**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Don't Count Me Out

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Personally, I think there are many Champs that are underrated and overlooked. We've had similar Posts asking who we though was underrated, but I thought I would expand to try and open some possibilities for people. Feel free to share your experiences in using Champs that people most commonly overlook, and how they perform, as well as what they've helped you with. There's always something overlooked. :)

Comments

• SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    beat rol wolverine with dr strange back in the day even after his nerf, used og thor to solo uncollected infinity war thanos, loki to 100% act 5 final boss to name a few
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Loki is definitely on that list for me. I use him in AQ still. He can sustain on stealable Regen.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    Way too many champs to mention...

Way too many champs to mention...

Give it a go. ;)
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Hamin can post about his new Groot lol. I like Sym Spidey. I took him to 4/55 awhile ago for diversity and he's not a bad champ. His armor breaks last functionally forever and his SP2 is devastating after he stacks a few armor breaks. I like Psylocke although she's only R2 and I only use her in arena. She's on my fight #10 team before I bring out the ranked champs to finish off Kang's team. I enjoy fighting with Beast but I only use him in arena. Pretty much destroying content with Domino atm so not really using underrated champs lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I like using Red Skull but he isn't underrated. That boy needs a buff.

@Hamin can post about his new Groot lol. I like Sym Spidey. I took him to 4/55 awhile ago for diversity and he's not a bad champ. His armor breaks last functionally forever and his SP2 is devastating after he stacks a few armor breaks. I like Psylocke although she's only R2 and I only use her in arena. She's on my fight #10 team before I bring out the ranked champs to finish off Kang's team. I enjoy fighting with Beast but I only use him in arena. Pretty much destroying content with Domino atm so not really using underrated champs lol

I agree with both of those. Sym's L2 is still one of the best in the game, and Psylocke is great for Power Control.

I like using Red Skull but he isn't underrated. That boy needs a buff.

If he's high enough, he can do some mean Damage with his Block.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★

Give it a go. ;)

Ok, I will.

From Mutants class: Psylocke (already mentioned), Cable are the ones that don't get ranked up a lot. Both extremely useful and with good skill set.

From Skill class: Nighthrasher is perhaps the most fun champ to play in the game, good skill set, excellent synergies (he makes GR even better - imagine that!). Thor Rags is having a bad name due to people's high expectations,but if you pair him with the right team he can be amazing. Of course both are helped considerably when duped.

From Tech class: Definitely Green Goblin, candidate for best SP2 in the game, power controller, damage dealer. Vulture once duped does great damage and can take the heat (literally), great synergies with Sparky, incineration only by dashing back.

From Cosmic class: this is an already stacked class with great champs, so Venom gets overlooked, even post buff. Literally, he was the once that took my account to the next level.

From Mystic class: Guillotine, The Hood

From Science class: definitely MODOK does not get the recognition he deserves. He is extremely easy to play. The guy can end fights with a couple of heavies!

And I am sure there are more...
    I definitely agree with all of those. Especially Guillotine, and MODOK. She's been a go-to of mine since release, and as for MODOK, people overlook his Healing Reversal with the L1.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

Absolutely agreed on Sym Spidey: I used a 4* 3/30 against AQ-Kang > heavy, stack armour breaks, sp2 > bye Kang. Same went for Act 4 Maestro with the regen active.

I'm still a fan of Crossbones: stack a couple of furies and no more annoying evades from og spidey, nightcrawler and medusa can kiss her living strands goodbye :smile:
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

I am Groot.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Wasp imo most just rank her up for the synergy with Ghost. I ranked her up without ghost.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Slimeball said:

beat rol wolverine with dr strange back in the day even after his nerf, used og thor to solo uncollected infinity war thanos, loki to 100% act 5 final boss to name a few

Ugh. Same. 4/40 DS. That was a fun 40 minutes.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Civil Warrior
    Got him as a 5*. Currently ranking him up and test driving, but am happy so far.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Possibly Masacre, my 4/40 carried me through a lot of fights I didn't expect to win on my way to becoming Uncollected. He's actually seriously underrated I feel.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Massacre is awesome. I only have a 3 star, but I ranked him up to use for arena.
    Great damage and actually fun to play.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Nebula

1. Biohazard immune
    2. Converts shock debuffs Into charges 3 times a fight
    3. Good vs robots with some electro shock charges
    4. Really nice L2 damage , capable of inflicting up to 40 shock debuffs
    5. Has a chance to regen

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I’m a huge fan of Hawkeye. People trash him way too much. Good health, great power control, outstanding bleed.

I know people like rogue but don’t talk about her much. She was my first 5/65 and. L regrets to this day. Shrug off ability, power control, basically unlimited health and power steal.
  • BananaGrantBananaGrant Posts: 95
    edited April 2019

Kamala Khan gets overlooked with her Poison Immunity and crazy damage. L3 to get the permanent Fury, then use an L2 and you get 15-20k damage. Extremely fun to play. I can't wait to 4/55 mine
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Mordo. Regen, high power gain, basically stun immune, can block unblockable specials, and huge damage especially against buffs. Ive done 13k heavies and 6k mediums with him, as well as a soul barb doing 3k damage per tick. Plus, hes super fun. Often overlooked because of his high skill curve
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Morningstar was my main war attacker for like 3 seasons in tier 1 master bracket. Before ghost came along, she was IMO the single best AW attacker in the game.
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
    TASKMASTER. That dude is sick. Amazing damage potential, possible debuff immunity, ability accuracy reduction, direxlct damage. With synergies, can even evade or be unblockable.

TASKMASTER. That dude is sick. Amazing damage potential, possible debuff immunity, ability accuracy reduction, direxlct damage. With synergies, can even evade or be unblockable.

I literally thought of him after I started this Thread.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★

I’m a huge fan of Hawkeye. People trash him way too much. Good health, great power control, outstanding bleed.

I know people like rogue but don’t talk about her much. She was my first 5/65 and. L regrets to this day. Shrug off ability, power control, basically unlimited health and power steal.

I love my Hawkeye
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Agent Venom I think is underrated. He has great damage duped awesome bleed and can shrug off debuffs.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

Agent Venom I think is underrated. He has great damage duped awesome bleed and can shrug off debuffs.

I run suicides as much as possible, and was pleasantly surprised the first time I ran Agent Venom with them. I can’t say I’ve ever used him in a impactful way, but I’ve always thought he was cool, and I think he was one of the first few 4* I ever grinded out in arena.
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    Raganator said:

Slimeball said:

Ugh. Same. 4/40 DS. That was a fun 40 minutes.
    sp3 brother, sp3