**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New AI is pretty toxic

Seems that they play very passive, even in uncollected and act 6. Holding and letting go of block constantly , not seeing huge difference when i put taunt on them in regards to special attacks, what gives?

Comments

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Stop taunting them, didn’t your mother teach you that you catch more bears with honey... or something like that
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    How is that behavior toxic? If anything, they’re more pacifist.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    To be fair, I call it nasty, but that just means I don't like it. Lol.
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★

To be fair, I call it nasty, but that just means I don't like it. Lol.

same thing
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    Its annoying. Its like fighting the AI in Master mode.
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★

Its annoying. Its like fighting the AI in Master mode.

pretty much
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Very not fun. A fight might take me 2 minutes because the special usage is more erratic than arena.

I had taint up for a record continual amount of time (like 20 seconds) waiting for a special 2. Never came. I died the second he got to his sp3. Smh
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    You know dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in ‘Nam of course.
  • DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    Slight modifications in AI equals more unit spending on potions and revives. Changes are made for profits....easy money.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    From my post in Bugs & Issues:

Does anyone else notice the AI seems to have crazy high intelligence ever since the last update? I really noticed it in Variant Mystery in the Microrealms when fighting the 2.1 boss. I was really struggling to get this boss down and tried everything the only thing I could think of was AA heavy spam but my AA died on the way and seeing as how he's a 3/45 I was taking too much block damage with the 40% revives to get a neurotoxin applied so I restared the quest and brought Corvus, Proxima, Domino and Rhulk, I saved AA solely for the boss so he could be at full health and thus give me a much higher chance of getting a Nuero applied but when I tried to fight him, the boss would NOT throw a heavy until my HP was below 50% due to block damage.

I also tried with Proxima and my first mission was Incapacitate, after I got the first heavy to make contact, I noticed again the defender wouldn't throw a heavy until my True Strike had ended. Did Kabam increase the AI's intelligence?
  • Chacha888Chacha888 Posts: 44
    I don't know. I kinda like it when AI evolves and learns from players pattern. NO fun beating a mundane AI. Would you not wait out NPC's truestrike when you are using a evade champion? Would you not change the frequency of attack if AI is parrying you every time? What's wrong with AI having high intelligence? I rather fight against a smart AI than those unavoidable damage BS nodes.

Observe, learn, adapt... It's not what you are used to does not mean it's unbeatable.
    Chacha888 said:

I don't know. I kinda like it when AI evolves and learns from players pattern. NO fun beating a mundane AI. Would you not wait out NPC's truestrike when you are using a evade champion? Would you not change the frequency of attack if AI is parrying you every time? What's wrong with AI having high intelligence? I rather fight against a smart AI than those unavoidable damage BS nodes.

Observe, learn, adapt... It's not what you are used to does not mean it's unbeatable.

The problem is you know they will add unavoidable damage BS nodes TO these new intelligent AI and we as players will be screwed.
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    Slimeball said:

Seems that they play very passive, even in uncollected and act 6. Holding and letting go of block constantly , not seeing huge difference when i put taunt on them in regards to special attacks, what gives?

i noticed the same thing with them being much more passive.

what pisses me off most with the new update is after doing a sp3 when the animation ends, sometimes my champs dash forward and attack on their own . i wish they would fix that!

Slimeball said:

what pisses me off most with the new update is after doing a sp3 when the animation ends, sometimes my champs dash forward and attack on their own . i wish they would fix that!
    Do NOT touch block during your SP3 animation, this is what causes that. I have been using Hype a lot with the Variant 2 release, and ever since I stopped holding block during his SP3 animation it has gone away.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    I enjoy how it is dangerous to hit into block now - you can see the AI reacting and trying to counter you... sometimes they do
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340

Slimeball said:

Do NOT touch block during your SP3 animation, this is what causes that. I have been using Hype a lot with the Variant 2 release, and ever since I stopped holding block during his SP3 animation it has gone away.
    thanks, i will try that.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Slimeball said:

I'd be happy if the dropped Combos were fixed. I've been losing the 5th Hit often, and half the time it'll drop and release a Heavy. :/
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Ye I’ve noticed it with red skull on brute force one of the worst fights out there just blocked for like a minute straight
    RogerRabs said:

Hey all,

Just a note: This was not an intended change to the AI. We are working on a fix for this for the next update.

Why was new content released when you knew the AI was broken? And do you have any plans to rectify this? Or is the player base SOL like usual?
    Working on a fix = plans to rectify.

C'mon man read.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

RogerRabs said:

Hey all,

Just a note: This was not an intended change to the AI. We are working on a fix for this for the next update.

Why was new content released when you knew the AI was broken? And do you have any plans to rectify this? Or is the player base SOL like usual?
    Working on a fix = plans to rectify.

C'mon man read.
    ^^^ definitely got a point. Can’t blast the moderators when they actually respond that they’re fixing it. Sucks it’s for the next update but better than nothing, and better that they acknowledged it. I myself don’t mind the aggression from the AI, the only thing I hate is having to bait specials for 30 seconds lol.

The lags and connection issues sucks though.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I enjoy how it is dangerous to hit into block now - you can see the AI reacting and trying to counter you... sometimes they do

Actually, I've been seeing the opposite. When I'm hitting into block, sometimes the AI twitches out of block and in effect I break right through the block. I was pretty sure when I started seeing that happen that the change couldn't have been intentional.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Fought a MODOK AW boss today. Can fight him in my sleep, but now he kept Block breaking me.

Then of course I get frozen in Block while really dexing SP1. Super annoying.

Also, I hit his Red shield twice (always do) but he evaded out and I was tapping fast! Then he gets stuck in a Block, I dash in and break his block on hit 2. Didn't realize this frozen behaviour until fight 3, then I oneshot him. But the bugs caught me off guard and got me killed twice.
This discussion has been closed.