**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

It’s unreasonable to max 5* if you can get 6*

SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Rank 1 max level 6* = rank 4 max level 5*.
And the resources needed to rank 2 6* is almost identical to max 5*. But there is huge room for 6* to be ranked up even more.
So I don’t see any reason to max 5*. Because if you can get 1 6*, certainly you can get more. And spending so much resources for 5* is a waste even if it’s god tier.
It’s different in the case of 4*. 2 tier 4 class catalyst is not huge. You can easily get them so you can choose to max a 4* if you really love that champ. It’s not same situation with a 5*.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Rank 1 max level 6* = rank 4 max level 5*.
    And the resources needed to rank 2 6* is almost identical to max 5*. But there is huge room for 6* to be ranked up even more.
    So I don’t see any reason to max 5*. Because if you can get 1 6*, certainly you can get more. And spending so much resources for 5* is a waste even if it’s god tier.
    It’s different in the case of 4*. 2 tier 4 class catalyst is not huge. You can easily get them so you can choose to max a 4* if you really love that champ. It’s not same situation with a 5*.

actually typically a rank 1 6* is better than a rank 4 of the same in 5* as it has more attack and health, but as diablo said it depends on if you need him duped or not. For instance a duped Aegon at 5* will be better than an unduped Aegon at 6* r1
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    in my case all 12 of my 6 stars are **** from Deadpool x force to iron fist my best 6 star is dr oct and he's staying at rank 1. my max 5 stars are starky ( not avail as 6 star) domino, max sig, void max sig, and omega red max sig and my next will be hyperion also max sig ( not avail as 6 star) you could wait a year or more to pull one good 6 star so I say if you have better 5 stars its better to rank those up instead of waiting and watch item expire hoping for a good 6 star to rank 2.

If you have 6star thats good undupped then yeah, but there are lot of garbage champions in 6star crystal, and lot that need their signature ability to be good, so you can realisticaly have to wait few years to get god tier 6star

But think about resources you have to spend to max it. 2 tier 5 basic, 6 tier 2 alpha. It hurts. And what is so different between, say, 8000 PI Domino with 11000 PI Domino? Not so much.
    Domino is a bad example, because her being duped just adds an extra damage when an abilities fails.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    5 stars are cheaper to R5 and have high prestige and the ability to awaken or add sig stones to increase prestige
    Rasilover said:

5 stars are cheaper to R5 and have high prestige and the ability to awaken or add sig stones to increase prestige

They are slightly cheaper to r4-r5, not to r5 from start, it is even more expensive, except in the additional t5bc. I typically do the 6*s though for future proofing. There will come a time where the current 5*s are how we treat 4*s
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    id rather rank up 3 5* to rank 5 than 2 6* to rank 2.
  • JohnDoe89JohnDoe89 Posts: 70
    half the great champions in the game aren't even in the 6 star crystal

ya havin a proper giggle mate?
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    This is like when maxed 4* were a thing, you had better 4* back in the day until the RNG God's gave you 5* worth ranking. It's a progress thing because I have 4 r5 5* but don't have any 6* worth r2 and 6* are still not as easy to get as 5*
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I stopped ranking 4*s when I had better 5*s and I didn't need a new 4*. Then t4cc became more available and the resources I used on 4*s didn't prevent me from ranking 5*s. If you have a 6* worth ranking up it makes sense to do so but unless you have everything you need for all content it doesn't make sense to stop ranking 5*s at this time.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Simple. There’s no 6* Gwenpool.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    If prestige is a concern, R5s are still better. What I did was to focus on 5x R5s to get my prestige up first, then focus on ranking up 6*s.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    No offense intended, but you have a very poor understanding of not only resources, but power level in this game in the context of resource availability vs current content. You couldn’t be more wrong.

One obvious example is considering that T5 basics up until recently were the rarest resource in the game, and it costs two of them vs three to rank up a 5/65 vs a rank 2 6*. This is an immensely significant difference. A far greater cost.

A second obvious example is the number of elite champs that are not available as a 6* such as Stark Spidey, Blade, Magik, etc. that are far better than any 6* at doing what they do best.

A third obvious example is sig level impact/prestige. To clarify, a rank two, 6* Void (as it stands currently) can never be as powerful as his 5/65 counterpart unless you dupe him 8-10 times. Even then, the cost is FAR greater than the 5*.

Your claim is patently false.

One final example, but one that is worth noting.... If you grind arena for units, gold, and iso, then having as many champs ranked up as possible not only quickens your grind and saves you time, but can be of great value later on when specific content calls for them.

Such as: I’m currently going for 100% of Variant. Getting close. I’ve been running multiple 5/45 and 5/65, as well as a few 6*. Wanna know one of my MVPs? 4* 5/50 Gulk.

New Variant requires many champs that have been sitting on the sidelines. I know I have more 4* that will go up as well. Not to mention 5*.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    It won’t matter anyway. You can still use them for arenas
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    The 6 star pool will never have all the Champs.

There will never be a 6 star AA or blade.

edited April 2019
    “On a long enough timeline the survival rate of everyone drops to zero”. Not really a solid argument in this case however. I have multiple 5* champs at rank 4 or max. Know who I use for map 4&5 of AQ? 5/50 Corvus.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Rasilover said:

They are slightly cheaper to r4-r5, not to r5 from start, it is even more expensive, except in the additional t5bc. I typically do the 6*s though for future proofing. There will come a time where the current 5*s are how we treat 4*s
    When 7*s are introduced... But when the time comes the 5*s become obsolete like the 4*s then it's probably time to move on from the game. I'm just thinking out loud here it will probably take at least 2-2.5 years to R2 a 7* champ if and when that happens.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

For those in the end game, the OP is entirely correct. It is a long term view. 5*s will eventually be phased out, and people need to realise that every t5b put into a 5* now will become wasted in about a year's time.

If you think of it from a business perspective, Kabam would love for players to keep putting resources into 5*s, because soon or later things will move on to 6*s. Players who have spent thousands getting their 5*s to sig 200 will soon be eclipsed by 6*s.That is also why we see that rank 4-5 gem sale from Act 6 - it is basically throwing 12k units into an asset that is close to obsolescence.

Edit to clarify: obviously there are exceptions. If you don't have a single 5* at r5, you probably need that first to progress somewhat in the game, unless you already have a duped 6* that is worth taking to r2. Similarly if prestige is important to you then getting 5 x 5* r5 is important first. Also certain champs that possibly won't appear as 6*s, like blade or quake, may be worth taking to r5 since they may never be available in 6* form. My post is more to raise awareness that some may not see it yet, but 5*s are on the way out - the cavalier crystals have assured that.

Again, t4cc put in 4*s even after 5*s came out weren't wasted. I have 100 unopened t4cc cats and a ton of frags. New good 5*s are still helpful for current content. Not ranking them because you are waiting for the 6* takeover will stall your progression and may not even matter in the long play as rank up materials become more available. For those in the endgame OP is still way off.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    gl getting a good 6 star that's worthy of r2 though. I have 9 six stars and none are good enough to rank up. I'm still using all my 5 stars for everything. 6 stars on the bench. In fact, my 5 stars are so good, they will be better than any of the 6 stars I have even if they are r3 or even r4.
    LoPresti said:

gl getting a good 6 star that's worthy of r2 though. I have 9 six stars and none are good enough to rank up. I'm still using all my 5 stars for everything. 6 stars on the bench. In fact, my 5 stars are so good, they will be better than any of the 6 stars I have even if they are r3 or even r4.

They are great for arena, synergies, and especially Variant content. I’ll bet you $5 you have a good 6* for Variant. They are also just plain fun, because you get to play with high ranked champs you normally wouldn’t rank up.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited April 2019

LoPresti said:

They are great for arena, synergies, and especially Variant content. I’ll bet you $5 you have a good 6* for Variant. They are also just plain fun, because you get to play with high ranked champs you normally wouldn’t rank up.
    yeaaaa, noooo. I'm not dumping uber rare resources to rank up a mediocre champion. My 5 stars will do much better than any of my 6 stars. You would have to be really dumb to rank up a mediocre 6 star, just because it's a 6 star, when your 5 stars are thousand times better.

Also, I don't play arena. Don't have any 6 stars with good synergies (and I can also use an unranked 5 star for that). I'm also done with Variant 100% and I didn't use any of my 6 stars, only 5 stars.

I had the same problem with 5 stars, I was still relying on 4 stars to do 100% Act 5. It sucks, but it is what it is. Though I really wish we could just promote champions in stars. It gets really old to keep having to get "a good champion that you can rank" over and over in higher stars. I'm definitely gonna quit the game when 7 stars get released and I get gatekeeped by RNG again.