**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How many 5* crystals do you open at once?

I want to do this poll to see how people are opening 5* crystals.

How many 5* crystals do you open at once? 104 votes

1 crystal at a time and got great champs
63%
xNigGeoqui21Manup456TerraFoxhero007Jim0172BboychoboCoBfan1987abhi7215Sixshot1ThatGuyYouSaw235MrgrifoAKTEKSpiderCoolsDuke_SilverMoot4LifeCupidtom523JakearoundJohn757 66 votes
1 crystal at a time and got garbage
30%
Dexman1349adqqedfyvrbuttersSavio444CliffordcanGeneralDCWrathfulRavenHendrossThecrusher_9756JayProngscx23433Nodude78shadow_lurker22Shadow_PhoneixCarnicador_22The_red_EclipseStanceWakanda4Ever278Cosmicspiderman777ẞlооd 32 votes
5 crystals at a time and got great champs
0%
5 crystals at a time and got garbage
1%
pooldead1725Zeezoos 2 votes
10 crystals at a time and got great champs
1%
SpeedbumpZardu_Hasseulfraü 2 votes
10 crystals at a time and got garbage
0%
UlysseOdysseus75 1 vote
20 crystals at a time and got great champs
0%
20 crystals at a time and got garbage
0%
Hairyslug 1 vote

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    Latest opening was KG, :(
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    My last 5* was Ghost 😃
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Actually it’s hit or miss for me. Most of my 5* champs aren’t going past rank 2, but I got a Ghost, Dr Voodoo, and She Hulk out of them too
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Hoarding is unhealthy behavior...FYI. That is why I open them one at a time as soon as I get them. Mostly garbage
  • TinoMiaTinoMia Posts: 56
    I’ve been doing 2 at a time and it’s mostly been garbage.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    In had a full year of garbage, 25 trash in a row.....

But luck as turned around lately... korg, modok, gwenpool, venum, angela...

Just cyclops and rocket who was disappointing

Bit hey... thats the game
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Last 5* i opened was ghost
  • 1 crystal at a time and got great champs
    5* blade then awaken like 2 months ago
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Where is the "I open 1 and get mediocre champs?" Anyway, last 5* crystal I duped my Rogue (sig 55 now) and last good crystal was about 1 month ago with sparky and Domino back to back
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I'd say I've had about a 70-30 split on my 5* champs.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    My last 3 were magneto, proxima annnnnnnnnndddd magneto. 🙃
    But proxima is good.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I open one at a time, but there's no option in between great and garbage. XD
  • Geoqui21Geoqui21 Posts: 55
    No matter how you open crystals, it’s always a hit or miss. I always spin mine and let them stop by themselves. I’ve gotten trash, but also get really good champs. Latest pulls have been: 5* korg 3x, 5* Emma (2days ago), 6* domino two weeks ago, and a couple **** 5*. No real correct way imo🤷🏽‍♂️
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    There is no correlation at all to be found here. Sometimes I hoard for features, or for a champ to be added, and sometimes I just pop one. It makes no difference on my luck for any particular opening.
  • Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 401 ★★
    I opened two and got medusa and quake first time dupe. Then opened a single one and duped gambit for the 3rd time I'd personally day open a few at a time more chances at a better champ and less chance or being disappointed every opening

I opened two and got medusa and quake first time dupe. Then opened a single one and duped gambit for the 3rd time I'd personally day open a few at a time more chances at a better champ and less chance or being disappointed every opening

You have the same number of chances at a good champ. You’re just waiting longer between openings.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240

You have the same number of chances at a good champ. You’re just waiting longer between openings.
    Saving shards so you can open multiple 5*'s at a time, lets you even out your disappointed feelings of getting a bad pull. No one likes pulling bad champs.

Also champs are being added to the basic pull so if you're at a stage where you're more interested in newer champs then holding off could pay off.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    yeah great champs... like phoenix.

but no really I'd generally say my 5* luck is pretty good. Just don't have any tech 5*s yet. Really do want someone like a Sentinel or an awakened Star-Lord. And no I don't really enjoy playing stark spidey that much... but I guess I'd be fine with that too...
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Any option for "1 at a time but average champs"?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

I open more or less immediately (I generally wait for an event that I can earn points in for opening crystals) but there is some psychology here. Opening several crystals at the same time doesn't improve your chances of getting something good, but it does reduce the chances of an opening being totally bad. If, say, you think half the champs are good and half are bad, then opening one at a time means on average half the time you will open one bad champ, and that's it. If you open, say, three at a time then there are eight possibilities: all bad, all good, two good, two bad (there's three distinct ways to pull the last two possibilities each). Only one of those is all bad, so there's a seven in eight chance the opening won't be all bad, and only a one in eight chance that it will be all bad. When it is all bad, it will be "more bad" than if you open one at a time, but if this is something that you *feel* is better, there's no harm in doing it.
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    1 crystal at a time with amazing to average to bad luck
  • PEKKACHUPEKKACHU Posts: 136
    My latest pull is Korg :)
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Mine is very hit and miss. I spin crystals one at a time for 5 seconds. I’ve gotten Ghost and Omega Red back to back but my last 5* was double duping Cyclops. I have about 30-40 5*d and only like 8 mid tier champs
    DNA3000 said:

I open more or less immediately (I generally wait for an event that I can earn points in for opening crystals) but there is some psychology here. Opening several crystals at the same time doesn't improve your chances of getting something good, but it does reduce the chances of an opening being totally bad. If, say, you think half the champs are good and half are bad, then opening one at a time means on average half the time you will open one bad champ, and that's it. If you open, say, three at a time then there are eight possibilities: all bad, all good, two good, two bad (there's three distinct ways to pull the last two possibilities each). Only one of those is all bad, so there's a seven in eight chance the opening won't be all bad, and only a one in eight chance that it will be all bad. When it is all bad, it will be "more bad" than if you open one at a time, but if this is something that you *feel* is better, there's no harm in doing it.
    I fully understand the psychology behind it. The human brain is always looking to reduce stress, and therefore equates pleasure with reason. If a person opens ten crystals at once and pulls an amazing champ among nine less desirable ones it will mark this as the logical path to take, as opposed to opening one at a time, and pulling nine trash champs in individual openings before getting the desirable one.

Some of us recognize this delusion, and happen to possess a certain capacity for logic that knows that it makes no difference. On the contrary, it could be argued that it is in fact more beneficial in reality to open as you get them. The next crystal could be the champ that helps your account immediately, and you wouldn’t have spent all that time saving. You could’ve benefitted from this pull much earlier.
    edited April 2019
    Stance said:

Mine is very hit and miss. I spin crystals one at a time for 5 seconds. I’ve gotten Ghost and Omega Red back to back but my last 5* was double duping Cyclops. I have about 30-40 5*d and only like 8 mid tier champs

I've heard the champ has already been chosen when you open the crystal and the spinning animation is just added for visual effect?
    I believe it is decided the moment you actually pop the crystal. I say this, because I noticed the “1” pop up on the champions tab the moment I clicked on the spinning crystal. This of course indicated a new champ. It only happened when I tapped it to stop spinning.

I spin for fun though. Makes it more of an event. It gets me all worked up seeing who it troll rolls over. Haha

• DragonsniperRhQDragonsniperRhQ Posts: 78
    I got Korg, Blade, Sentinel, Dr Voodoo and just recently Hyperion! (:
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Stance said:

I've heard the champ has already been chosen when you open the crystal and the spinning animation is just added for visual effect?
    It doesn’t matter at all. As soon as the Crystal is loaded the champ is decided. As humans we like to feel like we have control over things we actually have no control over, like luck. I don’t know if you ever played Pokemon but people used to come up with various similar combinations and say it increased the chance of catching the Pokemon. Same principle here
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★
    edited April 2019
    Do any of you know when is my Iron Patriot is due, so that I know when have to stop opening regular 5* crystals and start opening featured crystals?