**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Focussing on 3 stars

DonnymeijDonnymeij Posts: 846 ★★★
Hi everyone,

I have been taking a step back in the game. Joined an ally in which I do not need more r4 5* or even r5 my first (got 4 right now, ghost, venom, rulk and corvus). I can do uncollected every month if I want.
I was thinking about taking another step back. And just do some 3 star arena for some units. And for fun.
Getting new 3 stars, and ranking all my 3 stars up instead of maxing my 4 stars and 5 stars.
This way I can also play with a larger variety of champs.
Since I only play 1,5 hours a day on android just doing the 3 star arena together with the higher level ones is no option.
Has anyone else done this? And did you enjoy it. Since you can rank up your 3 stars more frequently.
Or did the experience disappoint?

Comments

• Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Very smart idea actually
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Donnymeij said:

Hi everyone,

I have been taking a step back in the game. Joined an ally in which I do not need more r4 5* or even r5 my first (got 4 right now, ghost, venom, rulk and corvus). I can do uncollected every month if I want.
    I was thinking about taking another step back. And just do some 3 star arena for some units. And for fun.
    Getting new 3 stars, and ranking all my 3 stars up instead of maxing my 4 stars and 5 stars.
    This way I can also play with a larger variety of champs.
    Since I only play 1,5 hours a day on android just doing the 3 star arena together with the higher level ones is no option.
    Has anyone else done this? And did you enjoy it. Since you can rank up your 3 stars more frequently.
    Or did the experience disappoint?

Well, technically speaking there was a time long ago when i did this - when I couldn't do anything else with my roster. It was a perfectly acceptable stepping stone to eventually doing more, but there's no reason not to downshift and just do that if it works for you.

If you do want to downshift, I can offer a suggestion. Instead of focusing on the 3* arena exclusively, perhaps it would be even better if you went after the easiest milestones you can achieve across all the arena events. Milestones generate units, and this would be a potentially good way to slowly farm a lot of units over time in a free to play mode. Depending on your roster and the time you have, you could look at figuring out the best way to spread your effort out to maximize your unit earning potential.

But if you just want to concentrate on building up the 3* roster, if that's fun for you, do that. If you can figure out a way to have fun playing the game without spending more time or money than you want to, that's basically winning.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    I did just that last year and it really took less than month to rank up and max all 3stars I wanted, in amount of "that's even more than I'm gonna ever need for arena" and yeah it was totally worth it. I'm doing all 5 arenas and always going for all milestones in first 3 for units and battlechips so having good characters leveled really helps. I also have maxed every single 2star and 1star for summoner trials, they are good and cheap points for level up too