**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts and surprises from rank 5 Hyperion

In a perfect world I would rank 2 a six star domino to use my tier 5 basic catalysts, but I don’t even have a five star domino. But I decided to start ranking up the best champs i have that I use well in an aggressive play style. Hyperion got me through 6.1 unduped. I recently duped and then took my five star Hyperion to sig 100 and was amazed how much easier it was to get huge fury stacks. So I decided to rank 5 him.

Damage - massive. Took down winter soldier in 58 hits as my best, 80 as my worst (with team of Ronan + 3 BB). Got as high as 14 furies. Hit 98k damage on a 3 hit special 2. Took 12 percent of winter soldiers health in a special 3. Minus the furies damage is much lower, but it’s easy to get them.

Healing - I was surprised to see I could heal from 62 percent all the way to 93 percent or so in one healing cycle. This is very nice toward the end of a fight and most god tier champs can’t do this.

Power gain - I just hit special 3 as early as possible for long fights and his power gain is massive for the rest of the fight.

Special 1 - a good stack of furies and you can spam sp1 and really melt the opposition very useful since almost all bleed immune champs are not incinerate immmune.

He probably is not the very best use of a tier 5 basic catalyst. But I have already found a Lot of utility out of him. There are very few uncollected matchups where Hyperion and quake are not useful. I was just surprised that the healing was so high.

Anyone else enjoy rank 5 Hyperion or are you praying for a RDT one day to put it on Corvus instead?

Comments

• Snail_McGavinSnail_McGavin Posts: 105
    I have domino but not a Corvus and I’d still R5 my hype again over those two picks. Besides Aegon my go to champ for most situations is Hype. Congrats on taking him to R5!
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    I have Hype at r5. He's an absolute monster and a staple on my AW attack team. Don't sell his SP2 short. Build up some furies and it does incredible damage. And if it stuns the opponent you can do two more heavies to build up more furies and just keep ramping up the damage.

For fun, you can add Black Bold and either Ronan or Kamala Khan to your team for the Cosmic Supremacy synergy (increases duration of fury buffs by 30%) and also Cap IW and one of OG Thor, Gamora, or OG Captain Marvel for the Cosmic Power synergy (increases buff duration by 25% and stacks with Cosmic Supremacy). I've had 20+ fury stacks against ROL WS and the damage is just stupid at that point.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    The more you play with him the more you will realize his potential.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    How high do u need to take his sig stones? I know at some point the return on investment of sig stones really drops off. I'm just not sure how many I need to give him right now.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Neotwism said:

How high do u need to take his sig stones? I know at some point the return on investment of sig stones really drops off. I'm just not sure how many I need to give him right now.

Not exactly sure but at sig 145 I get 74.28% buff duration.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is amazing once he is duped. Anyone saying he don't need awaken is crazy and he don't need high sig. Sig 20 would get 70% duration and sig 200 will only get you to 75%. I have mine at R5 and never regret it once.
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★
    My rank 5 Hyperion easily outdamages my rank 5 blade, void and Corvus- I think Hyperion is best champ in game personally
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Neotwism said:

I wouldn't put more that 30 sig because the highest get is like 75 or so and with 20 sig you get 74 % buff duration. I just keep pulling him else I would've left him at 20 sig. his prestige is low so the more sig the better but damager wise it does nothing.

• MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    My R4 unduped Hype is my hero of the negative zone quests right now. He generates nice damage. I can't wait until I dupe him. He will most likely be my first R5 champ. I have Blade, OG CM, and Dr. Voodoo as well at R4 but he's my only unduped R4 champ.

If I luck my way into a cosmic awakening gem or a dupe, I'll be happy.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    I am craving for a Hyperion 5 star. Gem is already ready lol. That said I love my 5 star r5 spark whom I r5ed unduped about 3 to 4 months back and few days back I duped him from my last featured pull of current. Extremely happy. He's a beast. My best WS kill was 67 hits earlier and now it's 51. Again I'm craving for Hyperion. Straight r5 material.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    If yoyure using Hyperion as your main damage dealer, you might wanna consider maxing out the dexterity mastery. The longer duration, coupled with Hyperion signature ability gives him a pretty nice crit buff for a lot of attacks, and low crit chance is one of Hyperion's only weak points
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    R5'd mine and have no regrets! Absolute monster once he's awakened!
    I've seen suggestion of adding BB or Ronin for the extended fury duration.. but I find that adding Quake + Hawkeye + Hawkeye to the team to increase his ability accuracy, makes him a flat out god!
    Everything procs more! Crits, Fury stacks, incinerate stacks.. It's easy to reach 11x or 12x fury before they start to expire, and that incinerate damage melts defenders like putting butter in a microwave!

Easily one of my favorite champs to use offensively.