**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Medusa Armor Shatter against IMIW

I suggest to change the description of Medusa, disallowing Iron Man IW to stack passive Armor Ups when Armor Shattered is active.
This is not a suggestion driven only by the logic (why a character with armor shattered should activate armor up?!); since Medusa is the only character able to shatter the armor, this modification will be coherent with the class advantage.
It’s far from MCoC logic to have a tech champion who negates a cosmic champion to activate it’s main ability.
I know that the last point can be argued with the exaple of Magneto (who negates most of the tech champions to activate their abilities even if he suffers class disadvantage), but at least in the Magneto case there is a logic behind it.
What happens with Medusa against IMIW is against both the common logic and the MCoC logic.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Common logic isn't applied here or in this game, in general. While characters are created with some inspiration of both fictional and real life logic, it doesn't fully use any of those.

What happens here is intended. The description is clear on both character's abilities, and is just a matter for the player to understand how it works.
    Change your playstyle. Don't apply an armor shattered debuff. Use medium attacks to apply armor break debuffs, and he will barely get any armor in the fight.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★

Common logic isn't applied here or in this game, in general. While characters are created with some inspiration of both fictional and real life logic, it doesn't fully use any of those.

What happens here is intended. The description is clear on both character's abilities, and is just a matter for the player to understand how it works.
    Change your playstyle. Don't apply an armor shattered debuff. Use medium attacks to apply armor break debuffs, and he will barely get any armor in the fight.

Of course I change my playstyle when I face IMIW with Medusa due to it, and I know it is intendend. What you’re saying it’s obvious.
    I wrote the post as a suggestion about a change, not as a bug report. I am not complaining. It is a suggestion to improve the game.

I know that logic in the game is different from the common logic, but in my opinion what happens about Medusa’s armor shattered against IMIW is against the game’s logic itself.

I don’t want the game to be easier. I don’t struggle to defeat IMIW. I just wanted to suggest a change.
    You need to think about all other scenarios, not just this one.
    IW IM is not the only champion in the game that triggers passive armor's. Passive armor's exist in the game almost since the very beginning of it, either applied in champion abilities or nodes. These armor's were created in order to give additional and different interactions, with nodes and abilities.

Changing her ability now would destroy some of the scenarios where passive armor's are supposed to be dominant, and scenarios where Medusa itself wasn't intended to counter. Additionally, it would be a buff to a character that really doesn't need to be stronger than it is currently.

I remember seing an answer from the MOD's saying she is only intended to counter armor up buffs. They did in fact think about armor up effects, which would include armor up buffs and passive armor's. But their decision was to only include armor up buffs, in order to balance the game (like I stated above, to not destroy some scenarios/interactions).
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

From the spotlight, the armor passives are meant to be removable by applying an armor break, surely an armor shatter will totally disable that? This is clearly an oversight, especially because armor shatter is an ability exclusive to Medusa.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

You need to think about all other scenarios, not just this one.
    IW IM is not the only champion in the game that triggers passive armor's. Passive armor's exist in the game almost since the very beginning of it, either applied in champion abilities or nodes. These armor's were created in order to give additional and different interactions, with nodes and abilities.

Changing her ability now would destroy some of the scenarios where passive armor's are supposed to be dominant, and scenarios where Medusa itself wasn't intended to counter. Additionally, it would be a buff to a character that really doesn't need to be stronger than it is currently.

I remember seing an answer from the MOD's saying she is only intended to counter armor up buffs. They did in fact think about armor up effects, which would include armor up buffs and passive armor's. But their decision was to only include armor up buffs, in order to balance the game (like I stated above, to not destroy some scenarios/interactions).

They don't need to change Medusa, they only need to change IMIW. One sentence needs to be added: "Armor shatter will disable the activation of armor passives for its duration".

From the spotlight, the armor passives are meant to be removable by applying an armor break, surely an armor shatter will totally disable that? This is clearly an oversight, especially because armor shatter is an ability exclusive to Medusa.
    Not really.
    Armor break debuffs, in general, remove armor up buffs. They don't interact with passive armor's, and so these aren't removed by armor break debuffs.
    But in IW IM text, and Killmonger as well, both of their passive armor's are removed when an armor break debuff is applied. This only happens because that's an ability they both have. An example of the opposite happening is, "agression:armor" node. An armor break won't remove a passive armor from this one, because it isn't meant to interact with it.
    So again, in the case of Medusa's armor shattered ability, is only meant to interact with armor up buffs, and not all armor up effects. IW IM was designed with this in mind