**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GodMan114GodMan114 Posts: 44
    I've had this happen also.
    Haven't had this happen to me in nearly 2 years (when I first started, which was probably my fault).
    But if that happens nowadays, it's not due to inexperience... this time, I know for a fact the AI is faulty.

This is pretty messed up. It's costing so many people items...
    Why is it that the bugs that favor the player are prioritized over the ones that cost us $$??
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Happened to me except they just started a combo instead of launching a special
  • webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192

you know when an AI is attacking into your block you can do the same thing i guess it's only fair lol

Since when?
    well i've been doing that for awhile now
    You can not activate a special while holding block, so I doubt it.
    well let go of your block then activate it, you gotta be really quick
    You can just about barely pull it off if they do one of those slow combos, no way you’d pull it off if the AI attacked into your block at the speed in those videos
    i will make a video
    @Nojokejaym where's the video showing this skill of yours?
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    Happened to me in war today. Not fun.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    edited April 2019

you know when an AI is attacking into your block you can do the same thing i guess it's only fair lol

Since when?
    well i've been doing that for awhile now
    You can not activate a special while holding block, so I doubt it.
    well let go of your block then activate it, you gotta be really quick
    You can just about barely pull it off if they do one of those slow combos, no way you’d pull it off if the AI attacked into your block at the speed in those videos
    i will make a video
    Dude, where is your video ?? how many times you try ?? lol... give us...
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    even if you get the defender in a corner and you hit him a few times Dash back then forward for the intercept, it's like time frames cut out and you can't pull it off anymore. So it's no good with magic when you power lock the enemy in the corner because they're able to break right through your intercept now
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I really hope this get fix soon I was fighting korg in war and out of no where he hit me with his sp1 and I was wondering how if I'm hitting into his block I sure can't pull that off
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Hi all,

Thank you for the videos. We'll pass them along for review and let you know what we find out.

Put very simply, you’ve made changes to AI with the 21.0 update that have had negative effects across the game (this and backdraft/corner intercepts among others) and whatever change you did make should be reverted, partially because of all the isssues, partially because it was unnecessary.
    And I’d love to be proven wrong about it being a change in AI behaviour, it’s just awfully convenient how a lot of problems all stem from AI opponents pulling off stuff that they didn’t before, or things that we, as players cannot do.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I posted about his in another thread in early march, I had this happen during the Captain Marvel challenge.

It was ignored.
  • Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Posts: 73
    This happens against medusa a lot. Try to keep her back while her fury buffs are up an hit into her block , an she will throw a special
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It really sucks for Omega and Masacre
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I'm really curious if it happens the other way ?

has anyone fought AGAINST a Masacre ? and tried to special after his 2nd attack?
    (not that I'm supporting this .. just my debug hat is on ... ;) trying to isolate what the problem is, if it's champ specific, etc.)
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    So what's the word on this? Just lost my Red Hulk on the poison path Masacre in phase three of map 6 because he hit an SP1 on me while I was hitting his block. Two days in a row now. Is this going to be fixed? Will we be compensated of items we have to use in AQ/AW/Quest as a result of this bug?
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★

Don’t forget about ÆGON
  • Taz0911Taz0911 Posts: 114
    All of a sudden now when I attack into a block they throw their special. Never did that before and was not expecting that at all. You would think if that was a change then it should have been told to the community.
  • Akkarin23Akkarin23 Posts: 98
    I have the same question.
  • Search the other posts, plenty of commentary about this new bug.
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    after every update I notice game play change, takes a few days to adjust.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I'd just like opponents to stop holding block for half the fight. Makes using void or quake the best option with the highly defensive opponents I'm seeing since the update prior to this one
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    DJSergy said:

Don’t forget about ÆGON
    Also sentinel
  • Thanos_CarThanos_Car Posts: 298
    edited April 2019
    When you are hitting into the opponents block, sometimes, with the new update, the ai will automatically throw a special attack if they have enough power, and leave you defenseless because you are hitting into their block when they throw it.

I was doing my last runs of 5.4 when this happened, i do not have any video evidence as of yet, but really that shouldnt matter. Especially when using champs that benefit from hitting into blocks, like corvus and darkhawk, who i was using both at the time, this bug can really mess you up, and cause you to use much more revives than you would normally need.

The fight where this happened was against a kingpin in 5.4.6 but ive had it happen in a few other fights aswell.

Please fix this asap, thanks in advance.

(If this was actually a planned AI improvement and not an actual bug, then that really is just extremely stupid and really ruins the fight and the game as a whole.)
  • FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 148
    Still happening

I mean We can’t launch a sp1 or sp2 against the computer when blocking....so why can computer do it against us
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Is the AI having free reign to do whatever they want during a block part of the new meta?
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Same problem here whatever the defender we are figthing !
    Ronan 6 stars destroyed me in a mission prime by doing its SP1 while hitting his guard

All this bugs (non punishable champions after their SP, SP in the middle of our attack, AI reacting strangely fast in comparison with the earlier version ...) make the upper tiers of the game (GA tiers 5 +, QA 5+, QE uncollected, Act 6, Variant) begin to cost us a lot of reanimation, energy, healing and make this game really frustrating
  • Ace_QuillAce_Quill Posts: 57
    As someone who uses omega red I am getting sick of this bug
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Ace_Quill said:

As someone who uses omega red I am getting sick of this bug

Yeah, it's pissing me off with my Masacre.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Unfortunately I did not get a video but while fighting debuff immune Medusa with corvus in aw I hit into her block and she threw her sp2 mid block
  • JohnDoe89JohnDoe89 Posts: 70
    edited April 2019
    yeah my 5* Carnage doesn't even knock down the defender after finishing his SP1 sometimes allowing me to get raked for no reason
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Throwing specials, jumping out of heavies (capt marvel scissor kick). Not sure how you evade that after getting hit by the first two. And I’m noticing a lot more lag especially when dominating a fight.

RNG I guess.
This discussion has been closed.