**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champs automatically blocking mid combo in AQ and AW [Under Investigation]

MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
This last day 5, map 5 AQ my champs started auto blocking against opponents frequently during battle. Lost champs due to broken gameplay. Debuff immune path in the 2nd section and I was using Wolverine/King Groot/Howard. It happened to Wolverine against the first science symbioid he would start automatically blocking in the middle of me doing a combo, consequently I died. Finished that opponent with King Groot who appeared to be working correctly. Next opponent was a debuff immune skill symbioid, I used KG. same thing started happening with him. Mid combo and he starts automatically blocking. I back dash, dash in and start comboing the opponent and he sporadically starts blocking... What is going on?!

My KG sustains a lot of damage but I make it through. He seems to work correctly against debuff immune AV.

Get to GwenPool and again he starts with the auto blocking. I die.

I use Howard against debuff immune CB and he works correctly. Use Howard against Psylocke in the 3rd section and he auto blocks a few times in the round and also does medium, medium attack a few times when I am clearly pressing M,L,L,L,M.

Shifting over to AW... I just used Howard against a Dormammu on left sub boss and the auto blocking issue was worse than ever. After 2 successful combos Howard just started blocking and wouldn't stop. I back dash and he starts blocking, I dash in and he starts blocking. Dorm obviously just smashes me with a combo. I survive 1 combo sequence, but it doesn't matter because I can't attack due to Howard deciding to block instead.

Furthermore, Howard frequently has gameplay problems against Dormammu in AQ. He often does M,M when I'm clearly pressing M,L,L,L,M. This has been an issue for a while. And I know it's not me because this never happens with other champs, nor does it happen in arena or story/event questing.

Please address these issues, it is incredibly frustrating and makes the game unplayable.

My phone screen is clean and I know it's not me because the auto blocking only happens in AQ and now AW.

-iPhone 6s Plus version 10.3.2
-Howard, Wolverine, King Groot (So far)
-Science Symbioid, Skill Symbioid, GwenPool (All on debuff immune path in section 2 of Map 5 on day 5) Psylocke in 3rd section of map 5 day 5, and Dormammu AQ boss as well as left sub in AW.
-AQ and AW
-Wi-Fi so far. No it was not switching between cellular and Wi-Fi during the fight.
-MCOC version 13.1.1
-There were no connectivity issues

@Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike

Please help,
Marcus Unread
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    Any MODs see this yet?

Thanks
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey again. Thanks for the detailed info! I'll take this one to the team as well.
    @Kabam Wolf

Thanks for the timely response, the community certainly appreciates the effort. Keep me posted.
  • Myxkidz77Myxkidz77 Posts: 78
    That's exactly what my iPhone 6+ was doing as well only in alliance war and alliance quests. I reported it and they told me it was my phone and to delete and reload my app. Which seems to be the answer I always get.
    Hey @MarcusUnread. Would you be able to provide a video of this issue as it happens? Thanks!
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    I play on tab 3 I have to keep cleaning screen just in case it's the screen that makes me block and I'm still confused as it is because I use to play on an android phone that never done this so I'm in same spot of my champs having blocked even in quest it happens if it is long fights anyway and when the champ auto blocks it will never unblock so hard to get hits or evade hits when they come at u
    @Kabam Wolf I play on an iPhone and the only reliable screen recorder is hooking my phone to my Mac and using QuickTime, which is fine as I've made videos before. But this issue is sporadic, it has only happened once more since I made this post originally (It was in story quest this time). I would would essentially have to have my phone hooked to my computer and record every fight in anticipation of this "auto block" issue, which isn't feasible. I will try to get a vid at some point, but realistically it would have to wait until iOS 11 drops way later this year, which will include a native screen recording app. Hopefully this issue sorts itself out by then.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    that happened to me when I played with sweaty hands not a bug lol
    edited July 2017
    @MarcusUnread sorry for the delay on this one. Are you using left or right handed swipes/taps when this happens?
  • icu812icu812 Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    Right hand right side going M,L,L,L,M AND M,L,L,L,L, . In thr AW today was the last occurrence
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    @MarcusUnread sorry for the delay on this one. Are you using left or right handed swipes/taps when this happens?

@Kabam Wolf Swipe with the left hand, tap attack with the right.

"...Furthermore, Howard frequently has gameplay problems against Dormammu in AQ. He often does M,M when I'm clearly pressing M,L,L,L,M. This has been an issue for a while. And I know it's not me because this never happens with other champs, nor does it happen in arena or story/event questing..."

Also this "M,M" issue happened a few times to me today in AW against the boss. We were fighting a Juggs boss with MD. I was using a 5/50 GwenPool, a 5/50 Falcon, and a 4/40 OG Vision. I was clearly doing MLLLM combos and maybe half the time MM came out, cost me 2 champs. If you finish a combo with a Medium attack against a blocking opponent, you're open and you get punished. Needless to say a war boss Juggs kills you immediately when that happens.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    happens with BP too against skill sym and against abomb in tier 1...this bug can't wait a month for the next update.
    Hey guys. Can anyone possibly provide a video of this? We still haven't been able to reproduce this on our end.
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    edited July 2017
    Are you joking Kabam Wolf, this has been a known issue for 2 months now. How can you possibly not reproduce blocking mid combo? It has been happening with the heroes who kick against hardest ai for a long time now regardless of device. You can also block opponents who kick mid combo. How on earth did your team not see this during the spiderman challenge? I'm in disbelief that you aren't responding with ... We know... FIx in progress. Unbelievable that this could remain in the game milking players for 2 months and not have highest priority. How long does it take to "Gather Information."?

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/5720/the-a-i-recovery-is-getting-worse-every-day-gathering-information#latest
  • furymachine84furymachine84 Posts: 80
    This has been an issue since January or February!
  • BeerDragoonBeerDragoon Posts: 54
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey guys. Can anyone possibly provide a video of this? We still haven't been able to reproduce this on our end.

Dude seriously? This has been an issue for months. We keep getting promised that you guys are going to fix it but it keeps getting worse.

I don't know how we can prove it to you guys at this point. A video won't show how early people are pressing the block button after a combo on their devices and STILL getting hit by the AI.
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    edited July 2017
    There was video evidence, but you banned the user from the forums due to him getting increasingly frustrated at the lack of response
    @Fireatwill @furymachine84 @BeerDragoon @Draenath you all are thinking of a different issue, where AI is able to block while in the middle of being hit a by a player combo. @MarcusUnread is talking about his champions randomly blocking while he is already in the middle of attacking with a combo. We are still working on the issue you're talking about. The issue Marcus is reporting is something we haven't yet been able to reproduce.

@MarcusUnread are you still experiencing this issue?
  • furymachine84furymachine84 Posts: 80
    No, I was just listing more on top of that issue.