**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Awakening - worthy or wait?

EndarkenedEndarkened Posts: 59
edited April 2019 in Strategy and Tips
Hi all

i have a 5* Generic Awakening Gem burning a hole in my pocket. Question is should I use it or wait for something special/else?

Currently have Cap IW at R4 and Hyperion and Ghost and R3

Any advice is appreciated

Comments

• ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Aa isn’t worth a generic imo. I have him at 5/65. But everyone else yes.

@Endarkened save it
  • EndarkenedEndarkened Posts: 59

Since it’s a generic awakening gem, i would say to wait for someone else
    I know that CapIW is better duped but he doesn’t NEED it....His utilities aren’t god level anyways.

People like OR, AA, Medusa, Void... those are def worth it

Thanks to be fair that's my thought too, but just wanted to check i wasn't be too cautious
  • MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    Some of your top 7 there are pretty sweet.... nice roster!
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Killmonger is great but he doesn't need awakened to be great either! One of few!
    It is a nice roster! Congrats!
    Somehow you dodged a bunch of the garbage i got!
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    CapIW and throw every sig stone you can get into him...at sig 200 he can do most fights in the game
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Even though my avatar is Cap IW... I love me some Hype! Maybe make the decision on how many sig stones you have in each class?

If you have more Cosmic, do Hype!

If you have more Science, do Cap!

I don't think you can go wrong from either, but I have Hype at R4 unduped and don't regret spending those resources. I am waiting for him to get duped to unlock ridiculous fury stacks and damage.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Hype only needs a few sig levels to be great.
    CapIW needs to be close to sig 200 to be at his best.
    edited April 2019
    Thanks guys, may have muddied the waters a bit as i just pulled this guy....

• Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    First off, awesome roster, that’s some pretty nice luck. Second, I would have said definitely CAIW and put a bunch of sig stones in, but now with the OR, definitely throw the gem on him.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I would say or and void are most worthy of a generic as they are rather useless without heir awaken ability
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★
    Omega or hype
    Thanks for your help guys, same thoughts as my own, but nice to have the confirmation!
  • Sai_7Sai_7 Posts: 246
    Omegaaaaaa Red!!!
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    You ever pull a cosmic gem use it on that duck. Also need to r4 him the dude is crazy.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★

Thanks for your help guys, same thoughts as my own, but nice to have the confirmation!

Where'd you get the generic gem?
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    The_Boss9 said:

im curious why youre so adamant on where they got it. theres been a handful of places to get one on top of fairly easy places as well. maybe he put time 100%ing act5
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Rafikii said:

The_Boss9 said:

im curious why youre so adamant on where they got it. theres been a handful of places to get one on top of fairly easy places as well. maybe he put time 100%ing act5
    Jesus I was just asking. Don’t have to get so pissed for no reason. Was just wondering because based off his roster he’d had more r4 if he’d done act 5.
  • JohnDoe89JohnDoe89 Posts: 70
    save it for someone who needs to be awakened to be good mate

ie Aegon

Cheers
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Rafikii said:

The_Boss9 said:

It does seem like a rather interesting question. You’d have to 100% Act 5, and if one was able to do that with mostly 5/50s and a 4/55 Cap, you’d think they’d hardly be in need of awakening gem advice. It’s a bit curious that’s all.

There’s around 9 1/2 T2A as well as a 3-4 rank up gem from Act 4&5. Not to mention two T5B.

Seems odd he only has one 4/55.
    Well, he’s not Elder’s Bane. I’m honestly just curious where the gem is from. I’m surely missing something.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Very few champs are worth a generic. Medusa, Archangel, Void, Omega Red, Blade, Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, Dr. Voodoo, Ghost, and Aegon are worth it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Very few champs are worth a generic. Medusa, Archangel, Void, Omega Red, Blade, Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, Dr. Voodoo, Ghost, and Aegon are worth it.

I think the criteria for using a 5* generic are:

1. The champion must be among the strongest champions in the game. Opinions differ on which these are.

2. The champion must be way better awakened than unawakened. Champions like Archangel, Void, Blade, and Omega Red fall into this category (but not everyone would agree they all fall in the first category).

3. You intend to use that champion RIGHT NOW to do content you either can't do, or would be too expensive to do, that will immediately improve your resource earning potential. For example, you're trying to become Uncollected, fully explore Act 5, become Cavalier, or you're gearing up for LoL. Or you're trying to improve your performance in war, and your alliance focuses (to some degree) on war. Or you spend more potions than you want in AQ, and you think awakening this champ will reduce your potion burn substantially (one of the reasons Blade gets awakened a lot, and a good reason to do so).

It is usually #3 that people don't consider as much as the first two. Never awaken something with a generic or even a class gem unless you plan on using that champ immediately. If you do it just because "they are worth it" but you have no use for the champ right now, then the almighty RNGesus is going to hand you a natural dup with a crystal and make you cry. If you awaken Blade or Omega Red and become Cavalier, and a month later you pull a natural dup, you can still be happy you got all the benefits of doing that content earlier than later. It is the natural dup after awakening before the champ even got out of the garage that tends to sting.
    DNA3000 said:

I think the criteria for using a 5* generic are:

1. The champion must be among the strongest champions in the game. Opinions differ on which these are.

2. The champion must be way better awakened than unawakened. Champions like Archangel, Void, Blade, and Omega Red fall into this category (but not everyone would agree they all fall in the first category).

3. You intend to use that champion RIGHT NOW to do content you either can't do, or would be too expensive to do, that will immediately improve your resource earning potential. For example, you're trying to become Uncollected, fully explore Act 5, become Cavalier, or you're gearing up for LoL. Or you're trying to improve your performance in war, and your alliance focuses (to some degree) on war. Or you spend more potions than you want in AQ, and you think awakening this champ will reduce your potion burn substantially (one of the reasons Blade gets awakened a lot, and a good reason to do so).

It is usually #3 that people don't consider as much as the first two. Never awaken something with a generic or even a class gem unless you plan on using that champ immediately. If you do it just because "they are worth it" but you have no use for the champ right now, then the almighty RNGesus is going to hand you a natural dup with a crystal and make you cry. If you awaken Blade or Omega Red and become Cavalier, and a month later you pull a natural dup, you can still be happy you got all the benefits of doing that content earlier than later. It is the natural dup after awakening before the champ even got out of the garage that tends to sting.
    This is solid advice. One of the best pieces of advice I’ve received in this game was from Brian Grant, who said never use resources unless you need to.

So, that’s what I try to do. For example, I HAD 4/55 unawakened Medusa and Hype for months. I now have a 3/45 unawakened Corvus too, but I digress. I’ve also had a 5* cosmic awakening gem since thanksgiving.

Why haven’t I used it on one of these champs that clearly deserve it? Two reasons.

1) Medusa is better for Variant ch.3 unawakened.
    2) I’ve never needed to.

The upside to this philosophy is that a week ago I naturally awakened my Hype. One down!

And I still have the gem.