**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bundle “Offers”

Why is it that UK players are charged £28.99 yet US players are charged $29.99? The pound to dollar rate should make the uk price £22.97 or the US price $37.82 if the prices were to be the same - why the discrepancy?

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Speaking of taxes....google doesnt charge taxes because you see i paid for other games and all were flat rate with no taxes added.

Whoever from kabam claims google is the one who charges taxes needs to clearly speak with google or idk admit you guys are the one who added taxes
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Drooped2 said:

Ady72 said:

Why is it that UK players are charged £28.99 yet US players are charged $29.99? The pound to dollar rate should make the uk price £22.97 or the US price $37.82 if the prices were to be the same - why the discrepancy?

Kabam doesnt set those.
    They set packs to usd.
    And apple and google do the exchanges.
    It.may be different taxes it might be some foreign surcharge they have to pay I'm not sure.

But yea kabams has no real pricing control for international markets

This gets asked a lot, because there's a misconception that app developers set *any* prices. They actually don't, not really. If the package is $29.99 US, then what Kabam actually did is set that in-app purchase to be "Tier 30." The Apple App Store then determines that US players in the US region pay "$29.99" while players in Great Britain pay 28.99 pounds. This all happens automatically, and it is all Apple (Google does something similar with the Google Play store) controlled because it is Apple that has to deal with the currency conversions, the cost of doing business in those areas, the impact of fluctuations, etc. The prices aren't just a reflection of the current currency conversion rate today, no different than any other thing you buy in any particular country costs the same amount everywhere just adjusted for currency conversion.

Want to know who's paying what everywhere in the world? I use this site: https://www.equinux.com/us/appdevelopers/pricematrix.html . The Apple docs are kind of a mess to keep track of. And it can get complicated, because there's the primary price chart, and then there's some special case ones that are used in certain other complicated circumstances. For example, try this on for size. A tier 30 in-app purchase is $29.99 and also 28.99 pounds. But a tier 60 in-app subscription is also $29.99 but only 27.49 pounds. Because ask Apple.

Speaking of taxes....google doesnt charge taxes because you see i paid for other games and all were flat rate with no taxes added.

Whoever from kabam claims google is the one who charges taxes needs to clearly speak with google or idk admit you guys are the one who added taxes

I'm less familiar with Google Play store policies than Apple's, but I do know that there's some complexity to Google Play. They collect some taxes directly, and defer others to the app developer. For example, in some states they collect sales tax. In the EU they collect VAT by law.

This is a bit vague, but here's Google's statement on tax collection: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2850368?hl=en
  • ..and also that the game-price of 29.99 in US is quoted without the tax (which Apple at least, not sure how Google does) will then add on the Sales Tax when your credit card is charged.

Whereas in many other countries, that game-stated charge already has the Tax amount calculated into what is quoted in game.
  • Ady72Ady72 Posts: 43
    Ok thanks, just seemed odd that the price in pounds sterling is effectively a quarter (near enough) more than the price in US dollars.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The game is set to U.S. Dollars, and doesn't include Taxes. The platforms adjust prices based on Taxes, Exchange Rates, and Duties, and that can vary depending on your area.
  • mike0179mike0179 Posts: 14
    Also varies state to state in the U.S. (taxes) I live in Oregon so I don't pay sales tax so I get the bundle at the stated price. But if I live about 20 minutes north in Washington state there would be a 6.5% sales tax on that bundle So it would come out to about $31.94 there.

The game is set to U.S. Dollars, and doesn't include Taxes. The platforms adjust prices based on Taxes, Exchange Rates, and Duties, and that can vary depending on your area.

For all we know, Kabam sets prices based on Canadian dollars. It is Apple that sets their tiers to obvious US dollar boundaries, but international developers would, of course, pick tiers based on their value in their own native currency.
  • burnso81burnso81 Posts: 11
    The cheaper bundle in canada is 39.99 and the cavalier one is 69.99
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

For all we know, Kabam sets prices based on Canadian dollars. It is Apple that sets their tiers to obvious US dollar boundaries, but international developers would, of course, pick tiers based on their value in their own native currency.
    Possible, I just remember the comment being made that it was in U.S. Currency. I believe you may be right, it could be Apple/Google that only deal in U.S.D.
  • Here’s an old Thread with Kabam response at end of it...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/339048/#Comment_339048