AI staying in Block mode? [Merged Threads]

IIBruticusIIIIBruticusII Posts: 13
edited April 10 in Bugs and Known Issues
I have not seen this in a thread yet;

Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• Yo i have the same video. I’ve been trying to add it here idk how to.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 186
    lies .. it's a loop! (not even a perfect loop either ... around 0:53 .. you can see the skip ... if you look careful, and slow it down ) ;)

seriously, you believed that? O.o

re: the video .. that is too funny ... hopefully the Collector does that for me when I get to him .. :) hehe

• ChenChen Posts: 99
    Had something similar happen to me in 6.1.5 against CB. Not sure if CB would have stayed blocking since bane killed me but going from 70% to 0% while CB just sat in the corner blocking is bad.
  • IIBruticusIIIIBruticusII Posts: 13
    Being ignored is such a great feeling !!
    It IS just like M.O.D.O.K.

:|
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 121
    Yes . But this potato counter attacks if u do a heavy . Lame
  • LormifLormif Posts: 989
    Chen said:

Had something similar happen to me in 6.1.5 against CB. Not sure if CB would have stayed blocking since bane killed me but going from 70% to 0% while CB just sat in the corner blocking is bad.

Attacking them in this usually breaks it.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 615

It's.. it's incredible
  • Hi all,

Could you be more specific about in which game mode you are seeing this behavior from MODOK?
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 406
    I've mentioned this in another thread also and noticed it multiple times after the last update in all game modes and against many AI champs. I have never had it last that long though.
  • Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Posts: 9
    This happens in UC quest path with kinetic. They will just sit an block an will not move.
  • Mechanized
    Organism
    Designed
    Only for
    Kicking back in his recliner and sipping some coffee
  • JakobitzJakobitz Posts: 39
    In general the AI is waaay more defensive now. I just fought the Uncollected 3.2 Vision and he would not bait out his L2. Normally it's easy to bait, but now he holds it until synthesis kicks in and goes L3 instead. All around, specials are tougher to bait, and AI holds block and evades back rather than engaging with the player.
  • IceSnowIceSnow Posts: 111

Hi all,

Could you be more specific about in which game mode you are seeing this behavior from MODOK?

Lol Its easy to find that it is Act 6 Modok 😳😳😳😳
    Near Regen And Far Degen 😉😉😉
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,516
    6.1.6 .. shock lane - Darkhawk.. he just stood there. I waited for him for 30 seconds to move. Even dropped my block and all but he kept in block mode until I decided to hit him with a heavy, then he continued.

iPhone 8..wifi ... I was using Ghost with hood and antman synergies.

P.S. the sentinel at the end is still bugged in his specials recovery time. 10 days and counting.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 140
    I've had this happen twice as well, now I bring Quake.
    Anyone noticing the AI being super defensive? Some of them act like sentinel's do in AQ. Have had several members talk about IMIW at less than 15% (power gain), just evade back into the corner and sit till sp3. Much harder to bait specials, lots more champs doing the block dance to try to bait you forward. The bugs or changes are costing a lot of items and resources.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 254
    Yeah the AI has been changed to be more defensive now. Made the brute force lane lots of fun on last level of uncollected EQ. Lots of threads about it. No official comments. And certainly nothing from the moderators. Good luck with that
  • Yep...pretty annoying on 5.1.6 where you start degenerating when you haven't hit them for a while. hitting their block seems to wake them up a bit
    Try on 6.1.5 on crossbones. So defensive and won't throw specials so hard to keep damage up with his regen and also transferring bane is extremely difficult. This patch really hurt act 6 completion with Sentinel bugged and defensive AI.
  • Dwhalen8554Dwhalen8554 Posts: 53
    Yes! I have noticed this so much. Fixing things that were never broken. I enjoyed the way the AI used to interact. Now I find myself watching the AI just stand there most fights. I have to hit into their block just to get a reaction. And that is just sometimes they react
  • FjolnirFjolnir Posts: 218
    edited April 10
    I just had the same problem with darkhawk in 3.2 of this months uncollected event. No video but mid fight he just stopped moving and was holding im the block position until I attacked. He did nothing for 50-60 seconds until I attacked.

Pretty sure this has been reported here this month but I’m not here to search the forums for repeat issues.

iPhone 6s
    WiFi
    No boosts
    iOS 12.2
    Mcoc latest version
  • FjolnirFjolnir Posts: 218
    Dtl7714 said:

Yeah the AI has been changed to be more defensive now. Made the brute force lane lots of fun on last level of uncollected EQ. Lots of threads about it. No official comments. And certainly nothing from the moderators. Good luck with that

What me and the OP are taking about isn’t just the AI being defensive, the enemy doesn’t move, won’t move at all and doesn’t release from the block position. This is likely a bug and not intended
  • Starlord27Starlord27 Posts: 23
    To save you time, Bounty mission, Epic, IPhone X.

What’s going on? AI has been acting stupid and a lot different for ages now, it’s not fixed is it...

Like this haha?
    Like that somewhat?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 4,626
    So... Why not heavy attack in the first place instead of the back and forth? I'd love to have a non agressive defender.

So... Why not heavy attack in the first place instead of the back and forth? I'd love to have a non agressive defender.

Cause most of the time you wont get away with a heavy attack on harder difficulties without getting hit.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 1,901
    Next time this happens try hitting into their block. Should trick them into attacking
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,457
    I'd have just hit him
    Hitting into block to isnt as effective anymore either. The developers thought it would be cute to adjust the AI so that sometimes the game goes stupidly over defensive.