**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who to rank for Act 6, duped Old Man Logan or unduped iceman?

I know what your thinking, I must be braindead to ask a question like this. I am asking because I have a 6* Sabretooth, and his synergy with OLM would basically allow him to regen around half his life per minute (did the math, I'm right), but I'm not sure if iceman would be a better option due to his triple immunity. Anyone who's done Act 6 have any insights as to who would be more useful?

Who to rank for Act 6, duped Old Man Logan or unduped iceman? 29 votes

Old Man Logan- Duped
24%
The_ChumpFoxhero007ZzzMilesHolmwoodJohnDoe89RebarkSlimeball 7 votes
Iceman- Unduped
75%
DNA3000VoluntarisHort4Dexman1349zuffyRikuremaJohnyzeroAhitlawPizzabeatTheLegend27Eugene_Virtuososhadow_lurker22Carnicador_22PrylankFhfjghhggggjfhfjgItsDamienX_Factor_AgentLoctiteSuperGlueTheLegendzPlay-sixate- 22 votes

Comments

• TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Iceman- Unduped

I know what your thinking, I must be braindead to ask a question like this.

You should be a professional psychic
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Iceman- Unduped
    I used my Iceman a ton on act 6 and will continue to as I continue to fully explore it. Forget about OML.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Iceman- Unduped
    Iceman is the go-to for that Biohazard XBones in 6.1.4.

It's damn near impossible to out-regen the bleed damage on that fight.

If you need OML only for the synergy and don't intend on using him, there's no reason to rank him.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★

Iceman is the go-to for that Biohazard XBones in 6.1.4.

It's damn near impossible to out-regen the bleed damage on that fight.

@Dexman1349 OLM reduces bleed time by 85% though
    edited April 2019
    Iceman- Unduped
    OML might work, but that's a ton of resources to rank up a champ on a "maybe". Plus, one poison and his regen goes into the bin.
    @Dexman1349 I was only considering OLM because of his regen. Iceman is going to be great for immunities, but I already have a 4/55 Ultron and was planning on bringing my Sentinel to 3/45 soon as well (need gold). So OLM would be more of a walking punching bag who would just keep kicking. Are there a lot of nodes that affect regen rate by reversing it or heal block?
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    I have a 5/65 Sabretooth and my OML is going to stay at level one forever. Unless they buff him crazy but I doubt that
    Iceman- Unduped
    Admittedly, I've only done one pass of Act 6 and have purged it from memory. I can't help much on nodes across act 6, but I can tell you that 3/45 champs are grossly underpowered for most of it.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    6.1.5 crossbones has biohazard.

Iceman is the way to go. OML will get poisoned
    @X_Factor_Agent my math is not wrong. I tested it out in arena and it worked pretty well. 1 hit= about 1-2 seconds 120% increased regen

@X_Factor_Agent my math is not wrong. I tested it out in arena and it worked pretty well. 1 hit= about 1-2 seconds 120% increased regen

1 hit does not even begin to cover a second. 1 hit per second would be slow asf
    @X_Factor_Agent I just tested it in arena (again...). 1 hit= 3 ticks, which is 1.5 seconds of 120% increased regen rate
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Iceman- Unduped

I know what your thinking, I must be braindead to ask a question like this. I am asking because I have a 6* Sabretooth, and his synergy with OLM would basically allow him to regen around half his life per minute (did the math, I'm right), but I'm not sure if iceman would be a better option due to his triple immunity. Anyone who's done Act 6 have any insights as to who would be more useful?

I wouldn't. First off, unless you're ranking him up with resources that are easy to come by, you want to be ranking things that will have maximum utility in Act 6 (if that's why you're ranking in the first place) and OML doesn't have a lot of utility specific to Act 6. As to his synergized healing, first off even at its max it isn't a lot, but more importantly the synergy only works when OML is attacking, so you won't be getting that healing constantly. If you're playing very aggressively you could be getting it a lot, but any time you spend baiting specials or blocking or anything else besides attacking you will be getting your normal healing. So across an entire fight, the actual amount of healing you will get is likely to be a lot lower than what you've calculated.

I'd test this out before you decide. Just make a team with Sabretooth and OML in it, and then enter one of the bounty missions and take on an epic fight just so you can experience the actual amount of relative healing you'd be getting. If you think it is great, maybe. But I suspect you'll discover it is not a much as you were hoping for in actual combat.
    @DNA3000 I tested it out in arena with a r1 OLM. I did the math and calculated everything out. OLM's regular regen grants 22.9% health back per minute. For math's sake, at a constant regen increase of 120% of this amount would allow OLM to regen 50.38% life back per minute. But considering how that is impossible due to having to dodge back to evade specials and trying to bait, I would estimate that for an actual fight the regen per minute would be around 35% (best guess).

That's not a bad regen amount in my opinion

It's a bad rank up decision. Regen or not.

@X_Factor_Agent possibly, but that's why I'm on here asking. I already have a 4/55 Ultron and plan on bringing Sentinel to 3/45 soon (need gold), so I should be good on BioHazard nodes, unless they come with that other node that trades poison for shock against robot champs.
    Iceman- Unduped

@DNA3000 I tested it out in arena with a r1 OLM. I did the math and calculated everything out. OLM's regular regen grants 22.9% health back per minute. For math's sake, at a constant regen increase of 120% of this amount would allow OLM to regen 50.38% life back per minute. But considering how that is impossible due to having to dodge back to evade specials and trying to bait, I would estimate that for an actual fight the regen per minute would be around 35% (best guess).

That's not a bad regen amount in my opinion

I don't think an arena fight is a good qualitative test. You have to test regen carefully because regeneration is a non-proportional damage mitigation effect. Without getting too deep in theoretical weeds, your regen is constant regardless of how much damage you're taking, whereas for something like armor or resistance the damage you mitigate is proportional to the damage you take. You can look at a slow fight and extrapolate up to a fast fight with proportional damage mitigation, but not constant healing. With constant healing the value of that healing will be higher the less damage you take, and lower the more damage you take, within certain limits. Consider: if you heal damage back faster than you take it, you're effectively immortal. That's infinite value. If you're in a fight where one shot kills you, healing is worthless. Everything else is in the middle.

To stress test this for a situation closer to what you might experience in Act 6, I'd suggest harder fights where the potential incoming damage is higher and faster. That's why I suggested using the bounty missions. You can test a lot of different fights very quickly without expending a significant amount of energy.
    @DNA3000 fair assessment. Ill do a bounty run in a little bit and see what the result is. But provided that the regen actually holds up for OLM, should I still go with Iceman instead of OLM, or would OLM be the better choice for an act 6 champ? I expect to take a lot more hits while blocking in act 6 than getting hit directly
    Iceman- Unduped

@DNA3000 fair assessment. Ill do a bounty run in a little bit and see what the result is. But provided that the regen actually holds up for OLM, should I still go with Iceman instead of OLM, or would OLM be the better choice for an act 6 champ? I expect to take a lot more hits while blocking in act 6 than getting hit directly

Personally, I got a lot of mileage with Iceman, so I'm biased in that direction. Granted I needed boosts to overcome the regen, but my 4/55 Iceman took out Mr. Annoying Crossbones. Worth it for that fight alone. I don't think OML has the damage to do that, and I'm not certain he'd survive the fight either.
    DNA3000 said:

Personally, I got a lot of mileage with Iceman, so I'm biased in that direction. Granted I needed boosts to overcome the regen, but my 4/55 Iceman took out Mr. Annoying Crossbones. Worth it for that fight alone. I don't think OML has the damage to do that, and I'm not certain he'd survive the fight either.
    You might be biased but it doesn’t change the fact that you’re 100% correct. There’s a reason Iceman is considered a very good champion and OML is 🗑
    Smash said:

DNA3000 said:

You might be biased but it doesn’t change the fact that you’re 100% correct. There’s a reason Iceman is considered a very good champion and OML is 🗑
    @Smash the only reason OML is considered a trash champ is because of his extremely low regen rate. The sabretooth synergy has more than doubled his regen rate when hitting champs though, so he is able to become much more viable again. There is not doubt among anyone that iceman is one bad@!$ champ, just looking to see what everyone thinks. It seems that there are not a lot of people who have ranked OML due to the fact that he is regarded as garbage. I may rank him simply to see whether or not he has some viability, especially with the sabretooth synergy

Smash said:

DNA3000 said:

@Smash the only reason OML is considered a trash champ is because of his extremely low regen rate. The sabretooth synergy has more than doubled his regen rate when hitting champs though, so he is able to become much more viable again. There is not doubt among anyone that iceman is one bad@!$ champ, just looking to see what everyone thinks. It seems that there are not a lot of people who have ranked OML due to the fact that he is regarded as garbage. I may rank him simply to see whether or not he has some viability, especially with the sabretooth synergy
    I’m sorry but that is not the only reason. As a major fanatic of Sabretooth I tried very hard to make OML work since they have a synergy together but he’s just not worth it trust me. As someone doing tier 2 wars I feel like I should stress the fact not to r4 OML for your own good since T2As are not that common. If you had said you like OML and enjoy playing with him I’d say hell ya do it. But you’re saying you wanna rank him for act 6 and I’m telling you, you shouldn’t. But of course that’s my opinion and you can do what you want. Just giving my honest opinion that’s it.
    @Smash I am in no way considering OML for a r4, just wanted to know of his viability when paired with sabretooth for act 6. I have heard a lot of feedback from you guys, so I will probably heed everyones advice and go with taking iceman to r3 and probably r4 for act 6 purposes

@Smash I am in no way considering OML for a r4, just wanted to know of his viability when paired with sabretooth for act 6. I have heard a lot of feedback from you guys, so I will probably heed everyones advice and go with taking iceman to r3 and probably r4 for act 6 purposes

On the other hand if you somehow pair a dupped Omega Red with Sabretooth.....oh boy that’s fireworks lol