**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #2: Mystery in the Microrealm

Comments

• Jack_OHaraJack_OHara Posts: 92

Hahahahaha no way

Keep it up Kabam. Legitimately made me laugh.

• LufasoLufaso Posts: 104
    Can i do variant 2 if i didn't do 100% in variant 1 ?
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    It should be 2016 champs this time around...I still have all three of my 2015 R4 rank gems, two mystic and 1 cosmic and without SW, DS, Gamora and Thor not even eligible, it’s not even worth using them on someone else. I’d rather save the gold and ISO....

@Kabam Miike think you can talk to the game team about making it 2016 gems? Almost all of the 2015 champs are still old and most have maybe 5 sentences total in there abilities while the new champs have 5-10 paragraphs.

It’s like giving someone a chance to win a car (2015 R4 Gem) that barely works and won’t help you get from point A to B (Questing) Why would I even put gas in it? (Gold/ISO)

And now the prize is to get three more?

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    Nabz034 said:

It should be 2016 champs this time around...I still have all three of my 2015 R4 rank gems, two mystic and 1 cosmic and without SW, DS, Gamora and Thor not even eligible, it’s not even worth using them on someone else. I’d rather save the gold and ISO....

@Kabam Miike think you can talk to the game team about making it 2016 gems? Almost all of the 2015 champs are still old and most have maybe 5 sentences total in there abilities while the new champs have 5-10 paragraphs.

It’s like giving someone a chance to win a car (2015 R4 Gem) that barely works and won’t help you get from point A to B (Questing) Why would I even put gas in it? (Gold/ISO)

A) There's over 200 posts and this has been discussed at length.

B) its a 2015 quest so we get 2015 gems

C) there are many 2015 champs that are still worthy of being ranked up. The class distinction does present a small problem though.

D) These gems are about and easy way to increase your roster depth. Champs like Ultron aren't worth using t2a to bring up to R4 anymore, but would still be worth a gem.
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    IKON said:

Nabz034 said:

A) There's over 200 posts and this has been discussed at length.

C) there are many 2015 champs that are still worthy of being ranked up. The class distinction does present a small problem though.

D) These gems are about and easy way to increase your roster depth. Champs like Ultron aren't worth using t2a to bring up to R4 anymore, but would still be worth a gem.

Then you can use them since you like them so much...I’m sure 99% of the players would prefer to see more champs to use those gems on...

Especially since for some summoners who finished the first Variant early, they were able to use them on all champs, not just 2015. And these rank ups were never rewinded like the whole T5C fiasco was taken back.

The glitch with the 2015 Gems on first release is not relevant to the discussion about making the newly released gems 2016.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    So, are we going to get answershere about the nodes poorly worded?
    Talking about "Heavy machinery" node indicating it will only interact with "Buffs", and "Supernova" node that does nothing for the Thing
  • 57R34K_the_MERC57R34K_the_MERC Posts: 23
    edited April 2019
    I'm not seeing the new back issues. Wasn't it supposed to be released 25 minutes ago?

Edit: nevermind. I'm a day behind...
  • ian5555ian5555 Posts: 19
    edited April 2019
    It's interesting to me that there is more outrage over the 2015 rank up gems then the what seems to be requirement to use XL champs. The XL pool really kind of blows and of my 10 6*s, 4 rank 5 5*s and over a dozen rank 4 5*s not one is XL. I'd rather not but might need to rank up Venom, Rulk or Ghulk for this unless I get lucky and pull a Thing in a few weeks when he's added to the basic.

This is worse then no 4*s in act 6 imo. Just hope I don't pull more mutant 2015 gems (x2 so far lol)
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    ian5555 said:

It's interesting to me that there is more outrage over the 2015 rank up gems then the what seems to be requirement to use XL champs. The XL pool really kind of blows and of my 10 6*s, 4 rank 5 5*s and over a dozen rank 4 5*s not one is XL. I'd rather not but might need to rank up Venom, Rulk or Ghulk for this unless I get lucky and pull a Thing in a few weeks when he's added to the basic.

This is worse then no 4*s in act 6 imo. Just hope I don't pull more mutant 2015 gems (x2 so far lol)

You dont need to use XL champs. They are just the only champs that are completely immune to glancing in this quest. Other sizes are only immune on specific attacks like specials or heavies
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Is Variant 2 going to be as much of a shameless cash grab as Variant 1? I mean, you all know it's a joke when you have Magik Limbo damage doing 1k per tick and outside of GHulk there's no way to avoid it triggering 3/4 times you push her to a bar of power? Not to mention the starburst and degen paths. Will we have to whale our way through Variant 2.0 also? Why don't you cut out the middle man and just post the Variant rewards for 15k units now?

You can also just use AA and poison her mind
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Is Variant 2 going to be as much of a shameless cash grab as Variant 1? I mean, you all know it's a joke when you have Magik Limbo damage doing 1k per tick and outside of GHulk there's no way to avoid it triggering 3/4 times you push her to a bar of power? Not to mention the starburst and degen paths. Will we have to whale our way through Variant 2.0 also? Why don't you cut out the middle man and just post the Variant rewards for 15k units now?

Variant was the first end game content added in ages. People are looking forward to Variant 2 because they enjoyed Variant 1. I hope they add more shameless cash grabs on which I will spend $0.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Nabz034 said:

That argument might be valid if they only put 2015 defenders in the quest.
    Drooped2 said:

V1PER1987 said:

IKON said:

Nabz034 said:

And 2015 nodes. So this is beginner difficulty?
    Just tired of the argument it’s a 2015 quest so you only get 2015 gems.
    V1PER1987 said:

Drooped2 said:

V1PER1987 said:

IKON said:

Nabz034 said:

And 2015 nodes. So this is beginner difficulty?
    Just tired of the argument it’s a 2015 quest so you only get 2015 gems.
    Well it is literally the reason its being done so...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I could whale out and spend my way past Variant, but instead I'm taking it slow, practicing against every fight so that I can do it not only without spending units, but without spending all my potions either. It has been a long time since there was permanent content that I could do that with: that was hard enough that I could practice for weeks without being able to just destroy it, but would actually still be around long enough for me to practice on. The last time I did that, it was against RoL. I do take practice runs on Labyrinth but to be honest a LoL run would take up so much time that I don't currently want to devote to it, and I can't just stick champs in there and take my time because they would be tied up.

Variant is perfect for someone who wants to work their way up without spending. If you want to get better at this game, are willing to practice at it, are willing to accept temporary failure in the process, and have the discipline to not spend, Variant is not a cash grab at all. If you're someone that believes they deserve to complete everything instantly, and if they can't do it without spending then they will just spend past the content and then complain about the fact that they were "forced" to spend past the content, then Variant is probably a thorn in your side. But that's your problem, not the game's problem. Maybe Variant isn't meant for you. Maybe its meant for the players for whom it *isn't* a cash grab. Maybe the fact that you think it is a cash grab is actually a red flag you're supposed to not ignore.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Yay more content that i dont have the roster to beat..
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I could whale out and spend my way past Variant, but instead I'm taking it slow, practicing against every fight so that I can do it not only without spending units, but without spending all my potions either. It has been a long time since there was permanent content that I could do that with: that was hard enough that I could practice for weeks without being able to just destroy it, but would actually still be around long enough for me to practice on. The last time I did that, it was against RoL. I do take practice runs on Labyrinth but to be honest a LoL run would take up so much time that I don't currently want to devote to it, and I can't just stick champs in there and take my time because they would be tied up.

Variant is perfect for someone who wants to work their way up without spending. If you want to get better at this game, are willing to practice at it, are willing to accept temporary failure in the process, and have the discipline to not spend, Variant is not a cash grab at all. If you're someone that believes they deserve to complete everything instantly, and if they can't do it without spending then they will just spend past the content and then complain about the fact that they were "forced" to spend past the content, then Variant is probably a thorn in your side. But that's your problem, not the game's problem. Maybe Variant isn't meant for you. Maybe its meant for the players for whom it *isn't* a cash grab. Maybe the fact that you think it is a cash grab is actually a red flag you're supposed to not ignore.
    There are literally parts of Variant which cannot be cleared without A: the correct 2-3 champs or B: dumping pots and revives. I am mostly talking about chapter 3, where the degen, direct damage, power gain, and punishment for buffs (**** you cosmic class) is rampant. Cosmic and Science is by far my best class: R5 Corvus duped, R4 Hype duped, R4 CaIW Duped, 6* Rhulk, R3 Quake, VTW, Wasp, Proxima, 5/50 Void etc. But the fact that I don't have a GHulk means I have to spend. It's just aggravating.
  • RonildasRonildas Posts: 63
    i expect at least 10 korgs for those 2015 gems.
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Ronildas said:

i expect at least 10 korgs for those 2015 gems.

Korg, Domino, Iron Man IW... all with "force of will"

This way its "fun and interactive"
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 ★★
    Woo hoo, original announcement was goofed! It is in fact the two 5* basics in the rewards, same as last time, one for completion one for exploration 👍

Looks like there are 2 5* crystals. Most likely just a typo in announcement.
  • And it begins! Remember everybody, Variant is going to be hard! Luckily, you're surrounded by Summoners that are very talented. If you have trouble, don't be afraid to come back here and ask questions. Chances are somebody here would be happy to help you find a solution.