**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

EQ timer and energy cost

Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
The amount of time allotted to compete this month's EQ is about a week shorter than normal, but there is no difference in energy cost. When paired with the energy cost on the bounty missions, this seems a bit of an excessive strain.

What gives?

Comments

• Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    Buehller?
  • Nightwraith21Nightwraith21 Posts: 68
    I agree, it's clearly a way to make us spend for energy refills. Bounty missions at the least should be energy free.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Do people even spend for Refills anymore? I just use Units from Grinding.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

I almost never get refills. I've done every uncollected ever and every master. I do a completion run generally on everything else. Sometimes 100% heroic. Sometimes when I am close to the end I'll get sick of it and get a few refills but that's about it.
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 257 ★★
    To 100% heroic, master uncollected and 3 weeks worth of neg zones will cost 5653 energy. If tou never miss one on the timer that is 23,55 days worth of energy for a 21 day event.

If you want to complete as above you will need atleast 9 full refills and that is atleast 270 units or $10 kabam will make this month out ot everyone that wants to complete the 3 mentioned difficulties and 3weeks worth of Johnny’s and then you dont miss one energy you get from the timer.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Thiartc said:

To 100% heroic, master uncollected and 3 weeks worth of neg zones will cost 5653 energy. If tou never miss one on the timer that is 23,55 days worth of energy for a 21 day event.

If you want to complete as above you will need atleast 9 full refills and that is atleast 270 units or $10 kabam will make this month out ot everyone that wants to complete the 3 mentioned difficulties and 3weeks worth of Johnny’s and then you dont miss one energy you get from the timer.

Are you accounting for the fact that we get free refills from a lot of events? I have a couple in stash right now.
    edited April 2019
    No i did not. But it doesnt matter. If you use the free refills here, somewhere along the road you will have to buy, farm, grind, spend to get that “lost” refill back.

Its not fair i think of them to force you to have to spend just to complete content, then this game cant be considered free to play anymore
    We also got 5 Free Refills in an Email a couple weeks ago.
    Thiartc said:

No i did not. But it doesnt matter. If you use the free refills here, somewhere along the road you will have to buy, farm, grind, spend to get that “lost” refill back.

Its not fair i think of them to force you to have to spend just to complete content, then this game cant be considered free to play anymore

It's not required to spend. You get Units and occasional Refills from the Arena, Units from the EQ, Refills from Events, plus you can request Help for faster Energy. Most of the time, people spend on Energy because they're trying to get it done in a hurry, or perhaps a Legends Run.
    edited April 2019
    Hahahaha. 10 energy every 8 hours from alliance help. That is 30 per day, less than half a refill, one full refill every 3 days from
    Alliance quests, that gives you 7 full refills over the 3 weeks, so lets say you never miss a tick of energy, you request help from alliance everytime and get to all milestones to get the one refill, you will be able to do it all in the 3 weeks, but not one thing more.

No story quests, no daily cats, nothing.

This was build and planned with one purpose only, to make people spend refills and by saying that, i mean they made it so for us to spend units
    Not sure what game you're playing, but you get more than 10 Energy every 8 hours. Plus it refills on its own.
    I don't see any logical sense with the argument that EQ Energy is a ploy to make money. As someone who never really spends money on it and has ample time to finish several Difficulties, I can attest that it's not necessary. If you're trying to rush through and do it all at once, you'll need Units. You can get those by playing. Honestly, that comes up just about every month. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I highly doubt they're making a great deal of money from EQ Refills. Lol.
    You can request help from alliance once every 8 hours and that give you 10 energy?

I agree, in four or 5 week event months, energy isnt an issue, just this month, one whole week shorter and an eight hour recurring event that uses 20 energy per completion.

• LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Thiartc said:

Why 100% heroic? Those rewards are so bad. 1 day of bounty is the same 5 star shards as exploring heroic.
    The problem here is I haven't seen the reduced event time announced anywhere. It's lack of transparency—again—on Kabams's part. I'm wholly disinterested in anything GW has to say about this—rather, I'd like an explanation from Kabam. Some of us need the full month because we have lives and responsibilities outside of the game—something it appears Kabam is disinterested in considering for more advanced players.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★

WELCOME TO THE NEGATIVE ZONE

Q&A
    How long does this Quest run for?
    This Quest will be starting on April 3rd at 10:00AM PDT and will run until April 24th at 10:00AM PDT. Those attempting Legends runs will have until 10 AM PDT on April 17th to 100% explore both Heroic and Master difficulties.

As for an explanation from Kabam, it's self-explanatory that it is Endgame related, and contractual issues come into play.
    djr17 said:

WELCOME TO THE NEGATIVE ZONE

Q&A
    How long does this Quest run for?
    This Quest will be starting on April 3rd at 10:00AM PDT and will run until April 24th at 10:00AM PDT. Those attempting Legends runs will have until 10 AM PDT on April 17th to 100% explore both Heroic and Master difficulties.

As for an explanation from Kabam, it's self-explanatory that it is Endgame related, and contractual issues come into play.
    Sadly, this doesn't mitigate the compression of energy expenditure issue.
    3 weeks is enough time, and if you have responsibilities outside the game, that comes first. They likely had to align the next with Endgame, and ran the EQ as planned. The Energy cost is a part of what's required for the Quest. If you reduce the Energy required, that could be met with a reduction in Rewards. All I can say is, do what you can. Even Bounties are only 2 Fights each, and doing all Master and Epic give 975 5* Shards a day, plus the other Rewards that accompany them.

3 weeks is enough time, and if you have responsibilities outside the game, that comes first. They likely had to align the next with Endgame, and ran the EQ as planned. The Energy cost is a part of what's required for the Quest. If you reduce the Energy required, that could be met with a reduction in Rewards. All I can say is, do what you can. Even Bounties are only 2 Fights each, and doing all Master and Epic give 975 5* Shards a day, plus the other Rewards that accompany them.

#seatinwasright
    edited April 2019
    That was uncalled for. I tried to offer some rationality on the subject, and all you seem interested in doing is making inappropriate digs towards me. Let me put it another way.
    They don't have to reduce the Energy required just because there's a week less. 3 weeks is ample time. If you don't have the schedule for it, then there's not much anyone can tell you. Perhaps it would be a better use of your time to do it than slinging insults. Good luck.

That was uncalled for. I tried to offer some rationality on the subject, and all you seem interested in doing is making inappropriate digs towards me. Let me put it another way.
    They don't have to reduce the Energy required just because there's a week less. 3 weeks is ample time. If you don't have the schedule for it, then there's not much anyone can tell you. Perhaps it would be a better use of your time to do it than slinging insults. Good luck.

Except you don't. You consistently derail threads by doing nothing more than towing an unwaveringly pro-Kabam line without thinking critically about the actual issues at hand. As I said earlier, I have zero interest in your perspective because it never takes full stock of data, history, and the user-end side of the game experience. Ultimately, I find your contributions to be consistently unconvincing and thinly argued.

They already have an established track record of adjusting energy costs of EQ relative to monthly-adjacent quests. Any simple knowledge/experience of/with the history of EQ in this game shows this to be the case.
    edited April 2019
    No. I do not consistently derail Threads, and I'm not towing anyone's line, and when you post on the Forum, it is open to anyone to comment on. I am quite aware of the data, having been here for a number of years, and I know this has come up before, and people made their way through it regardless. The End-Game perspective isn't even applicable to this scenario, just another attempt to discredit what I'm saying based on game progress. The part that really makes it obvious is that it doesn't pertain to what we're discussing here.
    Evidence suggests that EQ Energy varies. Sometimes more, sometimes less. That isn't correlated to the time within the month in general. On the contrary, all signs point to their own data showing that most people complete it within the first two weeks, supported by their comments, as well as previous decisions to release secondary content after the first two weeks have passed, giving people a chance to focus on EQ.
    There is an unrealistic expectation that if there is a week less, people are entitled to less Energy required. That's what we're discussing. Not a precedent that doesn't exist. You can take all the shots you want at me, but it's not a requirement, so if you can't muster the time, I guess you'll have to miss it.
    Good luck.

Not a precedent that doesn't exist.

Yeah, it does exist. Actually, in exactly this same situation, a year ago. The Infinity Gauntlet Thanos map required minimal energy and only one path. As a result, an adjacent month's energy cost was adjusted to account for the discrepancy. Apparently, something comparable is incoming—and the change is adversely affecting this month's EQ.

The rest of your previous comment is irrelevant drivel.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

People shouldn’t have to use extra energy refill for something that usually give a longer time to complete.
    That literally has no correlation to having a week less. We don't know what's coming. Also, do you have evidence to correlate the following month with that Quest? I remember the justification being that they wanted 3.2 to be about the Boss Fight.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    The last time they ran a shortened EQ, the energy requirements were reduced. Not sure why it was not this time. Seems like a rushed job.

I've never missed a single heroic/master/uncollected.. But this may be the first time I give heroic a miss. The rewards are quite outdated anyway, and rather be spending my energy on Act 6 or Variant 2.

Please take this feedback sincerely. The more events you make that players skip, the more detached players get from the game. Why make events if you dont expect players to complete it. I'm not even talking about difficulty - talking about the practically limited availability of energy in this game. Each month's EQ takes up way too much energy these days, leaving little time to complete other content. When uncollected mode was added, the overall energy required for a month's EQ increased by more than 50%, which practically means players have less spare energy to clear other content.
    Ultra8529 said:

The last time they ran a shortened EQ, the energy requirements were reduced. Not sure why it was not this time. Seems like a rushed job.

See, this right here. It's not that difficult.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    The point of this thread is just to point out that this month there is an event quest who's length is comparable to other monthly quests. Yet people have a week less to complete it. People have a right to be annoyed with that. Not sure why some people are so obsessed with arguing for no other purpose then to show there unwavering support for all things Kabaam.