**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champion Improvement Suggestions [edited by Mod for clarity]

Comments

• Hanigan53Hanigan53 Posts: 11
    WHO
    Diablo

WHY
    When i first heard that diablo would be in the game i was really excited because i really like him and doctor domm and anyone who is associated with the fantastic four, but when diablo came out i was really disappointed and so were other people i want to make diablo better

PASSIVE
    Diablo is an expert alchemist so when he ends a combo with a light attack, swipes back and blocks for 1.4 seconds he drinks a strength potion giving him fury and cruelty for 9 seconds

If diablo ends a combo with a medium attack and swipe back and hold for 1.4 seconds he drinks an armor potion giving him armor up and physical resistance of 40% for 9 seconds.

If diablo drinks the same potion while he has the same effect then the time is refreshed(for example if he drank a strength potion and then drinks another strength potion the time is refreshed)

If he drank two different potions the effects are removed.

While diablo is drinking a potion he is invincible

SP1
    Diablo throws a potion at the opponent giving him/her a weak ess debuff for 12 seconds and diablo drinks a regeneration potion regenerating 10% of his max health over 10 seconds

SP2
    Diablo throws a potion at the opponent giving a poison debuff that does 835 over 4 seconds and puts the opponent in sleep state for 10 seconds(in sleep state the opponent is 10% slower than diablo and they have weakness they can evade or autoblock and they have armor break.

The big whirlwind stuns the opponent for 2 seconds

SP3
    Diablo drinks 2 potions giving two of these effects
    •Fury-15 sec
    •Stun immunity-12 sec
    •Unblocable- 15 sec
    •Invicibility-10 sec
    •SuperArmor(its 2 times stronger than normal armor up)-15 sec
    •Power gain-10 sec
    •Regeneration(15% of max health)-10 sec
    •True Strike-18 sec
    •Triple immunities(give immunity to bleed,incinerate and coldsnap-18 sec
    •Invisibility-15 sec

The lightning strikes have 30% chance to shockthe opponent MAX 3

55% chance to stun the opponent

BASE STATS 4* rank 5 lvl 50 sig 99
    HEALTH-14,453
    ATTACK-1,096
    PI-4,976

SIGNATURE ABILITY-master alchemist
    When diablo activates a potion effect he has a 20% chance to inflict a poison debuff on the opponent dealing 1,550 over 6 seconds

SYNERGIES
    With no soul-Ghost rider
    Ghost rider-the regeneration on ghost riders heavy is 35% stronger
    Diablo-Any potion effect lasts a second longer

Soul eater-mephisto
    Mephisto-mephisto's soul charges max is now 7 not 6
    Diablo-diablo starts with a strength potion

feedback is welcome
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Cyaen said:

I have a suggestion for a simple enhancement to Green Goblin. I recently pulled a GG from the 6* crystal and was a little underwhelmed. His graphics are a true work of art, but his damage output is really meh. Give him an attack bonus for each madness and cunning charge. The madder or more cunning he gets, the stronger he gets! The charges usually don’t rack up that much since they have a timer, so it would function as a passive fury. This way he gets a nice damage boost and it would work towards all his abilities, without making him overpowered. He would be fun to play because now managing those charges become even more important. Please make this small adjustment for the GG-lovers out there. Wait...that came out wrong. For all the Goblin enthousiasts!

@Cyaen

"Add Diablo to a team with Green Goblin to activate the 'Madcap Experimentalists' synergy bonus where Diablo gets to recover 1 Lifestitch after winning 1 Fight and Green Goblin gets +1% Attack per Cunning / Madness charge."

"Adding Green Goblin with Spider-Man Champions activates the 'Seething Hatred' synergy bonus where Green Goblin gets an extra +15% Pumpkin Bomb damage for each Cunning and Madness charge and Spider-Man (Symbiote) along with other Spider-Man Champions generate 15% more Power with each Crital Hit."

"Add Venom to a team with Green Goblin to activate the 'Arachnid Hunters' synergy bonus where Venom gets +1 Max Genetic Memory Buff cap and Green Goblin gets +1% Attack for each Madness & Cunning charge."

No idea if the Venom and Diablo synergies stack, though. I guess they do as they are entirely separate.

Check out for more synergies here: https://www.marvelsynergy.com/champions/green-goblin

Have fun with your Green Goblin!
  • Savage_Savage_ Posts: 64
    This needs to happen. Phoenix should be immune to incinerate and reverse controls because she is a very strong telepath.
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    I think a small improvement that could maybe be added to Yellowjacket, could be like a heavy attack or something that gives the opponent a zap that gives power sting.
    Name of the Champion you would like to be changed

Green Goblin

Which features or abilities about them don't you like at the moment and why

It is entirely coincidental that this rework suggestion gets posted after my short exchange with @Cyaen. I've been thinking about this for some time ever since I decided to take a look at my 4* Green Goblin.

Anyway, there is a reason why Green Goblin is not a top champion. But first we must ask ourselves: what makes a top champion? Why do we prefer to use some champions above others? Well, there are numerous reasons but it boils down to: usability.

Green Goblin lacks usability. On paper he looks like a well-designed champion. But once you take him into the field, he's easily out-competed by lots of other champions. He has two core mechanics: his Cunning/Madness charges and his bag of tricks.

He gets Madness charges by being attacked (10% chance). Luckily, you can get a guaranteed charge when you parry, so you've some control. Disadvantage: it requires a passive fighting style, taking hits instead of dealing them. Great if you place as defender, but bad as attacker. Now, the effect is purely defensive so if you're quite skilled it won't effect you as an attacker, it is more of a fail-safe if you screw-up a parry so you can regenerate 60% of the damage done.

Cunning on the other hand requires GG to get a bar of power. This is will take some time to get but its duration is luckily double of Madness. However, this makes him very susceptible to power control champions. If the defender is able to impair this, GG is useless. Cunning luckily gives you some advantage over the opponent by reducing power gain,but that effect is not reliable.

However, it is the interplay between the two that makes him unfeasible. Depending on the amount of charges you've, determines which effect is active (more or equal of X gives effect of X). This makes him a bit volatile to play. That's something I really don't like for a champion.

Regular play-style is parry - 5-hit combo and repeat, with in between room to bait specials. You'll get Madness more often than the Cunning, which risks activating the defensive effects of Madness more than the offensive effects of Cunning. The only way to avoid that is not to parry, which is really so vital part of the game that it is simply not an option. 'Yeah but git gud', no, intercepting is a highly dangerous tactic and no champion should be only good to the daring and skilful. Even so, the rewards are not that great (only increased special attack damage).

The best thing is to keep both equal, which takes a lot of timing and effort. You would need to time it all so perfectly, it would divert your attention away from countering the opponent. Every time you'll need to check the amount of charges, determine which charge will expire next, remembering all the effects of it while keeping an eye on the movements and effects of the opponent. You do not want to play with such champion.

As the balance of the charges determine the effects and not the amount themselves, it doesn't really reward getting more charges. There are two unique synergies that does increase attack rating per charge but it is not that much of a game changer. You might can stack up three charges in each category, that will only amount to an extra 6-12% attack rating. It is not the same magnitude as the WS-KM synergy. Anyway, it does give you the full effect if you've only one charge but yeah, that only makes him even more volatile.

A short comment: Madness charges which heal have an orange background while cunning which deals increased damage is green. I find this confusing as green is the colour of regen and yellow/orange of increased damage. Switch the two.

Shortly said: I want to be in control of the champion, not the champion being in control of me. I understand that the mechanics are based on his psychic mood like in the comics, but it is too penalising.

I'm going to be short on the bag of tricks mechanic. The power drain is low and unreliable. Weakness is nice but limited utility. Afterburner chance on heavy is just a joke. His sp2 is okay. He really needs his sig ability at high sig lvl to be viable.

His base crit attributes are also low and his attack rating is only medium, so he does rely on his Cunning mechanic to hit really high.

How exactly would you change them and why would you make the said changes, try to be specific

Every Madness charge grants 20% regen and 10% reduced special attack damage. Every Cunning charge grants 15% reduced power gain and +10% extra special attack damage. This makes the mechanic much less volatile.

Make Cunning charges be gained when GG strikes (10% chance like for Madness) and increase this chance by +90% for critical hits. Reduce the duration from 20 seconds to 10 seconds. His crit rating is low enough to warrant a 100% chance to gain Cunning.

Raise the power drained to 10% and increase its chance to 75%. If I watch correctly, the first hit of the sp1 is some kind of green fume, followed by the four power-draining laser blasts and then ended with a pumpkin bomb. That first hit should inflict a power lock that pauses for the duration of the attack and then after the pumpkin bomb lasts 5 seconds. That should be enough time for a five hit combo with no power gain. That should make him a real power control champion.

Increase the chance to inflict afterburner on heavy attacks from 20% to 80%.

Specify that the poison of the sp2 also reduces regeneration by 30% like other poisons.

Glider attacks (first medium attack, heavy attack and the first attacks of the SP2) are True Accuracy and cannot be evaded or auto-blockled. This is a cool counter to the Spiderverse champions as well as some mutant champions who can evade like Nightcrawler and Domino.

To increase the utility, add some new bag of tricks effects. These effects are based on the balance of the Madness/Cunning charges.

When more or equal Madness charges:
    - the pumpkin bomb of the sp1 has 90% chance to inflict Concussion, reducing Ability Accuracy by 80% for 12 seconds. Concussed opponents cannot reverse control.
    - the pumpkin bomb of the sp2 has 85% chance to inflict Petrify, reducing the Potency of Power Gain and Regeneration effects by 120% for 12 seconds. This is added to the reduced healing by the poison debuff.

When more or equal Cunning charges:
    - the pumpkin bomb of the sp1 has 90% chance to inflict Armor Break, reducing armor rating by the same amount as Rocket Raccoon's SP2 for 12 seconds.
    - the pumpkin bomb of the sp2 has 85% chance to inflict a new debuff called Delirium (some pumpkin bombs contain hallucinogenic drugs but to keep it for 18- I would refer to it as causing a delirium), reducing critical resistance, critical hit rating and critical damage rating by a certain amount for 12 seconds.

The super bomb can activate both effects, equally depending on the balance of charges. It stays true to the original design while making the core mechanics less volatile and it adds some extra utility to Green Goblin. Heal & power reversal on the sp2, some AAR and a way to get rid off Emma Frost's diamond form with the sp1. It rewards those with skill as well.

Lastly, I would suggest to increase the critical damage rating of Green Goblin to be one of the highest in the game, but keep his current below-average critical hit rating.

The unique synergy of Venom and Diablo could get a boost, giving 2% instead of 1% attack rating per charge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you like this champion improvement? Then also check out my others:

M.O.D.O.K.
    Mephisto
    Sentinel
    Iron Man (Infinity War)
    Red Hulk
    Angela
    Mordo
    Ronan the Accuser
    Dormammu
    Storm
    Taskmaster
    Colossus
    Juggernaut
    Kingpin
    Abomination
    Yellowjacket
    Morningstar

Feedback is always welcome!
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    Proxima Midnight
    Dash back and hold to cycle mission to next one
    Also - isn’t she Large? She’s like 9 feet tall in the movie!
  • Saya terus beli crystal premium dapet ny cuman *2 terus,, saya mohon kasih saya *4 akun saya Abah Dago
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Punisher 2099

Punisher 2099 is a fairly common go-to villain for Event Quests featuring the cabal; so he should be capable of putting up a better fight than he currently does (without being too overpowered), without needing to be completely boosted up by nodes.
    Also, let's be honest: for a 'Control-Denial' villain, P2099 isn't actually very good at denying anything (other than regeneration) until he gets to his SP3 and/or overdrive; after which he finally inflicts reasonably reduced defensive power gain.
    I think he needs better versatility to prevent his opponents overwhelming him; including a bit more power control. This would make him more fun to play with, and more effective as a defending villain.

Here's a re-work suggestion; no change in animations required:

Health 14,900
    Attack 1,154

Signature ability:
    Punisher starts the match with an additional 15% Battery charge.
    Overdrive drains the battery up to 30% more slowly.
    When the opponent reaches max power, drain 40% battery charge to drain up to 20%* of their power, and Power Lock them for up to fifteen* seconds.
    *Scales with Sig level
    Punishers Sig ability now lasts a bit longer and is more effective at protecting him from Special-3 attacks; whilst also improving his offensive capacities in Overdrive.

Nano-Tech: Charging

Punisher's technology depends on a Nano-Tech Battery, which begins the fight with 25% of its max charge.

If Punisher blocks an Energy based attack, he gains 4% Battery charge.

Every 5 seconds, the Battery triggers a recharge:
    If the opponent has 0 Buffs, the Battery recharges 6%
    If the opponent has 1 Buff, the Battery recharges 4%
    If the opponent has 2 or more Buffs, the Battery recharges 3%

Nano-Tech: Automatic Effects

Opponent activates a Regeneration Buff – 20% of the Battery is drained to infect the opponent with nano-inhibitors and Heal Block them for 8 seconds. This Debuff automatically reapplies itself if a Regeneration Buff is still active when it expires.
    Punisher 2099 drops below 10% Health – the Battery is drained entirely, allowing Punisher 2099 to Regenerate 41.2 Health for each percent drained, over 10 seconds.
    Punisher 2099 lands a Heavy Attack – If Punisher has at least 20% Battery charge, drain 15% charge to boost the impact, granting +500 to Critical Rating and Damage; and inflicting Stun for 1.5 seconds.

Blocking:

Punisher's high-tech Force Shield absorbs projected energy, as previously noted. Additionally, when blocking, Punisher gains +800 Energy resistance; and the potent forcefield technology reduces the opponent's offensive ability accuracy by 75%%.
    These improvements come at a cost: holding block for prolonged periods drains battery charge; at a rate of 1% per two seconds.

Nano-Tech: Overdrive

When the Battery hits 100%, it immediately goes into Overdrive and continually drains. It also cannot recharge until it is drained entirely and switches back to recharge mode.

While in Overdrive: Punisher 2099 gains 17.31 additional Attack Rating for each remaining percent in the Battery and his attacks cause his opponent to gain 90% less Power
    So it's easier to charge, by blocking energy attacks; but as payoff, holding that forcefield up will slowly drain battery charge. Punisher's regeneration is slightly improved, as is the enhancement to his Heavy attack.

Special-1:
    This rapid-fire attack has partial auto-targetting; and reduces Evade chances by 60%
    If this attack hits, it reverses all defensive power gain for the duration of the attack.
    Switch to overdrive for 6 seconds, gaining 16% battery charge
    Essentially, this means that if the attack hits (isn't blocked), the opponent loses whatever power they would have gained whilst being hit. This makes a useful minor power drain effect in normal combat, and the effect really ramps up if the opponent is on a Power Gain node.

Special-2:
    Full auto-targeting drains 5% battery charge, and prevents this attack from being Evaded.
    The energy blasts drain 10% battery to inflict a Slow debuff (-100% Abilities Accuracy on activating Evade and Unstoppable effects) for ten seconds.
    The grenade launcher inflicts an armour break (-1500) for ten seconds. If at least 30% battery remains, a further 10% is drained to double the duration of both debuffs.
    Surely it's time for a technological solution to the current Unstoppable meta? Punisher's energy blasts provide a Control: Denial solution to this, and those pesky Evade champions.

Special-3:
    50% of the Battery is drained to Disintegrate the opponent, dealing 2308 Direct Damage over twelve seconds and reducing their Power Gain Rate by 90%.
    Not much need to change this - I've just slightly stretched out the effect for more Power Control.

--------------------

Civil Warrior

I actually like CW graphics-wise. He looks good, he moves good, but that swagger is not linked to his game performance. He isn't great in anything. Yeah, he has Armor Up effects, but there are other champions who do much better. Yeah, he has power drain but there are also champions who are better at that. He heal blocks, but it is a hassle (first heavy-attack, then launch a special) while others are simply: launch a special. The sig isn't so useful, blocking pretty much reduces damage a lot so you don't really need that, you need that when you're struck or tanking a sp3. The only positive thing is his ability accuracy reduction, stacking up five Armor Up effects and that's a -75% offensive AAR, which is pretty easy as well. Same thing for bleed and poison debuff resistance: very nice!

How exactly would you change them and why would you make the said changes, try to be specific

First of all, I would buff the Armor Up buffs from his basic attacks to make them on par with the buffs from his sp1. I would increase chances from all attacks from 8% to 12%, from blocking from 20% to 24% and from parries from 20% to 48%. This should make getting Armor Ups more easily through regular attacks, as well make it easier to acquire them reliably from parries. To aid that, increase perfect block chance by 15% per Armor Up buff. He keeps the ability to convert two of them into a passive and keeps the offensive AAR and poison/bleed resistance.

All shield attacks get a 18% chance to inflict a heal block, blocking regen for 5 seconds. This should lower the dependency on heavy attacks, while the heavy attack still allows for absolute certainty when necessary. Special attacks still extend this heal block.

The last light attack of a combo is always a repulsor ray, this gives the opportunity to add an extra effect to it. It deals True Damage, gives no power to the enemy but drains it for 6%.

All special attacks that drains the enemy's power to zero grants a power lock of six seconds, not only the sp3. Increase the power drain of the sp3 to 100%.

Shield repulsor rays from the sp2 and the sp3 deal True Damage, give no power and causes incinerate, reducing block proficiency by 50% and removing perfect block chance. Incinerate debuffs deal roughly 100% attack rating over 7 seconds. While under the effect of an incinerate debuff, drained power is burned. For the sp2, there is a 40% chance to incinerate, for the sp3 it is 70% chance. Incinerate debuffs cannot stack.

Of the power drained from the opponent through CW's effects or by using a special attack, 33.33% of the power is siphoned to CW's Arc Reactor. For every 1% of power drained, one Arc Reactor charge is granted, up to 100. Every Arc Reactor charge increases power drain effects by 0.5%. If CW would be power drained, charges are used to refill CW's power meter, 2% power is refilled per charge. CW cannot refill more power than he got drained.

When his Arc Reactor hits 100, it goes into Overload. This triggers a regeneration passive that lasts 10 seconds or 100 ticks. Triggering cannot be stopped by ability accuracy reduction. For every charge, he heals 0.25% of his health. For every tick of health he regains, charges are consumed. Would he be heal blocked, he loses no charges and he would trigger another regeneration passive after the heal block ends, as long his charges are at 100. If his health recovery reduction is above or below 100%, he will still lose charges accordingly as if he would heal the full amount per tick. This is to encourage the use of the new Petrify debuffs instead of the classical heal block.

His sig Arc Shield grants two Armor Up passives (instead of buffs). Also, every Armor Up effect gives 5-10% special attack damage reduction when attacked (not only when blocking). Shield attacks also have a 8% chance to inflict a Slow debuff, reducing the chance to trigger Evade and Unstoppable effects by 30% for 4-12 seconds (like 4 at lvl 1, 6 at lvl 20, 8 at lvl 40, 10 at lvl 60, 11 at lvl 80 and 12 at lvl 99). This debuff stacks. Nullify abilities have per Armor Up effect 20% chance to fail.

He also gets an unique synergy with IMIW and CAIW, every Armor Up effects grants him +2% attack rating. This is also true for IMIW molecular armor passives, granting +2% attack rating per stack. CAIW Kinetic Charges grants him +2% attack rating per charge.

This should make Civil Warrior an interesting champion for both offence and defence. He becomes a good power control and heal control champion. With the Arc Reactor mechanic, he gets great sustainability, especially for longer fights. The sig grants him the ability to tank a sp3. He gets some extra damage from all kinds of sources, including an unique synergy that makes a IMIW-CW-CAIW team an interesting trinity.

M.O.D.O.K.
    Mephisto
    Sentinel
    Iron Man (Infinity War)
    Red Hulk
    Angela
    Mordo
    Ronan the Accuser
    Dormammu
    Storm
    Taskmaster
    Colossus
    Juggernaut
    Kingpin
    Abomination
    Yellowjacket
    Morningstar
    Green Goblin

• Agame86Agame86 Posts: 147

• CyaenCyaen Posts: 15
    Improve Drax a bit please. He has very little utility nowadays. Since he is an Avatar of Life, add the same regeneration as Ultron to his abilities, without the possibility for interruption. Regen a certain amount at 50% and 25% health thresholds to make him more durable and useable in quests and war. Only a heal block should be able to stop it.
  • Agame86Agame86 Posts: 147
    Nebula needs a stronger better unique synergy with the rest of her family. Plus what are the odds even 1% of all summoners will ever complete the trio??? Which is all the more reason to make this family synergy special!
    Think; >ant man wasp ghost.<
    Also there should be a past skin of gamora. In her proper armor ( shown in infinity war) when she was a loyal asassian for her step dad
  • Bajan_SamuraiBajan_Samurai Posts: 107
    edited April 2019
    @Colonaut123 I like the general thoughts behind your Colossus rework suggestions. Personally, I would reduce a few things and tweak a few others, but I agree Colossus shouldn't be left in his current weak state. I'd also spruce up his Sp3 animation and differentiate him slightly from his Unstoppable Colossus version. Overall, I wouldn't want him too complex just because he needs a buff.

Add only:
    • Bruise (Col & UC)
    • Concussion (Col & UC)
    • Osmium Armor Up x1 & x2 (Col only)
    • Osmium Armor Up x1 / Osmium Rage x1` (UC only)
    Bruise is a great idea, softening up the opponent so Col's hits are more effective (which is actually befitting of having super strength), but I wouldn't dismiss Bleed Immunity entirely, as some champs are bleed immune due to not having blood and regular internal organic systems (plus, everything should have a counter of some sort). I would just make it that Bleed Immune champs suffer 40% reduced effects (65% if they are a Robot - consistent with Mutants' disadvantage against Tech opponents).
    (I admit I also liked your Bruise because I had thought of Tenderized as a similar soften up debuff for him) :)

Colossus
    For starters: change his Armor Up buffs to passives. No nullify cheats!...

I understand the sentiment but wouldn't want to completely remove the worth of nullification abilities by beginning/increasing the flood of abilities that cannot be nullified. Still, 'Osmium Armor' would be a slightly different armor up mode that would be passive but is not as common to trigger as his regular armor up would be.

...Stun effects of Colossus have a Pacify effect, reducing ability accuracy by 70% for the duration of the stun. This ties nicely with the Pacify mastery, when fully maxed-out parries reduce ability accuracy by 100%. Against stunned opponents, his critical rating increases by like 750, this is necessary as his base critical rating is quite low. When Colossus uses a heavy attack while stunned, the stun is converted to a Concussion debuff reducing ability accuracy by 35% for 10 seconds. Opponents under the effect of a Concussion cannot activate Inverted Controls (another counter to Emma Frost). It also refreshes the duration of one Bruise debuff.
    Concussion instead of stun (as stun is an extremely common ability): hitting bruised opponents with two consecutive mediums (MM) or a heavy (H) concusses them for 10 secs. Concussed opponents lose 50% (MM) or 70% (H) ability accuracy and their special attacks can only reduce up to 60% (MM) or 40% (H) of Col's/UC's current health (i.e. similar to Gwenpool but dependent on concussion being active, making it unique in that way).

Additionally, yes, it is canonical in the comics that Col has extremely high Cold and Heat resistance. I would temper this in the game that he is highly resistant to cold and heat based abilities instead of being outright immune though. Colossus (and UC) would therefore suffer 65% less damage over time from abilities based on cold (cold snap, frost bite, and even Loki's Sp2 to be interesting) and heat (incinerate, aura of incineration, ignite, and even Red Hulk's heat charge physical damage and Ghost Rider's power drain from Sp2 to be interesting). If he is already armored up or armors up during the cold or heat attack they expire 35% faster.

To keep Iceman's Ice Armor mechanism unique, I also would not make Colossus gain an Armor that refreshes itself and only take 5% of health. Instead, Col and UC would be limited to raising the semi-permanent passive 'Osmium Armor Up' after 3 well-timed blocks. Regular armor up would nullify or shatter before this passive armor, but then it would be susceptible to nullify or shatter 5 seconds later unless another regular armor up covers it. Osmium Armor can only stack twice (for Col) and there is a cool down period of 40 secs before Col can stack the second or reform a shattered/nullified/consumed one.

UC, on the other hand, would get an Osmium Rage instead of a second Osmium Armor stack. Osmium Armor raises physical resistance, energy resistance and attack rating by 6% (max 12% for Col). UC's Osmium Rage grants +9% attack rating instead minus the resistances of Armor, but with added +9% block penetration and +9% Kinetic Instigation while Unstoppable. Both Osmium abilities protect Col/UC from receiving more than 10% damage over 3 seconds duration before being fully consumed regardless of the number of hits. It activates on the first hit received that would do more damage than 12% of Col/UC's base health in a single hit (meaning that if boosted 100% health by a node, for example, it would trigger at the 6% damage point instead)
    Considering the other Concussion based ability to reduce damage I believe there should be that aforementioned significantly long period before Col or UC should be that resistant to damage again.

SP3 TWEAK
    Colossus is extremely strong, but it would be better to let Cytorrak's power be the basis for him being visually unmoved when tanking the hit during Sp3, therefore, UC would keep the current Sp3. Classic Colossus should instead intercept the opponent when they lunge at him with that punch down to the ground (or even better visually, a close line/arm bar) before they make contact, then Elbow Drop onto them. The Sp3 duration could be the same overall but it would feel quicker paced by fitting the intercept and the elbow in.

The overall idea is to introduce a method to do greater damage to both, without throwing in too many abilities. UC particularly would not need stun-immunity stagger like Juggernaut because his bleed immunity is the trade off to Juggs' seemingly superior unstoppable abilities. The Osmium and Bruise abilities would balance him out.

Other things I would tweak with Col & UC is adding synergies.
    1. Col would get one called Acolyte with Magneto (which would be further enhanced by adding Polaris if she's ever added) that would give him E.M. bursts when he armors up. These bursts would reduce opponent power by 8% of max and slow further power gain by 25% for the duration of the armor buff (12% & 35% respectively if both Magnetos are present of 1 Magneto and Polaris)
    2. Both UC and Col would get a Phoenix 5 synergy with Cyclops, Magik, Emma Frost and Namor (if added) which would allow Phoenix Charges and Furies to build like they do on Phoenix if at least 3 of them are present (6 charges and furies each max before overload, 8 max if 4 are present and 10 max if 5 are present)
    3. Additionally, do some 10% attack rating boost if an all Russian team is formed (BW, Col, UC, Magik and Omega Red [or Winter Soldier on a technicality])

@FluffyPigMonster
    Cyclops (both/either)

Needs a workup. Should be able to inflict Incinerate, have strong synergies - leader type synergies.
    Canonically Scott's optic blasts are concussive force so they would not inflict incinerate. Armor breaking is actually quite fitting, it's just that the broken armor doesn't currently allow enough extra damage to be inflicted afterwards.

Granted, most mutants are supposed to be about the heightened special damage, so what would probably be good for Cyke is a mechanism to increase how many hits connect. Maybe a Medium hit counter (or an intercept counter if Medium is too easy) that raises the number of beam hits that connect (e.g. every 2 intercepts Cyclops' Sp2 and Sp3 adds 1 extra beam).

Likewise, while I agree with the original post about Iron Fist needing improvement, I don't think we need to stray from the CHI based abilities to improve him. No FIRE or SHOCK effects, since that is not comic canon. Instead, look into claimed chi abilities like blocking others' flow of energy, self-healing, healing of others, sensing intent, pressure point paralysis and the like. I'd give him a different couple abilities depending on the opponent ability styles (an as of yet unused game mechanic). It would be different abilities gained in response to facing:
    • Control: Counter champs
    • Control: Denial champs
    • Defensive: Guard champs
    • Defensive: Tank champs
    • Defensive: Utility champs
    • Offensive: Burst champs
    • Offensive: Damage over Time champs
    • Offensive: Raw Damage champs
    OG Iron Fist would build up an ability while idling and another during armor break durations
    Immortal Iron Fist would gain an ability by defeating the ability style which would persist from fight to fight
    (I'll expand on the proposed Iron Fist abilities in a later post, I guess)
  • ApkillypsApkillyps Posts: 50
    A lot of the older champs need buffs in order to stay relevant.

I would love to see that. I would also like to see some “cosmetic” changes through as well.
    For instance Joe Fixit, desperately needs a buff but also I wish they would scale him down in size. He is a weaker smaller version of the Hulk and should be represented as such. It would make him a more unique character as opposed to being just another “Hulk”. It is even stated in his ability info. So let the description fit the image.

Still wishing for that Wolverine armor break against bleed immune and some form of berserker rage...
    edited April 2019
    Hey @Colonaut123 I have noticed a tendency to mention blocking Inverse Controls (IC) during a fight in a few write ups and I want to mention my thoughts on this to recommend you look at it differently (The TLDR version will be that it is too hard for players to keep track of IC being active or blocked if this is a temporary block ability while fighting):

It is WAYYYY better to either be immune or susceptible to IC than to turn it on and off during an active fight and here's why:
    1. If you start the match knowing your champ is not immune, you are mentally prepared to dodge Emma's specials inverted
    2. If you start with an immune champ, you know you can dodge normally
    3. If you have a mechanism for becoming immune temporarily you have to be very careful which way you have to dodge depending on if the immunity effect is still active or not
    4. While watching an icon or other visual indicator at the same time the defender A.I. is baring down on your attacker, this can distract you from whether Emma is in diamond form or fleshy and able to be parried or not
    What I am getting at is that basically the A.I. can (and will) engage specials at the most inconvenient time for you because as you gear up to dodge normally, the effect can wear off, causing you to run right into the attack instead. Even the best of players would have to be overly focused on swiping the complete opposite way in a split second that the defender decides to delay its Sp1 or 2 and very few people's reflexes are that fast. Essentially, if Kabam was to ever make a champ, node or condition like this that controls could differ for the exact same attack type, the vast majority of people would then only be able to rely on blocking (which will be a hazard on unblockable Sp1/2 nodes) and the champ with that mechanic would be scorned.

The most optimal setups are therefore
    1. a champ is either immune to IC or not from the very beginning of a fight on it's own (e.g. Juggernaut, UC, Mags, Sinister)
    2. a champ that is normally not immune is effectively immune via a particular synergy, therefore again, immune from the very beginning of a fight, and the difference in condition is shown as HUD text at the start, such as: "Reverse Blocked" or "Telepathy Blocked" (e.g. 1. having 2 Psychic champs on a roster extends protection to all champs from mental intrusion such as Reverse Controls, 2. having a specific strong telepath on a roster extends protection to all champs, 3. having a tech genius that has been known to employ telepathic resistance equipment extends protection to all champs)
    3. a champ that [admittedly IMO is still dicey but not as hard to manage as constant back & forth of states] starts the fight immune for a set period of time, or becomes immune for the remainder of a fight after a set period of time, specific activation or after reaching a one time combo or special
    4. or a champ similar to above that has a persistent charge of telepathic immunity after X number of wins
    So for Green Goblin's instability potentially being the usable logic for lowering telepathic effectiveness, he is one of the few I can suggest changes states during battle but only once, i.e. "after reaching a 15 (25?) hit combo, GG is sufficiently amped up in his mania that he resists telepathic intrusions such as Reverse Controls for the remainder of the fight [and maybe even Power Stings, Locks and/or Concussions] by psychics [which covers Emma Frost, Psylocke, Cable & Mr. Sinister]" or what would also be fair "after his first Sp3 GG is sufficiently amped up..." (either one comes with a call out text saying he is henceforth telepathy immune such as 'TELEPATHY BLOCKED' which then we need to just know that means Inverted Controls are now switched off henceforth)

What I would more so want in this game is, if a moderately strong telepath like Sinister can resist telepathic effects, Phoenix should have this ability at the very least. My list of telepathy resistant champs would be:
    1. Phoenix - due to omega level telepathy
    2. Mr. Sinister - due to strong telepathy
    3. Psylocke - due to strong telepathy
    4. Cable - due to telepathy and training
    5. Emma Frost herself (in any mode) - due to strong telepathy
    6. Sentinel - due to robotic intelligence and built to counter mutants
    7. Ultron - due to robotic intelligence
    8. Vision (both) - due to synthetic brains
    9. Juggernaut - due to resistant helmet
    10. Unstoppable Colossus - due to resistant helmet
    11. Magneto (both) - due to resistant helmet
    12. Any team that has at least 2 if the listed telepaths on it
    13. An OG X-Men team where Phoenix extends protection to Cyke, AA, Iceman & Beast
    14. Polaris and the Leader if added - due to her helmet and telepathy respectively
    15. Bastion, Jocasta, Apocalypse or Onslaught if ever added
    Apkillyps said:

A lot of the older champs need buffs in order to stay relevant.

I would love to see that. I would also like to see some “cosmetic” changes through as well.
    For instance Joe Fixit, desperately needs a buff but also I wish they would scale him down in size. He is a weaker smaller version of the Hulk and should be represented as such. It would make him a more unique character as opposed to being just another “Hulk”. It is even stated in his ability info. So let the description fit the image.

Still wishing for that Wolverine armor break against bleed immune and some form of berserker rage...

I recommend now that FF members are allowed in the game that both of these have a chance at synergy effects with the FF (based on that time Hulk, Wolverine, Ghost Rider and Spider-Man stood in as the FF (FF#347 to #349)). If any 2 of them pair with Human Torch they get the Fire Rain effect during Sp2, causing incineration damage over time.

For Wolverine alone, in lieu of armor break on bleed immune champs, Wolvie should have a mechanism for Berserker Rage for sure. I envisioned/recommended it be that
    • (like a feral animal) whenever he is backed into a corner, Berserker Rage activates giving him a Fury and Cruelty buff
    • He must clear a certain distance out of the corner in order to activate another Berserker Rage stake or reactivate a new one after the first expires or is cancelled
    • If stunned in Berserk mode, Wolverine will immediately shake off the stun at the cost of his fury, and can shake off another at the cost of his cruelty (similar to King Groot's ability or Iceman's armor)
    • If Wolvie clears the corner and goes back he can stack additional Fury and Cruelty buffs (but their duration and needing to clear the corner would be such that it is hard to stack more than 3 of each for even a brief period unless ability accuracy is cranked way up by synergies.
    I've illustrated that redesign for Wolverine here while suggesting designs for adding Klaw, Crystal and Cloak & Dagger.

Additionally though, it would be great if the game could incorporate the Fastball Special Wolverine has with Colossus for Wolvie to do major damage:
    • An icon of Colossus's face temporarily appears under the health bar every 25 seconds for 5 seconds, and if Wolverine activates Sp1 or 2 during that time he will jump back off screen then be thrown back in by Colossus's arm dealing
    • this does +75% of Sp1's damage rating but would always only consume 1 bar of power so in Sp2 range he could potentially perform 2 consecutive fastball specials in the 5 seconds the Colossus icon lasts
    • Or if on a team with the at least 3 of the second X-team special additional effects occur like they do for the FF with Thing's boulder throw and Torch's rain of fire (Wolverine & Colossus with Nightcrawler, Storm or Cyclops [BT]) would modify Wolverine's Sp1 to be a fastball special followed by a teleport evasion of the first special to be directed at Wolverine within 15 seconds after he performs that, similarly Sp2 calls in an assist from Storm and/or Cyke with a lightning bolt crashing down and/or an optic beam streaking across capable of causing stun and/or armor break respectively
    • If it is too tricky to have 2 different Sp1 states in one battle, it may be easier to achieve this with a cut scene of Colossus gearing up to throw Wolverine (like how Thanos had the cut scene of causing control reversal with the Gauntlet during a past event) cutting back in with the end part of Wolverine's Sp1 animation
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    WHO: Black Panther (Civil War)

WHY: This version of the king of Wakanda is pretty useless right now other than defence to a small degree, Killmonger and Captain America (IW), use technology that was built and powered with materials that come from Wakanda, a kingdom that HE rules. So why must they be stronger than him. So lets rework the Black Panther and make him a real king

Passive:

T'Challa possesses the wisdom and strength of his ancestors through the heart shaped herb. Making him 30% more likely to strike a critical hit and giving him a 10% to evade a hostile attack

(New) Kinetic Absorption

T'Challa's advanced suit absorbs the force of the opponent's fighting and uses it against them

-When Fight Starts or a Kinetic Strike expires or gets consumed: T'Challa's suit must reconfigure itself to start storing kinetic energy, after 5 seconds gain a passive Kinetic Absorption buff

-Kinetic Absorption buffs last 7 seconds, during that period of time you will be able to gain Kinetic Charges

-If you land a heavy attack, add an additional 3 seconds onto the period of Kinetic Absorption

(New) Kinetic Conversion

After absorbing kinetic energy, T'Challa's suit readies the stored energy to be expulsed through physical means

-After a Kinetic Absorption buff expires, all Kinetic Charges gained will take 2 seconds to be turned into a Kinetic Strike

(New) Kinetic Charges

Passive Kinetic Charges can be gained when a Kinetic Absorption buff is active

Max: 30

- 100% to gain one when Kinetic Absorption begins
    - 40% to gain one when struck while blocking
    - 100% to gain one if struck while landing a perfect block
    - 20% to gain one if struck by the opponent
    - 60% to gain one if struck by an energy-based attack
    +10% if you were struck by a critical hit

- 20% to gain one when striking the opponent
    - 40% to gain one when finishing a 5-hit combo with a light attack
    - 50% to gain one when finishing a 5-hit combo with a medium attack
    - 100% to gain one when landing a heavy attack

These buffs serve no other purpose than to power a Kinetic Strike

(New) Kinetic Strike

After 2 seconds of Kinetic Absorption expiring, gain one Passive Kinetic Strike buff.

Kinetic Strikes last 4 seconds and guarantee an additional burst of energy damage on the next attack dealing 15% of your attack rating, Kinetic Strike buffs and Kinetic Charges are consumed upon striking the opponent. For every Kinetic Charge gained during Kinetic Absorption, the amount of addition damage is raised by 3% of your attack rating

The amount of Kinetic Charges you gain also grant additional benefits

- If 5 or more kinetic charges are gained: Inflict a Concussion debuff on the opponent, reducing the opponent's ability accuracy by 20% lasting 5 seconds, the ability accuracy will also be lowered by +2% for every kinetic charge gained.

- If 10 or more kinetic charges are gained: Gain a passive indefinite True Accuracy buff allowing him to ignore Auto-Block and Evasion, buff is consumed upon attacking the opponent or if a Kinetic Strike buff expires

-If 15 or more kinetic charges are gained: Inflict an Armour Break on the opponent lowering their armour by 2% per Kinetic Charge

-If 20 or more Kinetic Charges are gained: The Kinetic Strike is Unblockable

If Kinetic Strike expires: The stored energy detonates inside the suit, Burning all of your power and damaging the armour inflicting Armour Break, reducing your armour by 3% for every Kinetic Charge you didn't expulse for 5 seconds. After the armour break expires you will be able to get Kinetic Absorption once more

Special 1: King's Strength - The King of Wakanda proves his might to all that might disbelieve his strength.

If Kinetic Strike is ready, inflict a bleed on the opponent dealing 60% (+1% for every kinetic charge) of your Attack as direct damage over 4 seconds

Special 2: Power Of Ancestors - Calling upon the spirits of his ancestors grants strength for swift and powerful blows.

If Kinetic Strike is ready, deal an additional 1% damage per hit for every Kinetic Charge active

Special 3: Wakandan Assault – Pinpoint strikes weaken his foes, then T’Challa strikes hard to bring down the enemy of Wakanda.

If Kinetic Strike is ready, inflict a passive bleed on the opponent dealing 100% of your Attack as direct damage on the opponent over 3 seconds

Signature Ability: WAKANDA FOREVER!

Whatever knocks the Panther down only makes him stronger and with the burden of ruling Wakanda on his shoulders and his ancestors's strength and wisdom flowing through him. T'Challa must stand his ground for his kingdom as the current Black Panther, no matter what it takes

Whenever T'Challa gains a debuff: 30% chance to shrug it off and gain a passive indefinite Panther's Rage buff, raising his attack by 2% and his critical rating by 2% , this re-rolls for every second of the debuff time

When struck by Heavy Attack, Special Attack or Combo Ending attack: Gain one passive Panther's Rage buff

When T'Challa's Panther Rage buff count reaches 4: Convert all Panther Rage buffs into a passive indefinite King of Wakanda buff giving him +5% Attack, +5% Armour and +5% Critical Rating, when it expires it turns into a persistent charge, only one King of Wakanda buff can be gained per fight and only 5 can be gained

When fight starts: Gain King of Wakanda buffs equal to the amount of persistent charges you have.

Feedback would be welcome, thanks
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Just as a quick change for Miles Morales, it would make him a lot more usable if you lowered his evade chance to 0% when blocking, since the most frustrating thing while playing him is how often your rhythm gets thrown off when you try to parry. That way, you only evade when it’s useful to you. It would also be nice to have a synergy or just an additional effect that gave an attack or crit boost for each charge on him.

There have been many amazing suggestions put forward in this discussion and I've been reading along with enthusiasm at some of the ideas you've shared. This game was created for you all to play and enjoy, so it goes without saying that to help us provide a more enjoyable experience, our Game Team regularly reviews the feedback received in these Forums.

...I just want to express my hopes that this thread continues to flourish with bright new ideas which have the potential to help make the game even better.

Porthos: This is for you. Thanks for keeping this thread going on your side of the forums - we'll try and do the same on our side!

I haven’t been adding redesigns as much lately; but I’ve been enjoying everyone else's. As my Easter gift to everyone who's contributed to the list (and Porthos), and in an attempt to highlight a lot of people's hard work and creativity to share with the design team, this is my grand list of the 'full' reworks to be found on the redesign wish-list so far:

Champion Redesigns Champions redesigned since this thread was running. Did we inspire them at all?

Hey @Colonaut123 I have noticed a tendency to mention blocking Inverse Controls (IC) during a fight in a few write ups and I want to mention my thoughts on this to recommend you look at it differently (The TLDR version will be that it is too hard for players to keep track of IC being active or blocked if this is a temporary block ability while fighting):

It is WAYYYY better to either be immune or susceptible to IC than to turn it on and off during an active fight and here's why:

1. If you start the match knowing your champ is not immune, you are mentally prepared to dodge Emma's specials inverted
    2. If you start with an immune champ, you know you can dodge normally
    3. If you have a mechanism for becoming immune temporarily you have to be very careful which way you have to dodge depending on if the immunity effect is still active or not
    4. While watching an icon or other visual indicator at the same time the defender A.I. is baring down on your attacker, this can distract you from whether Emma is in diamond form or fleshy and able to be parried or not
    What I am getting at is that basically the A.I. can (and will) engage specials at the most inconvenient time for you because as you gear up to dodge normally, the effect can wear off, causing you to run right into the attack instead. Even the best of players would have to be overly focused on swiping the complete opposite way in a split second that the defender decides to delay its Sp1 or 2 and very few people's reflexes are that fast. Essentially, if Kabam was to ever make a champ, node or condition like this that controls could differ for the exact same attack type, the vast majority of people would then only be able to rely on blocking (which will be a hazard on unblockable Sp1/2 nodes) and the champ with that mechanic would be scorned.

The most optimal setups are therefore
    1. a champ is either immune to IC or not from the very beginning of a fight on it's own (e.g. Juggernaut, UC, Mags, Sinister)
    2. a champ that is normally not immune is effectively immune via a particular synergy, therefore again, immune from the very beginning of a fight, and the difference in condition is shown as HUD text at the start, such as: "Reverse Blocked" or "Telepathy Blocked" (e.g. 1. having 2 Psychic champs on a roster extends protection to all champs from mental intrusion such as Reverse Controls, 2. having a specific strong telepath on a roster extends protection to all champs, 3. having a tech genius that has been known to employ telepathic resistance equipment extends protection to all champs)
    3. a champ that [admittedly IMO is still dicey but not as hard to manage as constant back & forth of states] starts the fight immune for a set period of time, or becomes immune for the remainder of a fight after a set period of time, specific activation or after reaching a one time combo or special
    4. or a champ similar to above that has a persistent charge of telepathic immunity after X number of wins
    So for Green Goblin's instability potentially being the usable logic for lowering telepathic effectiveness, he is one of the few I can suggest changes states during battle but only once, i.e. "after reaching a 15 (25?) hit combo, GG is sufficiently amped up in his mania that he resists telepathic intrusions such as Reverse Controls for the remainder of the fight [and maybe even Power Stings, Locks and/or Concussions] by psychics [which covers Emma Frost, Psylocke, Cable & Mr. Sinister]" or what would also be fair "after his first Sp3 GG is sufficiently amped up..." (either one comes with a call out text saying he is henceforth telepathy immune such as 'TELEPATHY BLOCKED' which then we need to just know that means Inverted Controls are now switched off henceforth)

What I would more so want in this game is, if a moderately strong telepath like Sinister can resist telepathic effects, Phoenix should have this ability at the very least. My list of telepathy resistant champs would be:
    1. Phoenix - due to omega level telepathy
    2. Mr. Sinister - due to strong telepathy
    3. Psylocke - due to strong telepathy
    4. Cable - due to telepathy and training
    5. Emma Frost herself (in any mode) - due to strong telepathy
    6. Sentinel - due to robotic intelligence and built to counter mutants
    7. Ultron - due to robotic intelligence
    8. Vision (both) - due to synthetic brains
    9. Juggernaut - due to resistant helmet
    10. Unstoppable Colossus - due to resistant helmet
    11. Magneto (both) - due to resistant helmet
    12. Any team that has at least 2 if the listed telepaths on it
    13. An OG X-Men team where Phoenix extends protection to Cyke, AA, Iceman & Beast
    14. Polaris and the Leader if added - due to her helmet and telepathy respectively
    15. Bastion, Jocasta, Apocalypse or Onslaught if ever added
    Hey @Bajan_Samurai, thanks for your insightful post.

I completely agree with you. But I do believe something is better than nothing, so I do think the concussion of my Colossus suggestion is still a good one. It is better to have such option than none at all. It is also logical: concussions do disable the abilities of telepaths in the comics.

There have been many amazing suggestions put forward in this discussion and I've been reading along with enthusiasm at some of the ideas you've shared. This game was created for you all to play and enjoy, so it goes without saying that to help us provide a more enjoyable experience, our Game Team regularly reviews the feedback received in these Forums.

...I just want to express my hopes that this thread continues to flourish with bright new ideas which have the potential to help make the game even better.

Porthos: This is for you. Thanks for keeping this thread going on your side of the forums - we'll try and do the same on our side!

I haven’t been adding redesigns as much lately; but I’ve been enjoying everyone else's. As my Easter gift to everyone who's contributed to the list (and Porthos), and in an attempt to highlight a lot of people's hard work and creativity to share with the design team, this is my grand list of the 'full' reworks to be found on the redesign wish-list so far:

Champion Redesigns Champions redesigned since this thread was running. Did we inspire them at all?
    Thanks for the collection of all champion designs, @Magrailothos! I might will check some out, giving my own thoughts about them (but for now, I've so many ideas of myself, so stay tuned!).

Hey @Bajan_Samurai, thanks for your insightful post.

I completely agree with you. But I do believe something is better than nothing, so I do think the concussion of my Colossus suggestion is still a good one. It is better to have such option than none at all. It is also logical: concussions do disable the abilities of telepaths in the comics.

I agree there, damaging the brain (even temporarily) of someone whose brain is the source of a power stands to reason the power could be compromised (and have been in the comics, as you correctly stated). There's nothing in Colossus's history that shows he's ever done this in some significant way that it then jumps across mediums, but super strong is super strong, so why not.

There are other unseen implications of affecting controls, on top of that, Emma switching to diamond may abruptly end the Bruise/concussion effect too - unless it is meant to prevent diamond form - at this point we are putting a lot on Colossus v one champ with an inconvenient ability.

How's this for a slight improvement to your suggestion? This keeps in mind that this ability would fit with both Col and UC (who is already immune from the start, so it would be redundant otherwise):
    • Consider that if Colossus concusses Emma, controls are still inverted; but if you fail to dodge Sp1 damage is heavily reduced (or zero if he also has at least 1 armor buff up already) [i.e. the ability benefits UC similarly, in that specials' damage could become extremely ineffective and controls were already normal];
    • similarly Sp2 is heavily reduced (or zero) and she cannot concuss Colossus (the lingering effect of her Sp2). This way, the difficulty and risk of a player having a split second to dodge forward or backward depending on if a concussion expires or not is gone - they are still dodging the way they know they need to based on immunity or not, but they have the added potential benefit of extremely reduced damage
    • consider too that as a game, champ abilities have character types: the basis of both Colossus versions' abilities are routed in being Defensive Tanks - to preserve that structure, an ability that leads to further damage reduction fits better than one that is only an ability counter
    • taking that as the basis, we can expand this to other telepathic effects being muted: if concussed: (1) Psylocke's power drain or lock fails on Col and less damage occurs, (2) Sinister's debuff effects do not transfer from him to Col, (3) Cable's concussive effect does not effect Col, etc.
    Now, what really would fit with Colossus (canonically) instead of telepathy counters is his resistance to Reality Warping because of his unique metal state (based on the iron-counters-magic logic from lore) which made him effective against Proteus. Maybe something like that can make him shrug off or slow the application of Void's debuffs, resist mystics' nullification or even lessen Magik's limbo and Dormammu's degen.

Now, with Green Goblin, the concession would be that when the ability is countered it is a clear and one time strict switch so the player does not have to be constantly tracking which state their controls are in when a special is about to fire from Emma. So, like suggested in my previous post, either at some combo count or maybe the first Sp3, whichever is better, Goby's fractured mind is too chaotic for effects such as inverted controls and concussions to work (therefore he becomes immune to Emma for the rest of the fight, but also appropriately can shrug off others' concussive abilities - fittingly having an advantage against a few other mutants, but also a few other champs in other classes).
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
    As i was instructed, posting in this thread also:

It surely isn't news for anyone that the original avengers in-game are not being used at all these days, for anything except arena points (the only 2 exceptions i can make are for hawkeye and hulk). Some have gone through nerfs, while others have been designed on a time when in-game characters were build to be much simpler than they are today.
    This month though, with the use of the different infinity stones, each champion enhances his abilities and becomes not only fun to play, but also extremely powerful. So here's what I propose: all the avengers who are tied with each infinity stone, get to keep some of the abilities the infinity stones gave them. Some of them, because realistically if they got to keep all them, they would be too powerful.
    From a story standpoint, that could make sense. The infinity stones are artifacts of immeasurable power, therefore they could easily leave an impact to anyone who was associated with them. That impact, could be a portion of the enhanced powers a champion had, when he utilised them.
    Furthermore, from a game-making standpoint, the decision to slightly buff those champions by letting them keep some of their stone-related abilities also makes sense. You have already decided to revamp a lot of champions that were practically useless in-game, so we see that there is some understanding of which champion is outdated and needs a buff. And we are not talking about any group of champions here, we are talking about the legendary avengers.
    What do you guys think? Do you agree with my idea, or do you think it shouldn't be implemented?
    Yellowjacket

The MCU version of Darren Cross is supposed to be a genius almost on par with Hank Pym and Tony Stark. His armour is supposedly intended as black-ops style military equipment; but it's abilities are (currently) very limited. He hardly uses his shrinking ability, and didn't even get a really useful synergies when Wasp came out; unlike, say, Ghost (who got Unblockable Specials. Hmmm....)

He also hardly seems to appear in Event Quests; whereas he's the sort of guy who should be working as part of the Cabal, or under Ultron or MODOK. Let's make him a bit more of a threat, with counters to other champs defenses that might represent the realistic abilities of a black-ops stealth suit; then Kabam can start putting him on a few boss nodes.

Health 16,572
    Attack 1216

Quantum armour:
    Yellowjacket's sophisticated armour is designed to counter against 21st-Century threats (particularly Pym-tech). It has several defenses against sophisticated attacks. It is less effective against simple physical assaults; lacking good physical resistance, plus these abilities are disabled if he is afflicted with an Armour Break effect.

Passive effects:
    • Energy resistance 1200
    • Energy-based attacks on Yellowjacket have -40% Offensive Ability Accuracy.
    • Advanced scanning technology enables Yellowjacket to detect microscopic or Invisible opponents: he does not miss Invisible opponents, and is immune to Quantum evade.
    • Energy blasts (Special attacks) reduce passive evade chances by 70%, reduce Glancing ability accuracy by 100%, and can affect Phased targets.
    • Yellowjacket has a permanent +200 Critical Rating.
    Recognising the Yellowjacket armour was intended for military black-ops, I've given Yellowjacket a little utility in countering both the offensive and defensive abilities of high-tech opponents, or those able to evade or misdirect attackers; such as Ghost, Wasp or Spider-champions. I've removed his intermittent Precision ability for a constant (but less potent) Precision passive. The abilities above are disabled if he is afflicted with an Armour Break effect; but his Stinger/Power Sting abilities are not

Stinger Attacks
    • Physical attacks with his back-mounted stingers (all medium attacks) are energetically charged, granting them +400 armour penetration.
    • Further, when the opponent is afflicted with a Power Sting, Physical Attacks with his Stingers inflict a burst of 404 Direct Damage.
    This is where Yellowjacket starts to get access to a bit more damage; particularly effective against heavily armoured opponents

Special Attacks
    • SP1 - Each beam hit inflicts Power Sting for ten seconds. Each Sting inflicts 1048 Direct Damage when the opponent activates a Special Attack.
    • SP2 - Each beam hit inflicts Power Sting for twelve seconds. Each Sting inflicts 1048 Direct Damage when the opponent activates a Special Attack.
    • SP3 - Inflicts Power Sting for twenty seconds. Each Sting inflicts 1048 Direct Damage when the opponent activates a Special Attack.
    Whilst making the Stings slightly longer, I've actually reduced the Power Sting damage. Partly to balance (and prolong) the access to Stinger damage; and also because his Sig now boosts the Power Sting damage back up again as well as granting a Stun effect.

Signature - Boosting 2.0:
    • Power Sting damage, and Direct Stinger damage increase by up to 50%.*
    • If Power Stings expire without being triggered, they trigger a Stun effect for up to 1.5 seconds*, plus 0.25s per Sting expiring
    At max Sig, counting the reduction in basic Power Sting damage, this represents about a 30% improvement in his current Power Sting damage, as well as a slightly longer Stun if 2-3 Stings are expiring at the same time.

Synergies:
    Quantum Dexterity (Unique Synergy with Wasp) -
    • Yellowjacket shrinks as he retreats, and cannot be struck by basic attacks when Dashing Back; returning to full size after 0.4 seconds or when his Block is engaged.
    • Wasp's Cooldown on Quantum Evade is reduced by 30%
    I thought about Unblockable Specials, but figured that would be a bit overpowered. At least Ghost just hits you really hard with hers – unblockable Power Stings just seems cruel! Anyway, there are nodes for that if necessary... So this is a version of the super-dexterity possessed by Nightcrawler and Vulture; it's the only of my suggestions for YJ that would require a bit of new animation coding. I just think it would be nice to use his shrinking ability somewhere besides his SP3, though.

Strengths:
    Yellowjacket can deal with most Pym-tech; and will be useful against advanced Tech champions like Ultron and Darkhawk. That ability to punish Specials, and inflict Direct damage, whilst having Energy resistance and protection against Incinerate/Shock/Plasma effects should even give him some use against IMIW (as long as he avoids picking up an armour break).
    As always, he'll remain useful against champions who Power Gain and like to throw specials; particularly mystics who will suffer additional power sting damage due to class disadvantage.

Weaknesses
    Whilst he can reduce the evasion of Spiderverse heroes, it doesn't drop to zero; and it only takes one Armour Break to significantly impair Yellowjacket's offensive capabilities. This makes fighting champions like OG Spiderman a little risky. He has little new defence against Skill champs, lacking Physical Resistance or protection against bleed effects.

Hulkbuster

Does he really needs an introduction? Even for a purely defensive champion, he isn't that great. There is however one thing that I always like about Hulkbuster: his SP3 with the huge armor break, dealing a lot of damage. Definitely a keeper!

Hulkbuster is a #Defensive: Tank champion. If there is one champion that is a tank, it is Hulkbuster. But he could use some extra fire power.

Let's start with ramping up his damage. Give him a passive ability called Iron Hand that increases his damage based on his armor. A punch from a heavily armored IM suit should land hard, right? My idea is this: armor rating currently converts into damage reduction. Use that exact same modifier to boost the attack rating of Hulkbuster. This is a diminishing return formula, so even at extremely high armor ratings the damage boost would never exceed +100%. For instant, a 4* 50/50 would have a passive damage boost of +40% at 1000 damage rating, but to double that to +80%, 6000 armor rating is needed. This however goes both ways: negative armor rating decreases his damage.

For this ability to work, he needs to be able to trigger Armor Up when he's attacking. The same 9% chance can be used and the Armor Up doesn't stack like today. I think it is currently a bit more than 2000, so that will be roughly the same damage boost as a regular Fury buff.

He will still stack up Armor Ups when the opponent activates a Fury buff, this is expanded to include all Fury effects, including passives (like She-Hulk's Fury passives).

Hulkbuster could have a somewhat unique position. I think it would be good if he didn't crit (like Crossbones) but instead inflicts an armor break for 8.50 seconds which strength is based on his critical damage rating. Hulkbuster crit damage is the same as Crossbones but his crit rating is lower, so maybe he should get a crit rating boost to make them on par. I think a 1:1 relation should do it, my 4* 3/30 Crossbones has 475 crit damage, so an armor break reducing armor rating by 475 should be good enough. Four of those will go to -1000 and give +40% damage.

On top of that, armor breaks can remove shell charges, such as Thing and Korg, and armor ups. The final medium hit of a MLLLM combo is a kick, this kick can have increased critical hit rating (1500 or something), so it has a reasonably reliable chance to guarantee an armor break. This should make Hulkbuster a great counter to Emma Frost and Mister Sinister.

These armor breaks will stack and can go into the negative, increasing damage. However, like armor rating you would need to inflict a large stack of armor breaks to boost damage sufficiently. I don't think his damage output would compensate that, even combined with the passive Iron Hand of above. So let's add some more: Resonate. This ability is a mixture of Luke Cage and Red Hulk: for every armor break or armor shatter debuff, Hulkbuster deals 25% of the hit in direct damage.

The special attacks should remain the same, inflicting large armor break debuffs. The SP2 is different, it instead converts the existing armor break debuffs (other from its own attack) into armor shatter debuffs, each reducing the ability accuracy for armor, armor up and regeneration effects by 25% each and each armor break debuff has a 80% chance to inflict cowardice (>< prowess), reducing special attack damage by 15% each (max: 3 stacks) for the same duration as the armor break debuffs inflicted by the sp2. The armor break from the SP3 becomes an armor shatter, having the same reduction in armor rating but also reducing the ability accuracy of all armor, armor up and regeneration effects by 100%. The SP3 also inflicts a cowardice debuff that reduces special attack damage to -100% for 6 seconds. This would be great to tank a sp3 or to avoid getting wrecked by unblockable sp2's.

When wearing the Hulkbuster suit, Tony Stark is also wearing his regular Iron Man suit. This makes him invulnerable to bleed and poison. Energy-based debuffs do not deal damage, but damage the Hulkbuster suit and reduce armor rating by like 300-400 for each debuff. This means you can still counter Hulkbuster without an armor break champion but with a champion that inflict a lot of energy-damage debuffs like Human Torch.

However, the Hulkbuster suit has its own AI, Veronica. Veronica repairs the Hulkbuster suit when damaged, decreasing the duration of armor break and energy-based debuffs (and passives like frostbite charges or plasma charges) by 40% (but Veronica cannot register cosmic champions so those debuffs are only reduced by 20%, for mutant champions this is increased to 60%). This ensures Iceman will not be effective against Hulkbuster. Another option could be some kind of willpower effect that heals health for each debuff inflicted on him (like how the old willpower mastery worked). This depends which one is most balanced.

Veronica also resists nullify and ability accuracy reduction based on armor rating, the chance is equal to the percentage of damage reduction x 1.25. So at 2500 armor rating, damage is reduced by 62.5% and nullify/AAR is reduced by 78.125%. Periodically, Veronica will start a big repair protocol. At 60% and 30% health, Veronica will passively regenerate 15% health.

The sig Iron Rage will still passively increase armor rating based on lost health. Coupled with the Iron Hand ability, at low health he will be able to have a stable damage boost similar to the Hulk. I ensured the regen of the Veronica is at a higher threshold to encourage that high risk/high reward play style. Also, every armor break or armor shatter debuff has a pacifying effect, reducing offensive ability accuracy by 15-25% (+5% for mutant and Hulk champions, -5% for cosmic champions).

Hulkbuster could use two unique synergies.

The first one I call 'Full Metal Jacket'. Hulkbuster activates this synergy with either Colossus, UC, OG IM, SIM, IMIW, CW, Ghost Rider, Heimdall and Thanos. All of the mentioned champions have their special attack damage increased by 30% of the armor rating. This would give Hulkbuster that extra damage boost, as well as Colossus (see my rework of him in the list below) and all the others.

The other one I call 'Frenemies' with Hulk. Both of them will have the effectiveness of the passive increase in attack rating or armor rating by their sig Hulk/Iron Rage increased by 20%.

This should ensure Hulkbuster gets a separate niche in the game and has this defensive aggressive game mode that strengthens him both defensively and offensively at the same time. However, armor break champions like Medusa or the new Captain Marvel can counter that.

M.O.D.O.K.
    Mephisto
    Sentinel
    Iron Man (Infinity War)
    Red Hulk
    Angela
    Mordo
    Ronan the Accuser
    Dormammu
    Storm
    Taskmaster
    Colossus
    Juggernaut
    Kingpin
    Abomination
    Yellowjacket
    Morningstar
    Green Goblin
    Civil Warrior

• ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    Who: Hawkeye

Why?: Hawkeye is pretty underrated as of now and is only in need of a few changes, buffs and additions to be better and more appreciated

Passive: Hardened Accuracy

Arrow attacks cannot trigger Auto Block and have a 20% chance to ignore evasion

Passive: Trick Arrows

Dash Back and Hold Block for 1 second to reload with a trick arrow or to arm another trick arrow of the same type, Max: 4

Also, after firing an/all armed arrow(s) (Heavy, SP1, SP2, SP3) there's a 40% to reload with a trick arrow

Thermal Arrow: Inflicts a incineration debuff on the opponent dealing 30% of your damage as energy damage, removing perfect block chance and reducing Block Proficiency by 50% over 5 seconds, the incinerate damage is increased by 20% if it's a critical hit

Sonic Arrow: Disorients the opponent, reducing their Defensive Ability Accuracy and Block Proficiency by 30% for 5 seconds, if the attack is critical it also inflicts a concussion on the opponent, reducing their general ability accuracy by 50% over 5 seconds

Shock Arrow: Drain 30% of their max power and inflict a shock debuff on the opponent dealing 30% of your damage as energy damage over 5 seconds, if the attack is critical it paralyses the opponent for 2 seconds, stunning them and reducing their health and power gains by 60%

Explosive Arrow Inflicts an Armour Break on the opponent reducing their armour by 70% and consuming one Armour Up buff if one is active. If the attack is critical, the opponent bleeds, dealing 50% of your damage as direct damage over 7 seconds

Heavy Attacks: Triggers trick arrows but doesn't apply the effects
    *Visual: Hawkeye kicks his opponent and fires an arrow diagonally downwards, targeting the knee*

Special 1: Trick Shot
    Get the opponent in a good position and show off
    *Visual: Hawkeye uppercuts the opponent, then does a sweep kick to leg, does a backflip and fires an arrow (4 hits)*

Special 2: Mid-Air Lucky Shots
    Get the opponent suspended and show off by firing two hard to hit shots
    *Visual: Hawkeye strikes the opponent with his bow twice, then kicks the opponent into the air and firing two arrows at them*

Special 3: The Marksman's Perpetual Precision
    You may think he missed, but that's what he wants you to think
    *Visual: Hawkeye readies two arrows and fires them both at the opponent, however he "misses", one arrow gets stuck to the wall while the other ricochets away. The opponent laughs and starts taunting the Hawkeye. The arrow in the wall then detonates, blowing the opponent forward, then the other arrow ricochets towards the opponent and then Hawkeye does a backflip and fires an explosive arrow to be hit by the rogue arrow, which creates a massive explosion* *yeah I know it's a mouthfull*

Signature Ability: Hemorrhage

Hawkeye's aim targets the weak points and the high damage points causing a Hemorrhage

When using an arrow attack, that attack has a 25% (Max 40%) chance to cause a hemorrhage, inflicting a bleed that does 60% (Max 80%) of your attack as direct damage over 20 seconds. If a trick arrow was armed, the duration of the debuffs inflicted by the trick arrow doubles and the side effects and damage increase by 15% (Max 35%)

Synergies

Dark Reflections
    Unique Synergy with Ronin

Ronin: Whenever Ronin gets one Cruelty, he has 30% chance to gain another
    Hawkeye: The maximum amount of trick arrows raises to 5

More Than Just Friends
    Unique Synergy with Black Widow

Black Widow: Whenever Black Widow triggers a Special 3, inflict a Shock Debuff on the opponent dealing 60% of your damage as energy damage
    Hawkeye: Trick Arrows are 10% more likely to trigger a critical hit

Unlikely Allies
    Unique Synergy with Ant-Man

Ant-Man: Special 1 and 3 inflict an armour break on the opponent, lowering their armour by 30% for 5 seconds
    Hawkeye: Hemorrhages are 10% more likely to trigger

A Worthy Leader
    Unique Synergy with Captain America (Classic/WWII and IW)

Captain America (Classic): Landing a Perfect Block inflicts an Armour Break on the opponent reducing their armour by 60%
    Captain America (IW): The chance to glance an attack is raised by 15%
    Hawkeye: Arrow attacks have an additional 20% to ignore evasion

Feedback is always welcome
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Any champ from 2014 who hasn't already been fixed! So much distance in points and power between then and now...Black Widow for one!
  • Boilingsi_siBoilingsi_si Posts: 37
    I would really love iron fist immortal to have the ability to stun on heavy attacks and true strike from specials. He just looks so cool that I just hate him to have such bad abilities. Please make him better
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Some suggestions on how to improve the following totally worthless champs in the 6* pool

Antman - make SP1/SP2 have an 70% chance to stun for 3 seconds, SP3 100% chance to stun for 4 seconds
    Blackbolt - make 80% chance to stun 90%
    Cyclops - make all specials have residual incinerate damage (similar to Mephisto's SP1)
    Daredevil (og) - make all special attacks have armor break (similar to Iron Fist)
    Hulkbuster - increase health by 20%, start the attack with an armor similar to Killmonger's Vibramium armor
    Iron Fist - increase 55% chance armor break to 90%
    Juggernaut - change heavy attack stagger to stun, increase 11% chance to gain fury buff to 30%
    Karnak - make True Strike last until he gets hit
    Loki - make him cold/coldsnap immune, add to his SP2 reduce enemy power by one bar
    Magneto - increase passive metal wielding enemies accuracy reduction to 70%
    Phoenix - Double the incinerate damage from 42.6 to 85+ over 10 seconds instead of 6.
    Psylocke - SP1 removes 1.5 bars of power instead of 1
    Rhino - Increase base health by 20%, every 5 combo gain attack increase similar to Star Lord's special (cap at 300)
    Rocket - make SP1 unblockable
    Thor (JF) - make chance to stun from 21% to 40%
    Storm - Increase special attacks chance to stun from 60% to 80%, make her shock resistant (won't take much damage from attack the likes of Electro)

Please do something about these champs in the 6* pool that's just useful in arena.