**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Being banned for traveling

If I travel to another country, can I still log into MCOC? I didn't think this would be a problem until one of my alliance mates was banned for doing just this. He was traveling and he himself (nobody else) logged into the game from the various countries that he was traveling, and he was just banned with this recent update. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I email support before I travel to let them know in advance?

Comments

• Op I have plenty of alliances members that travel on an almost weekly basis through work or pleasure , take your pick. None of them have been "banned" for this as they don't break the ToS set out by kabam.
    If there was suspicious activity for example you log in on your device in uk at 8pm and at 9pm your account is logged into let's say from California then it's obvious there's and issue that needs addressing . But you should be fine with what you explained .

I will say that using and android at home and using an iOS at work miles away WILL look suspicious ( account sharing etc) and know lads that have been banned for a week for this but the same lads proved ( through emails and shot s of their devices etc ) that they were not cheating and have had their accounts opened back up with login rewards given out for their abscence .

In short , if your truly legit kabam will see that they've made a genuine mistake and rectify the issue accordingly.
  • RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    Kabam was pretty heavy handed with these recent bans. I made it through though (wiping sweat from forehead). They banned too many people to have investigated each one individually. They looked for certain consistencies between players, and then banned those players. I am convinced that many were wrongfully banned. Unfortunately, their only recourse is to attempt to deal with the support team, which I'm pretty sure is just an automated response, so will not amount to anything.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Rbvojtik wrote: »
    Kabam was pretty heavy handed with these recent bans. I made it through though (wiping sweat from forehead). They banned too many people to have investigated each one individually. They looked for certain consistencies between players, and then banned those players. I am convinced that many were wrongfully banned. Unfortunately, their only recourse is to attempt to deal with the support team, which I'm pretty sure is just an automated response, so will not amount to anything.

Yes, they look for certain consistencies. But those consistencies they look for are completely impossible to accomplish within the game. Many were not wrongfully banned, they lie about it to save face or they hope to get it overturned. I have yet to see a single person that did everything legit and still got banned.
    edited August 2017

Yes, they look for certain consistencies. But those consistencies they look for are completely impossible to accomplish within the game. Many were not wrongfully banned, they lie about it to save face or they hope to get it overturned. I have yet to see a single person that did everything legit and still got banned.

Really, you're just taking kabam's word for it. You don't have personal knowledge about whether anyone was doing everything legit, or breaking the rules (granted, I don't either). Kabam won't even tell the banned players what rules were broken, they just have some automated message in game, then from their "support" team. I know a few people, and have seen a decent amount in line message rooms, that have been playing over two years and were banned without explanation. I trust a lot of them more than I trust Kabam.

This is such a shady company; I can't believe nobody's filed a class action against them yet.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★

How would you know? Stop with the assumptions.
  • How do they even know if you've cheated? Do they simply look at accounts that have classic ultron but don't have the means to complete LOL?
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Sorry, but in the history of this game I have NEVER seen anyone banned incorrectly. I've seen people say they are innocent, but after asking for details, their story is always full of holes.

Kabam is 100% NOT banning for no reason. If you see someone banned they have 100% broken a rule.
    Ok fellas, have fun with your conspiracy theories. Players that "never cheated" did something or had someone access their account that used a mod. They almost always admit it after they accept the ban won't be overturned. Trust your friends if you want, but there's absolutely no sense in Kabam removing paying players that did nothing wrong.
    Dropfaith wrote: »

Really, you're just taking kabam's word for it. You don't have personal knowledge about whether anyone was doing everything legit, or breaking the rules (granted, I don't either). Kabam won't even tell the banned players what rules were broken, they just have some automated message in game, then from their "support" team. I know a few people, and have seen a decent amount in line message rooms, that have been playing over two years and were banned without explanation. I trust a lot of them more than I trust Kabam.

This is such a shady company; I can't believe nobody's filed a class action against them yet.

Haha really your taking random strangers word for it on line app?

No. A few I've known for years. Way to be dismissive though. After the rest of you play for a while, you'll become disenfranchised with Kabam and stop defending them. We all start out as defenders. Then, as time goes, you realize how crooked and shady this company is.

No. A few I've known for years. Way to be dismissive though. After the rest of you play for a while, you'll become disenfranchised with Kabam and stop defending them. We all start out as defenders. Then, as time goes, you realize how crooked and shady this company is.

Been playing long enough to get there. They do a lot of things that we don't agree with, but they aren't out to get specific players for no reason. To believe otherwise is just the personal bias that can be seen in your comment. Your personal feelings are yours, but spreading misinformation is pointless. There's enough conspiracy theories already out there, more aren't needed.
    edited August 2017

Been playing long enough to get there. They do a lot of things that we don't agree with, but they aren't out to get specific players for no reason. To believe otherwise is just the personal bias that can be seen in your comment. Your personal feelings are yours, but spreading misinformation is pointless. There's enough conspiracy theories already out there, more aren't needed.

To reiterate, you don't have PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE about any of these facts, only what Kabam has told you. Kabam won't actually inform the players banned about what rules they broke. Those are absolute facts. Don't give me **** about misinformation when you are just repeating the standard phrase issued by Kabam, which has as much credibility as the Trump administration. How many of the thousands of people banned do you think were individually investigated? They weren't. Kabam issued the bans based on general patterns. When that happens, there are innocent people that get banned.
    edited August 2017
    F**ktards. This is why I don't log on to the forum anymore.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    If I travel to another country, can I still log into MCOC? I didn't think this would be a problem until one of my alliance mates was banned for doing just this. He was traveling and he himself (nobody else) logged into the game from the various countries that he was traveling, and he was just banned with this recent update. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I email support before I travel to let them know in advance?

I travel for work all the time, to other countries and within the United States, I play every day so nope can't get banned for that. I also use multiple devices while traveling to play because sometimes a battery is low.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★

To reiterate, you don't have PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE about any of these facts, only what Kabam has told you. Kabam won't actually inform the players banned about what rules they broke. Those are absolute facts. Don't give me **** about misinformation when you are just repeating the standard phrase issued by Kabam, which has as much credibility as the Trump administration. How many of the thousands of people banned do you think were individually investigated? They weren't. Kabam issued the bans based on general patterns. When that happens, there are innocent people that get banned.

Can you prove this statement? If not, then it's about as valid as the ones you are disparaging.

Bye, Felicia.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    1) The stated reason they were banned is they violated the rules/TOS
    2) Some times this takes investigations. Other times it can be automated by simply checking for modified client files or game data.
    3)You have no idea how long Kabam has been working on the ban list, it could be months or a year.
    4)Laugh.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★

You keep saying that we don't have "personal knowledge" about this and the we're making assumptions. You are doing that exact thing as well. You don't know for sure how they do it either. You're getting in your feelings because you can't stand the idea of being wrong and you're taking it personally. You have no evidence for your claims other than that you trust those players. If you want to look at it logically, there is no merit to Kabam for unjustly banning players. Yes, Kabam does shady **** if you subscribe to the conspiracy theories, but even if that's what you believe, each "shady" thing they do could profit them in some way. Please tell me how they would profit from banning players for no reason.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    So 2 different people in this discussion mentioned that they know of people who were wrongfully banned. I'm open minded enough to consider this a possibility. One said that some actually got their accounts back.

The proof is in the pudding, anyone here been banned but later got the ban uplifted after a more careful investigation? This would change our discussion entirely. (Or is there someone who has been banned even though s/he has not violated any of the tos?)
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Best conspiracy thread since the guy who said champs that you get are determined by location weather and temp
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    Best conspiracy thread since the guy who said champs that you get are determined by location weather and temp

I need to look into this theory. It couldn't get any worse.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    I've never heard of anyone being banned for traveling, and I have a few alliances members who do the same and have not been banned yet. If your device says it's located in the us and you're account is being accessed by someone in a different country then it becomes pretty obvious

Most of the bans were completely justified for one reason or another, if you cheat, hack, mod, share your account, give out your account information, hire people to beat rol and lol then you're going to get banned.

Some of the bans might not be justified but those people have to go through support to address and try to get kabam to overturn them which is pain in the ass.

There's been plenty of things that are shady about kabam and plenty of things that I and others don't agree with but if you violate their terms of service then you're going to get banned especially if it's really noticable.
  • HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    edited August 2017
    Op I have plenty of alliances members that travel on an almost weekly basis through work or pleasure , take your pick. None of them have been "banned" for this as they don't break the ToS set out by kabam.
    If there was suspicious activity for example you log in on your device in uk at 8pm and at 9pm your account is logged into let's say from California then it's obvious there's and issue that needs addressing . But you should be fine with what you explained .

I will say that using and android at home and using an iOS at work miles away WILL look suspicious ( account sharing etc) and know lads that have been banned for a week for this but the same lads proved ( through emails and shot s of their devices etc ) that they were not cheating and have had their accounts opened back up with login rewards given out for their abscence .

In short , if your truly legit kabam will see that they've made a genuine mistake and rectify the issue accordingly.

I wonder about that. At work I play on company Wifi which uses a VPN, when I was on vacation in China I used VPN since it was needed to even get Line to work properly, so my location is jumping around quite a lot during the day, while on vacation sometimes even during one session when I have to switch a VPN to a working one.
    And as it's been stated on forums before, using VPNs is not against the ToS.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    i like conspiracy theories

Whoops, looks like I triggered the snowflake :)

You're right, I can't prove what I said is right. And while there's a lot I would question about Kabam's strategies, I believe this one. A lot of cheaters show up, they get banned, then we stop seeing cheating (on a large scale) for a while. It's cyclical, cheats and mods will come back again and people will cry about being unfairly banned again. I'm not saying your friend cheated or even knew about cheating on his account, but someone that cheated used his account and now he's banned.

And frankly, I don't care if they hit a couple false positives. They removed a lot of legit cheaters from the game, I would feel bad for anyone falsely accused but I don't think many can claim they have NEVER violated ToS in any way.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★

Most of the bans were completely justified ...

Some of the bans might not be justified ...

... if you violate their terms of service then you're going to get banned especially if it's really noticable.

So I am not concerned with the first and third statements. They don't affect me bc I abide by the tos.

My concern is the 2nd one. Are there people who have been wrongfully banned? This is the crux of the issue. Bc if so then I probably won't log in while traveling bc I don't want an indefinite amount of down time--i might get kicked from my alliance, lose out on greater rewards, etc. Sure I might get my account back but after how long? This to me is what I'm concerned about. If the 2md statement does not exist in reality then I'm fine.
  • AngelLordAngelLord Posts: 62
    I travel for work...not been banned....I generally use 2 different devices no matter where I am (my phone and my tablet) however, these have changed often...I used an iphone 7 for a week while my Galaxy S7 was being repaired...then the company repairing my 7 sent me an 8 and I am on the 8 now...all this while I traveled...it is pretty simple for them to see that you use device A both in your home state (where you log in mostly) as well as wherever you are...and occasionally use device B...and then switch to device C (because that is now how you consistently log in)....it's all in the logs. They can also see what has been accomplished and when...if traditionally you log in on device A...and then suddenly log in on device B that is both in a different area as well as you suddenly finish Act 4 where previously you hadn't...and then you log into device A again back in your home area....THAT is suspicious activity and may warrant a ban.

I had a "friend" (on-line) who was also "banned unfairly" a year ago who recently (within the last couple weeks) came back on line and told us about the game he has been playing for the last year....and admitted...he had indeed cheated back when he was banned from MCOC.

Most of the bans were completely justified ...

Some of the bans might not be justified ...

... if you violate their terms of service then you're going to get banned especially if it's really noticable.

So I am not concerned with the first and third statements. They don't affect me bc I abide by the tos.

My concern is the 2nd one. Are there people who have been wrongfully banned? This is the crux of the issue. Bc if so then I probably won't log in while traveling bc I don't want an indefinite amount of down time--i might get kicked from my alliance, lose out on greater rewards, etc. Sure I might get my account back but after how long? This to me is what I'm concerned about. If the 2md statement does not exist in reality then I'm fine.

The second statement is what the rest of us are talking about. However most of us have a natural bias to automatically assume anyone saying they were wrongfully banned are liars, I'm guilty of this. Kabam will say they do NOT ban without sufficient proof, but won't provide said proof. And then others have friends who say they were unfairly banned and Kabam misses on some and doesn't care.

You won't get a definitive answer on this question here. Based on your descriptions though, I think you should have no concerns.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Purveyor wrote: »

I only open crystals on rainy days in the bathroom.. hasn't helped either narrowing down the perfect method if we band together
    Purveyor wrote: »

Oh it gets so much better should've seen the bird man one
    ......username checks out
This discussion has been closed.