**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is the Human Torch bugged?

posting here and not bugs section because im unsure if bug or feature and want to ask everyone what they think.

So like everyone else ive been fighting human torch many times each day and i wonder how he incinerate omega red if i only use tentacle attacks when i hit human torch?
same with how does he torch doc oc when only using tentacle attacks while hitting human torch?

Have anyone tested if you hit human torch who have incinerate counter active with projectile attacks if you get burned by those as well?

this is NOT about "ohh he burn me...ohh stop" whine
i want to know if kabam missed this or it is a feature....if so then does it mean everything else that tentacles protects will be removed as well later?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    You're saying that Human Torch is giving you damage back on your hits?
    I tdon't think he has that ability on the quest to be honest ...
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Belfigor said:

posting here and not bugs section because im unsure if bug or feature and want to ask everyone what they think.

So like everyone else ive been fighting human torch many times each day and i wonder how he incinerate omega red if i only use tentacle attacks when i hit human torch?
    same with how does he torch doc oc when only using tentacle attacks while hitting human torch?

Have anyone tested if you hit human torch who have incinerate counter active with projectile attacks if you get burned by those as well?

i want to know if kabam missed this or it is a feature....if so then does it mean everything else that tentacles protects will be removed as well later?

I dont think, and I could be wrong, that tentacle attacks are considered projectiles vs melee hits because they are still connected to the champion, therefore are still part of them..
    Belfigor said:

yes, tentacle hits on a lit human torch incinerate you and im wondering if that is how kabam intended as it will effect other thing they have already implemented before and what they will implement in the future....

So, you are hitting him, and then he places an incinerate debuff/nova plasma on you. Is that it?
    If it is, then I would assume it's working as intended. Omega Red's ability allows him to not take insta-damage back (something like that, not the exact wording). This counters abilities like Korg's thorns, Electro's static shock, etc.
    It doesn't avoid you from getting a debuff applied to you at all.
    He doesn't need to touch you to place incinerates ...
    You are touching him. Making contact with him. That is enough for one of his abilities to proc, which is to place incinerate debuffs on you. You can avoid it somehow, it's on his abilities as well.
  • orballorball Posts: 52
    Doc oc hits are not considered like Omega's tentacle hits
    I had a fight with act5 electro just to test that and I am taking damage
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Belfigor said:

yes, tentacle hits on a lit human torch incinerate you and im wondering if that is how kabam intended as it will effect other thing they have already implemented before and what they will implement in the future....
    Lormif said:

Belfigor said:

I dont think, and I could be wrong, that tentacle attacks are considered projectiles vs melee hits because they are still connected to the champion, therefore are still part of them..
    not saying tentacle hits are projectiles, but it is like using a 10 foot metal rod to poke some fires, the flames will not engulfs the metal stick/rod and travel to the body, it is not electricity.

and if this is a feature, then are other things that tentacles prevent be removed as well?
    Not exactly. In your analogy the 10' rod is not part of your body. It is more like having a 10' arm attacking him. Human torch has the ability to melt even metal