**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Screen Recording Apps - 3rd Party Software Leading to Ban?

Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
So I am pretty sure I have seen approval from the mods about using screen recorders, but I wanted to confirm that. I heard some more people got banned and some of them swore up and down they did nothing wrong, but they used screen recording apps. I know that they could very well be lying and really did cheat, or share their account with a cheater, and I am probably just paranoid, but I wanted to make sure screen recording apps are acceptable. There is no way one of those apps would be classified as a 3rd party software and result in a ban, right? Thank you in advance for calming my paranoia.

Comments

• Screen recording applications do not modify the game, so they are totally fine!
  • ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    They better not! But like Miike said, they're fortunately allowed. Can't wait for iOS 11 so I can finally record my fights without having to pay for some stupid app!
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Screen recording applications do not modify the game, so they are totally fine!

Thank you for the quick response Miike, I appreciate it. Better safe than sorry.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    ShinyMew2 wrote: »
    They better not! But like Miike said, they're fortunately allowed. Can't wait for iOS 11 so I can finally record my fights without having to pay for some stupid app!

What are these words you are speaking? I unfortunately already bought one, but it would be good to know of a free one just in case.
  • ScorpionsKryptScorpionsKrypt Posts: 161
    edited August 2017
    Screen recording applications do not modify the game, so they are totally fine!

Thank you Kabam Miike!
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Ooohhh. iOS is finally getting a recording app? I can't wait.
  • Please clarify Kabam. I'm confused.
    I remember once reading that the use of screen recording was against T&S. Now your saying the use of screen recorders is allowed??

When did the change happen?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Please clarify Kabam. I'm confused.
    I remember once reading that the use of screen recording was against T&S. Now your saying the use of screen recorders is allowed??

When did the change happen?

Not if it's a program that can't modify the game. Recording is acceptable. If it's software that alters the game files, then no.
  • Can a screen recorder alter the game files without the user being aware of it???

I know nothing about software programming so enlighten me.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Since this thread is here. How do you guys record on iOS?
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    If the screen recorder is a buddy with an iphone, no. If it's an app on your bluestacks window, no as well. MCOC on your bluestacks account - yes.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    How else can you prove a bug?