**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Special 3 Bugs April Update

Two bugs I've noticed with special 3's after the update:

1. If you launch a special 3 right after doing a medium attack your champion will immediately throw a medium attack after the special animation ends without you doing an input.

2. Holding block during the enemies special 3 doesn't register and results in your champion standing there not blocking after the animation finishes. Used to be able to buffer the block input during the animation.

Comments

• becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Bumping since I posted it last night.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Hmm....item 1 appears to have happened to me with sym supreme in AW yesterday but I thought it was me.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    I’ve noticed M hit isn’t registering when activating a Specials 1 or 2 from a combo. Special attack interrupts M hit, which causes a delay and the special attack is blocked more than half the time.
  • Captain_CaymanCaptain_Cayman Posts: 62
    edited April 2019
    Number 1 - champion dashes in with Medium attack straight after performing special 3 - keeps happening to me. Special 3s are unusable at the moment in high end quest content as you’ll just eat an intercept and get KO’d as soon as your special ends.

There have been some terrible, buggy releases in the past but this one is a real disgrace. Easily one of the worst releases in history. Kabam you should be ashamed if you claim that this release was tested first.
    Can a mod please acknowledge the Special 3 issues and ensure this bug gets fixed as a high priority? Most importantly the one causing champions to dash at the opponent with a Medium attack uncontrollably as soon as the special 3 animation ends.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious

Happening all the time for me with Ghost Rider. Harder content is unplayable whilst this issue exists.

IPhone X
    iOS 12.1.4
    Mods can you acknowledge you're aware of this bug please? thank you.
  • NosiemNosiem Posts: 195
    Yes, please fix this. If our champ automatically charges the opponent after a special 3, the opponent intercepts and destroys us. What if we were in the middle of AQ or AW. We would have to unnecessarily be forced to use resources we normally wouldn't ever use.
    Any update on the the SP3 Bugs? Wasn't in the latest hotfix but hope it's next in line to be fixed.
    Why are no mods acknowledging this bug in the bugs list? This is a huge issue in the playability of the game.

Happens for me every time when triggering a special 3 following a MLLLM combo.

Update please @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra
  • AlrulzAlrulz Posts: 46
    edited April 2019
    I just got wrecked in AQ map5 vs NC mini. Using Wolvie. Had power at L3 for regen. Got to full health, decided to use my special. Dead. Dashed right into a 5 hit combo.

Also many of the last hits of my combos (MLLLM) would miss
  • Bump
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    edited April 2019
    ive noticed with human torch after a special 3 the game goes to the options menu unsure why??
  • LegionDestroierLegionDestroier Posts: 101
    I just block after the s3 rather than doing above, seems like a cheapskate way of blocking. I used hypes s3 several times and haven't seen him medium after it at all. I always parry the opponent manually after his s3. Maybe play with skills?
  • Having the same issue - specifically with Hyperion - he launches a medium attack immediately after the Special 3 animation is over regardless of inputs (including blocking, swiping backward, or entering no input) before, during or immediately after launching the special 3. Please fix this as I am unable to reliably use my Hyperion.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Any info on this @Kabam Miike ?
  • NitoNito Posts: 70
    Seriously @Kabam Miike , this is a major problem. I use Morningstar a lot, and HAVE to use SP3 with her to build up souls. This happens almost every time I do it. She immediately throws a medium for no reason after the sp3, and I often get intercepted
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137

1. If you launch a special 3 right after doing a medium attack your champion will immediately throw a medium attack after the special animation ends without you doing an input.

2. Holding block during the enemies special 3 doesn't register and results in your champion standing there not blocking after the animation finishes. Used to be able to buffer the block input during the animation.

Everyday in AQ, That Hyperion KO me, cos after his SP3, he gets free 5hit combo
    Kinda feeling frustrated at him
  • Finalflash8Finalflash8 Posts: 72
    Just got smashed by hyperion in war as a result of this bug. First fight, he hit me with sp3 and I held block when the animation was coming to an end. Block didnt register and he 5 hit comboed.

Second fight I learned my lesson and just madly started swiping back. The response was still laggy but I was able to at least get out of the way.

War season starts in 2 days. This really needs to be addressed before that. Thoughts? @Kabam Miike
  • Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Posts: 73
    I throw an L3 an come back to fight right in front of enemy an get hit with a combo because I cant block
  • Numbnuts27Numbnuts27 Posts: 7
    edited April 2019
    Same thing is happening to me with Hyperion. After an L3, I'm either standing right in front of the opponent or I'm lunging towards him. It's totally messed up.
  • edited April 2019
    Hey guys, there's a merged thread HERE about this issue. It's also listed in the 22.1 Known Issues thread. We are aware this is happening and we're currently looking into it. As soon as we have more information to share, we'll be sure to provide everyone with an update.
This discussion has been closed.