**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #2: Mystery in the Microrealm

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

How do you guys deal with the buffet korg in 1.2?

Sentinel. 2/2 for soloing him.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    benshb said:

Omega also works, but you can only use heavy attacks and specials so it's a bit slow.
  • I hope this is better rewards than Ultron’s Assault.
  • RonildasRonildas Posts: 63
    edited April 2019
    Attention Summoners. This is an easy quest. Just parry and heavy all the way.

Post edited by Kabam Miike on
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    xNig said:

benshb said:

Domino Heavy spam here, it's not the most effective, but it works.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    xNig said:

benshb said:

Didn’t think of Sentinel. Used my r5 Thing with the Champion synergy, worked like a charm :D
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

benshb said:

Dorm

What's the level of your dorm?
    5* R4; sig 120
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Nabz034 said:

It should be 2016 champs this time around...I still have all three of my 2015 R4 rank gems, two mystic and 1 cosmic and without SW, DS, Gamora and Thor not even eligible, it’s not even worth using them on someone else. I’d rather save the gold and ISO....

@Kabam Miike think you can talk to the game team about making it 2016 gems? Almost all of the 2015 champs are still old and most have maybe 5 sentences total in there abilities while the new champs have 5-10 paragraphs.

It’s like giving someone a chance to win a car (2015 R4 Gem) that barely works and won’t help you get from point A to B (Questing) Why would I even put gas in it? (Gold/ISO)

And now the prize is to get three more?

They created variant with “gates” to get people to diversify roasters and use champs they would not normally use. By creating the gems they also force people to rank up champs that they do not consider worthy. So far I’ve ranked Magik, Ronan, LC with the first three and am sitting on another mystic that I’m not sure about yet.
    edited April 2019
    Werewrym said:

I’m starting to dislike the fact that we absolutely need a Ghulk to complete Variant 100%... There’s a difference between having roster depth, and having Ghulk.

I didn’t actually use Gulk much. I mainly relied on Rulk Venom and Sentinel. Added heimdall in for the free cheat death.

Quite a few times I almost died, the synergy saved me, and I managed to regen them sometimes. Rulk with sp2, venom with sp1 and sentinel with sp3 (I tend to sp3 once first to get the armor up just in case I need to regen him).
    xNig said:

Werewrym said:

I’m starting to dislike the fact that we absolutely need a Ghulk to complete Variant 100%... There’s a difference between having roster depth, and having Ghulk.

I didn’t actually use Gulk much. I mainly relied on Rulk Venom and Sentinel. Added heimdall in for the free cheat death.

Quite a few times I almost died, the synergy saved me, and I managed to regen them sometimes. Rulk with sp2, venom with sp1 and sentinel with sp3 (I tend to sp3 once first to get the armor up just in case I need to regen him).
    Yeah I might have spoken a bit too soon. I’ve done a once through and honestly it’s not that hard. I’ve been using my r4 Venom r3 Sentinel, and r3 Rulk. I maybe should throw in heimdall for that revive. I think I can probably 100% this one with very minimal item usage.

We’re there any really difficult paths for you in the 2nd and 3rd chapter? I’m basically 100% on the first chapter.
    Werewrym said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

Yeah I might have spoken a bit too soon. I’ve done a once through and honestly it’s not that hard. I’ve been using my r4 Venom r3 Sentinel, and r3 Rulk. I maybe should throw in heimdall for that revive. I think I can probably 100% this one with very minimal item usage.

We’re there any really difficult paths for you in the 2nd and 3rd chapter? I’m basically 100% on the first chapter.
    Not that I can recall. It was more of feeling fatigue fighting YJ cause he has a big health pool and you’re not hitting too hard (except for the final chapter where Venom really shines).

I think all in all I spent about 300 units for the entire Exploration, that’s with a relatively small stash as I explored 6.1 1-2 weeks back. So it’s pretty much doable and quite roster dependent (My full team was R4 or 6*s).

One thing you can take advantage of in the final quest is Venom’s Heavy buff reset. Each heavy removes one buff and you gain one. But with Supernova, instead of gaining one buff, you gain two. I was able to stack 14 furies with sp2 on top of another 4-6 buffs consistently with him.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Werewrym said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

One thing you can take advantage of in the final quest is Venom’s Heavy buff reset. Each heavy removes one buff and you gain one. But with Supernova, instead of gaining one buff, you gain two. I was able to stack 14 furies with sp2 on top of another 4-6 buffs consistently with him.
    This is a fantastic tip that I would not have thought of on my own, thanks.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Werewrym said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

Not that I can recall. It was more of feeling fatigue fighting YJ cause he has a big health pool and you’re not hitting too hard (except for the final chapter where Venom really shines).

I think all in all I spent about 300 units for the entire Exploration, that’s with a relatively small stash as I explored 6.1 1-2 weeks back. So it’s pretty much doable and quite roster dependent (My full team was R4 or 6*s).

Thx for this tips more questions do you use sucide ikow ther is a good wher I’m not can take him down without somone like omega red ect.
    Haven’t cler the evade adopted yet.
    edited April 2019
    Gamer said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

Thx for this tips more questions do you use sucide ikow ther is a good wher I’m not can take him down without somone like omega red ect.
    No. I dislike running suicides so I’m strictly off suicides unless I’m going for a legends run.

The Science Adaptoid is irritating. Generally it’s the old school OG Spidey fight without having a BW. What I did was to,

1. Never end my combo. It was always MLLL.
    2. Try to reach him with as full a team as possible.
    3. I grinded him down with 4 champs by playing carefully to about 20-30%, then used Venom to clear up since I have True Strike when he’s below 15%.

One thing I found useful was to bring Gulk with the Indestructible synergy. Since it’s a long immune timer, I could make the most out of whatever life I had left by going HAM to deal more damage (hence using fewer revives). Heimdall synergy also helped but that’s one less champ to burn through to grind him down.

I would say that fight was irritating but it’s really a test of skill to fight an evade champ without True strike or Ability accuracy reduction.
    xNig said:

Werewrym said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

Thanks for the info! I actually noticed the heavy attack buff duplication thing when I first fought him, it’s quite useful... He went down real quick.
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    edited April 2019
    When using Dormammu’s heavy in 2.2, the indestructible and unstoppable buffs are randomly either all procing like they should, or just one or the other. Has anyone else experienced that? Isn’t the ability accuracy supposed to be 100% for that? Tested on a few different defenders. @Kabam Miike

Also it was definitely after the cool down timer. Just very inconsistent on whether both buffs would proc or just unstoppable or just indestructible.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    I'm only seeing defenders take poison damage with KG's sp3 regen. I do not see any damage ticking when he enters his passive regen phase even though the debuff shows.
    Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

Gamer said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

No. I dislike running suicides so I’m strictly off suicides unless I’m going for a legends run.

The Science Adaptoid is irritating. Generally it’s the old school OG Spidey fight without having a BW. What I did was to,

3. I grinded him down with 4 champs by playing carefully to about 20-30%, then used Venom to clear up since I have True Strike when he’s below 15%.

One thing I found useful was to bring Gulk with the Indestructible synergy. Since it’s a long immune timer, I could make the most out of whatever life I had left by going HAM to deal more damage (hence using fewer revives). Heimdall synergy also helped but that’s one less champ to burn through to grind him down.

I would say that fight was irritating but it’s really a test of skill to fight an evade champ without True strike or Ability accuracy reduction.

I used to take Spidey bosses in AW with Hyperion sp1 spam .. is that do-able in this case or his AI more aggressive to punish Hyperion? Spidey doesn't punish you as long as he is not pinned to the wall.
    Generally you don’t wanna risk getting hit too much. He crits at about 10-14k so one full combo to the face isn’t really fun. You could try but the chance of him evading the multi-hit heavy/sp1 from Hyp is pretty high.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    The game needs a new UX design, all these different permanent quests mixed in with temporary content is becoming a mess
    Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

Gamer said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

I used to take Spidey bosses in AW with Hyperion sp1 spam .. is that do-able in this case or his AI more aggressive to punish Hyperion? Spidey doesn't punish you as long as he is not pinned to the wall.
    I used Hype L1 Spam to take him down when I went for initial clear, it's one of those when it works it works lovely and when it doesn't you're screwed. The first time I did it he evaded the first hit both times I used it and of course the second time he killed me right after the SP1 animation ended. The second time I fought him I got much more lucky and he only evaded one Sp1 but was too far away to punish me. You don't want to push him to the wall or let him push you to the wall when you use SP1 or he will punish you if he evades it.
    Oof. This aggression regen path in 2.3 is no joke. Modok is a really fun counter though.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    All the negativity about these rewards. It's like everyone is forgetting that this one is just a lot of fun to play.

Kudos to KABAM for making a fun and doable challenge (I used mostly 4* I hardly ever use) that makes unappealing champs interesting!

And I get the points about the rankup gems. Maybe more 2015 champs will be released later.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    The longer term players have more options to tackle this variant.
    xNig said:

Werewrym said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

Great advice.

btw, I'm jealous of all you Venom owners..
    peasant said:

The longer term players have more options to tackle this variant.

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

Great advice.

btw, I'm jealous of all you Venom owners..
    That’s why we are “longer term players” and have already cleared whatever the game has offered. Didn’t get here by chance. 😊