**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Roster Advice

Build my AW Offense and defense.

Also Who should I work on ranking up?

Comments

• BDeezyBDeezy Posts: 119

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    BDeezy said:

What war tier, and which path do you normally run on offense?
  • PIZZATIMEPIZZATIME Posts: 307
    Corvus Gulk and Korg to me but u do u
  • ThemadpotatoThemadpotato Posts: 58
    Looking at your roster, I say you should completely disregard building your defense and completely focus on getting the 1 or 2 staple champs that will get you through most content. I would focus on you Corvus and Omega Red. Both are extremely good for almost 100% of the content, and they give a bunch of utility with their immunities. Try focusing mainly on Omega Red and try to get him awakened, since a lot of what makes him great comes from the duped ability. Once you have your attackers, then focus on your defense.
    DNA3000 said:

BDeezy said:

We are silver 1 and don’t have assigned paths at the moment

Looking at your roster, I say you should completely disregard building your defense and completely focus on getting the 1 or 2 staple champs that will get you through most content. I would focus on you Corvus and Omega Red. Both are extremely good for almost 100% of the content, and they give a bunch of utility with their immunities. Try focusing mainly on Omega Red and try to get him awakened, since a lot of what makes him great comes from the duped ability. Once you have your attackers, then focus on your defense.

Just pulled Omega yesterday which was awesome and that’s the plan unfortunately I know it’ll be quite awhile before I dupe him

• zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    Always focus on offense over defense until you have a stable attack team for AQ and AW.
  • ThemadpotatoThemadpotato Posts: 58
    BDeezy said:

Just pulled Omega yesterday which was awesome and that’s the plan unfortunately I know it’ll be quite awhile before I dupe him

Just keep progressing in the story. Worst case scenario you could use the generic awakening gem from act 5 when you get there. He's definitely worth it
  • B4nanaJoB4nanaJo Posts: 89
    Corvus, Omega Red, Sabertooh, Magik, RHulk, Korg, Domino & Hyperion are great options and solid champs to clear difficult content with.
    You’ve got a good mix of class, abilities and fun champs to play there fella!

Watch some you tubers like Brian Grant, Seatin and Dorky Dave - some great insight on the game right there.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    BDeezy said:

DNA3000 said:

BDeezy said:

Silver is your bracket, but I'll assume that you're probably in a lower-mid tier like tier 14 or so, and Normal tier map.

First, I'm going to echo what others have said about focusing on offense first. You want to be able to progress in the game. In effect, the best way to get better at war is to get better at the solo content, because getting good at the solo content is the way to get more champions, more rank up materials, build a stronger roster, and that will make you better in war faster than trying to focus on war itself. Let the rising tide lift all your boats.

Right now in my opinion your best attackers for all content, including AW, would be She Hulk, Magik, Corvus, Omega Red, Domino, Medusa, Hulk Ragnarok, Red Hulk, and Hyperion. Of those champions, the ones that are also decent defenders are: Magik, Omega Red (if awakened), Domino (if awakened), Medusa (if awakened), and Hyperion (if awakened). So if you rank those up (after being awakened for those that need it), you could get two for one benefits in some cases: good attacker when you need one, good defender when you don't.

I would focus on those in terms of rank up. I would place as defenders in the meantime: MODOK, Korg, Daredevil, Mordo, and maybe Cable. You're not going to necessarily get a ton of kills, and you shouldn't rank them up at the expense of ranking good attackers, but at your tier they can be problematic for newer players to deal with. MODOK's unblockable gives most people at least a little trouble. Korg is unawakened but can be tricky to fight at lower tiers regardless. Daredevil is awakened and can catch people off guard with his projectile evasion. Mordo has astral evasion. And Cable is your highest champion that I wouldn't be using as much on attack: having more health does matter as a defender, because no matter how tricky or dangerous a defender is, if it dies too quickly none of those tricks matters.

In terms of rank up priority, I would recommend prioritizing as follows:

1. Rank up to consistently fully explore Heroic
    2. Complete at least one path of Master
    3. Build a suitable AQ attack team for your current alliance level
    4. Complete Act 4
    5. Work towards becoming Uncollected
    6. Work to complete at least one path of Uncollected monthly
    7. Build a reasonably strong AW attack team for your current war tier
    8. Whatever's left goes into defense, unless you're Gold 1 or higher and prioritizing war

There's wiggle room in there, and it is just one person's opinion, but I think that's a good rule of thumb for progressing in the game. At some point you'll also be thinking about LoL, full Act 5, and Cavalier, but that's way down the road still.
    DNA3000 said:

BDeezy said:

DNA3000 said:

BDeezy said:

Silver is your bracket, but I'll assume that you're probably in a lower-mid tier like tier 14 or so, and Normal tier map.

First, I'm going to echo what others have said about focusing on offense first. You want to be able to progress in the game. In effect, the best way to get better at war is to get better at the solo content, because getting good at the solo content is the way to get more champions, more rank up materials, build a stronger roster, and that will make you better in war faster than trying to focus on war itself. Let the rising tide lift all your boats.

Right now in my opinion your best attackers for all content, including AW, would be She Hulk, Magik, Corvus, Omega Red, Domino, Medusa, Hulk Ragnarok, Red Hulk, and Hyperion. Of those champions, the ones that are also decent defenders are: Magik, Omega Red (if awakened), Domino (if awakened), Medusa (if awakened), and Hyperion (if awakened). So if you rank those up (after being awakened for those that need it), you could get two for one benefits in some cases: good attacker when you need one, good defender when you don't.

I would focus on those in terms of rank up. I would place as defenders in the meantime: MODOK, Korg, Daredevil, Mordo, and maybe Cable. You're not going to necessarily get a ton of kills, and you shouldn't rank them up at the expense of ranking good attackers, but at your tier they can be problematic for newer players to deal with. MODOK's unblockable gives most people at least a little trouble. Korg is unawakened but can be tricky to fight at lower tiers regardless. Daredevil is awakened and can catch people off guard with his projectile evasion. Mordo has astral evasion. And Cable is your highest champion that I wouldn't be using as much on attack: having more health does matter as a defender, because no matter how tricky or dangerous a defender is, if it dies too quickly none of those tricks matters.

In terms of rank up priority, I would recommend prioritizing as follows:

1. Rank up to consistently fully explore Heroic
    2. Complete at least one path of Master
    3. Build a suitable AQ attack team for your current alliance level
    4. Complete Act 4
    5. Work towards becoming Uncollected
    6. Work to complete at least one path of Uncollected monthly
    7. Build a reasonably strong AW attack team for your current war tier
    8. Whatever's left goes into defense, unless you're Gold 1 or higher and prioritizing war

There's wiggle room in there, and it is just one person's opinion, but I think that's a good rule of thumb for progressing in the game. At some point you'll also be thinking about LoL, full Act 5, and Cavalier, but that's way down the road still.
    How did you know I haven’t completed act 4
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Focus first on your Attack Team.

With a good attack team you can finish more content and get more rewards/ressources, faster.

Then start building defense!

BTW, champions like Medusa, Emma Frost, and Magik, can be good as offense and defender’s!

Have fun!