a deep seeded need to WANT to speak for them at any given notice. I must say I admire the persistence to some degree.
    No worries about a bubble being popped, mines nearly unpoppable, sortof akin to your well documented banter of onesided discussion derail instigating comments not able to be silenced regardless of countless requests and attempts to do so. Kudos to you groundroundnround ;-)
    I'm being honest with you because you seem to be waiting on some false hope. That is the generic response they give everyone. Refunding an immediate purchase because it didn't contain the Badge is not the same as a change months later, and in spite of the fact that they have a TOS that clearly states they don't do Refunds, and the fact that they have maintained that response for everyone surrounding the issue, you seem convinced your proposal will be done. I'm trying to tell you the truth so you don't get your hopes up, but by all means, if you want to bite my head off and wait, have at it. Your idea isn't something that hasn't already been proposed, so don't be surprised if Support won't issue a Refund.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Can we let this die?

I'm being honest with you because you seem to be waiting on some false hope. That is the generic response they give everyone. Refunding an immediate purchase because it didn't contain the Badge is not the same as a change months later, and in spite of the fact that they have a TOS that clearly states they don't do Refunds, and the fact that they have maintained that response for everyone surrounding the issue, you seem convinced your proposal will be done. I'm trying to tell you the truth so you don't get your hopes up, but by all means, if you want to bite my head off and wait, have at it. Your idea isn't something that hasn't already been proposed, so don't be surprised if Support won't issue a Refund.

I appreciate the insights and the reassurance of how solid and binding the TOS clearly is in your opinion. And as I dont want to derail this thread pointing to legal precedence and a number of items I have found that can be ruled by a court of law as unenforecable. I agree with the previous poster to let this end already and accept your statements as true and unwavering.

But if you would like to continue the debate over the TOS and it legality and enforcebility, I welcome you to message me direct and we can debate the law privately as it pertains to the nation, states and international jurisdictions including digital commerce and consumer protection laws in the US.
    edited March 2019
    I'm afraid that debate wouldn't go very far. Everything is in very explicit and clear terms in the TOS. That is a Legally-Binding Agreement, and it's one we all agree to, in both playing the game and making purchases. We do not have any proprietary ownership within our Accounts. We do not purchase to own. We lease permission to use their digital property, and they reserve the right to modify it if necessary. We could debate until the cows come home, but it's all there in writing.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Please let this die.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I don't know if this has been commented on yet by a mod, but do we know if it will come back temporary at times. Like at Christmas and stuff.
  • SoldierSoldier Posts: 8
    edited April 2019
    without the badge of gift, ends the teamplay in the game.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    edited April 2019

@Cranmer00 sorry bud .. mcoc revenue is increasing a lot after gifting badges being lifted ... their daily revenue from US iphone user alone reaching 157k perday

Where getting these stats? And act 6 release but would be nice to compare the days before lift to now all during act 6

Wait til this next AW season comes around, would guarantee there will be a big drop off to season 10.. noones gonna pay 30-35$ to heal a single boosted champion
    The idea that they're going to lose money from people not being able to steal from them is a load of ####.
    Its my opinion that some of us are losing sight of the real issue regarding this, which isnt about whether Kabam is or isnt going to make money. Comments highlighting that alone gives some people incentive to throw needless argument into the discussion that could derail something that really needs to be addressed. It is much bigger than a simple gifting badge being taken away.
    It's about culpability by a company that has consistently failed to do right by its patrons. Specifically with the fraud issue, reports were given a very long time ago about credit card, gift card scams etc..... Its not only about money, but a serious crime. What was done other than temporary bans? While a content creator screws up getting greedy with an option available during beta testing and gets perma banned?
    And contrary to some folks claiming that this is kabams game and they can change anything if they so choose. To a certain extent thats true, but I dont believe there is 1 person who would contest that Kabam is a business, and we are its customers.

A business is an organization or economic system where GOODS and SERVICES are EXCHANGED for one another or FOR MONEY.

There's a reason the FTC has a seperate bureau for consumer protection and each and every state has their own consumer advocacy office. A business can write up a TOS to include anything they want to and require agreement from us in order to access their services but that does not automatically make those agreements override laws that are in place so consumers do not get taken advantage of.
    If there was a clause stating that I must agree to relinquish a finger after 6 mos. From the date I registered my email, am I assed out of a finger cause the TOS stipulates it and I agreed??

Just take a minute and consider what has happened, what is happening, and what could possibly happen in the future if we just sit around and think, "there's really nothing we can do, so might as well get over it".
  • GegeGege Posts: 26
    @Kabam Miike One solution would be to keep the gifts for alliance colleagues so that we could at least maintain the teamplay.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Noob2435 said:

I don't know if this has been commented on yet by a mod, but do we know if it will come back temporary at times. Like at Christmas and stuff.

I believe Miiike did mention early on they’ll be back around temporarily during those periods.
    WOK said:

Its my opinion that some of us are losing sight of the real issue regarding this, which isnt about whether Kabam is or isnt going to make money. Comments highlighting that alone gives some people incentive to throw needless argument into the discussion that could derail something that really needs to be addressed. It is much bigger than a simple gifting badge being taken away.
    It's about culpability by a company that has consistently failed to do right by its patrons. Specifically with the fraud issue, reports were given a very long time ago about credit card, gift card scams etc..... Its not only about money, but a serious crime. What was done other than temporary bans? While a content creator screws up getting greedy with an option available during beta testing and gets perma banned?
    And contrary to some folks claiming that this is kabams game and they can change anything if they so choose. To a certain extent thats true, but I dont believe there is 1 person who would contest that Kabam is a business, and we are its customers.

A business is an organization or economic system where GOODS and SERVICES are EXCHANGED for one another or FOR MONEY.

There's a reason the FTC has a seperate bureau for consumer protection and each and every state has their own consumer advocacy office. A business can write up a TOS to include anything they want to and require agreement from us in order to access their services but that does not automatically make those agreements override laws that are in place so consumers do not get taken advantage of.
    If there was a clause stating that I must agree to relinquish a finger after 6 mos. From the date I registered my email, am I assed out of a finger cause the TOS stipulates it and I agreed??

Just take a minute and consider what has happened, what is happening, and what could possibly happen in the future if we just sit around and think, "there's really nothing we can do, so might as well get over it".

If their product was abused and used to defraud individuals outside the game, you are not likely going to find a Law that prohibits them from disabling it. On the contrary, you might find several that require them to do so.
    As for your claim, absolutely. If, in the future, something like this happens again, we can expect them to take a similar action.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    At least take out the advice of sending stuff. I’m sick of seeing it on a Sunday when the arenas don’t yield units, my ask for help timer isn’t showing, the arenas also don’t give normal battle chips at milestones and I’m 3 energy away from finishing a line. Thanks Kabam.
    Drooped2 said:

Gege said:

@Kabam Miike One solution would be to keep the gifts for alliance colleagues so that we could at least maintain the teamplay.

Form shell allaince invite guy abuse system carry on .
    That was hard to abuse. Nope not a workable solution
    Yeah that's the problem. As long as it's available, it will be abused. Nothing is stopping these people from creating Alts and joining Allies.
    Therein lies the problem. It may have been reported earlier, but Reports are not enough. They can't go on that solely because if that were the case, anyone with a resentment could send one in and have someone banned. It's not even enough if you know who's doing it. You have to trace the behavior in the Account to the individual responsible, and they're operating under assumed Accounts for the express purpose of doing this. Most likely taking measures to ensure they're not traceable by other means. Which means it a Cat-and-Mouse game of tracking down Accounts, banning them, and having them pop up again. You have to have undeniable proof that goes back to the User responsible, and even then, they just create new ones in the meantime, and people are continued to be stolen from. This is pretty much the only option they had to stop it from going on.
This discussion has been closed.