**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Enough for the long script.

I'm so tired of reading pages of script when new characters came out. Even now when I got incinerate in the middle of a fight with the Torch for no reason, you know, just revive or try the quest again.
Maybe sometimes Kabam can create a hype in the community by releasing a complicated champ but It's been a year now that all new character have super long ability. I remember when IMIW came out a year ago, I was pretty exciting, spending days reading his script to remember the tricks. We all know winning or losing is in a split of a second, so remembering the script of new champs is quite important, but now It seems too overwhelming to me.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Unfortunately, for players like yourself, more intricate and complex mechanics is how a game like this adds novelty and layered gameplay. This isn't something you can ask them to save for special occasions, or try out for a while and then stop. This is the arrow of time for this game. It isn't going to stop or reverse. You have to roll with it, or decide it is not your cup of tea.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    But maybe this is how obscure champs can become relevant in the game. OG champs are good because they are simple. Obscure champs can only be good if you line things up for their skillset. The issue being that players are getting good at aligning the stars so these obscure champs become OP and render the original champs less effective.

Playing all champs with the same basic mechanics of parry, 5-hit combo, repeat and without synergies yields fairly consistent results (see arena grinding). There really isn't any champ that stands out in a one-off, unbuffed fight against a similarly ranked opponent.

But I also do agree with the OP, these descriptions are getting unnecessarily complex. It's gone from simply fighting two champs, to jumping on one foot while rubbing your belly and tapping your head, up to doing blindfolded differential equations in your head while playing Flight of the Bumblebee on the flute...

"If you cannot explain something simply, you do not understand the concept yourself." - Unknown.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Most champs seem way more complicated than they really are, once you learn them. A lot of the reason for the long script is to try to make champs decent defenders and attackers at the same time. I like that trend
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165
    2 complicated champs are released a month. And here I am opening a trash 5* a month...... Seems like I'm getting left behind more and more every month.
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165
    For the most part the champs are kinda basic to kill except for korg and The Thing. Torch is bs because not one champ is immune to his incinerate.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

For the most part the champs are kinda basic to kill except for korg and The Thing. Torch is bs because not one champ is immune to his incinerate.

I don't know about 'immune' exactly, but I've been having a lot of luck using red Hulk.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

U got ghost? Whenever he incinerates her dash back and phase and they turn into furies. Also bleed champs when they bleed him keep his temp down which in turn keeps him from incinerating you.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Don't use mystic champs against him. At all. Regardless of the disadvantage they have, they get him from 0-red hot very fast.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    when there are so many good MCOC youtubers (e.g. Unofficial Kabam Mike) making vid on champ breakdown, champ description is not the only source to understand the champ
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

when there are so many good MCOC youtubers (e.g. Unofficial Kabam Mike) making vid on champ breakdown, champ description is not the only source to understand the champ

But that's the crux of it: there are a ton of youtubers needed to create the videos showing how to do it. If the champs weren't so complex, we wouldn't need all those sources.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Reference said:

But that's the crux of it: there are a ton of youtubers needed to create the videos showing how to do it. If the champs weren't so complex, we wouldn't need all those sources.
    I got your point but sadly I guess Kabam would continue to make champ as complicated as possible, so as to make the fight "more interesting" for endgamers and attract whales to buy it.

In fact whenever I encountered a new champ at UC level nowadays I was thinking it maybe extremely tough if I quit the game for few months and return, the game now force you to understand thoroughly the new champ before you fight and you can't just rely on your skill without knowing the champ's abilities.

Some ppl are good at text reading and some are good at image/video viewing, I'm the later one and thus I always count on those champ breakdown videos which saves a lot of my resources/time.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    The videos do help...they are complicated anymore. That does not bother me so much as how specific they have become with the synergies, only synergizing one other champ rather than the entire squad or team. This is particularly troubling when you are "required" to spead your ranking efforts to champs you may have left sit...i prefer the simpler synergies that boost the entire group.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    I prefer the new intricate abilities and synergies. Adds fun and challenge.
  • NanosamaNanosama Posts: 55

Captain IW with a skill champion on the team and a high level signature ability nullifies incinerate as long as you have a kinetic charge.
    The high block proficiency also helps.