**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Awakening Gem exchange needed

Y’all somewhat fixed the class catalyst issue with an exchange. This is beyond depressing. We finish the content you give us only to keep getting the same gems. I literally don’t want to open my crystals for fear of getting the same unusable gems. How are all the 2015 gems you get tech??? Beyond cruel @Kabam Miike

Comments

• SwainbeatsSwainbeats Posts: 21
    My last gems have been Mystic, Mystic, Mutant, Mystic, Mutant, Mystic. 🤬
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Wanted*
  • Tanz0rTanz0r Posts: 33
    Right swapping 3 gems for one is worth it
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I'll never understand for the life of me why people sit on stacks of Gems, waiting for the perfect options. If you have a number of them, use some of them at least. Lol.
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

I'll never understand for the life of me why people sit on stacks of Gems, waiting for the perfect options. If you have a number of them, use some of them at least. Lol.

If I'm not willing to r4 someone no way I'm using a gem on them.
    I'm just saying I don't understand the logic in being so critical of Champs that people would amass numerous Gems of Classes, waiting for the God Tier Champs. Resources like this are meant to be used.
    Rare resource is meant to be valued and not wasted tho too. I mean I had 5 cosmic 5 star gems you think I'm gonna drop 1 into Kamala Khan just because she was my only not awake 5 cosmic? I'll pass
    There's rare, and then there's useless. If it sits in an Inventory for months, if not years, then it's useless. If someone had 5, I would consider it illogical not to use one or two. Lol.
    Resources are only as valuable as you use them. I can understand saving because people have certain Champs in mind, but if they have many and won't use them on principle, I call that a stubborn waste. Lol. No offense to anyone.
    All I'm saying is having many of something makes it much less rare. How people spend their Resources is up to them. I just don't share the same perspective is all. If I had 4 or 5, I would find some option to use one on because, I have more. What we see is these things will sit for months and months, and people often complain there are no good Champs to use them on. I'd find something.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Resources are only as valuable as you use them. I can understand saving because people have certain Champs in mind, but if they have many and won't use them on principle, I call that a stubborn waste. Lol. No offense to anyone.

I agree with you in the sense that it isn't helping you in your inventory. I used a mutant gem on Emma even though she doesn't really need it. Maybe I'll regret it if I pull a mutant who needs it more but I was ranking her and I'm at least getting prestige and some utility from her awakened ability. But if I'm only going to use a champ in the arena then the gem isn't really benefiting me more buy using it then it would be sitting in my inventory. I'll take the potential value over the marginal current value.

I agree with you in the sense that it isn't helping you in your inventory. I used a mutant gem on Emma even though she doesn't really need it. Maybe I'll regret it if I pull a mutant who needs it more but I was ranking her and I'm at least getting prestige and some utility from her awakened ability. But if I'm only going to use a champ in the arena then the gem isn't really benefiting me more buy using it then it would be sitting in my inventory. I'll take the potential value over the marginal current value.
    If you only have one, that's a bit different. If you have a number, you can afford to use it on a "Second-Class Citizen". XD
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    I'd love to see the OP's 5* mystic options, if any.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    It's kabams fault but at least they are trying to buff older champs

2018-2019, we saw the rise in over powered champs that make older champs somewhat stupid to even use. Power creep or whatever they call it

I'd like to see a means of awakening gem exchange tho. And it probably won't be 3 for 1 like the t4cc

If you only have one, that's a bit different. If you have a number, you can afford to use it on a "Second-Class Citizen". XD
    Sure but only if I am taking them to R4. I have 3 cosmic gems right now. Most of my cosmic champs are awakened but I have an unduped Proxima, Carnage, Drax and Groot. There is zero chance I'll use one on Drax or Groot unless they get buffed. If I have a reason to rank Proxima or Carnage I'd use one of my gems but as long as they are sitting at r2 or r3 I don't see the point.
    So far I have used a skill gem, a cosmic, two mutants, a mystic, and a generic. Still have a generic, two tech, and three cosmic. My first ever gem was one of the techs, so I'm fine with saving it for ages or using them when it makes sense. Not going to use it just to use it though.

Sure but only if I am taking them to R4. I have 3 cosmic gems right now. Most of my cosmic champs are awakened but I have an unduped Proxima, Carnage, Drax and Groot. There is zero chance I'll use one on Drax or Groot unless they get buffed. If I have a reason to rank Proxima or Carnage I'd use one of my gems but as long as they are sitting at r2 or r3 I don't see the point.
    I'd definitely use one on Proxima.

So far I have used a skill gem, a cosmic, two mutants, a mystic, and a generic. Still have a generic, two tech, and three cosmic. My first ever gem was one of the techs, so I'm fine with saving it for ages or using them when it makes sense. Not going to use it just to use it though.

All I'm saying is, there are options. Some people would hold on to them like Rottweilers, and they'd never get used. Just seems like a much bigger waste than actually using them.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★

Drooped2 said:

I'm just saying I don't understand the logic in being so critical of Champs that people would amass numerous Gems of Classes, waiting for the God Tier Champs. Resources like this are meant to be used.
    Awakening gems and champions WORTHY of them so rare that players have no choice but to wait since 85% of champions are arena fodder. The game is designed so that if you want to progress you have to set your sights on the right tools and rank them up as much as possible.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Rare resource is meant to be valued and not wasted tho too. I mean I had 5 cosmic 5 star gems you think I'm gonna drop 1 into Kamala Khan just because she was my only not awake 5 cosmic? I'll pass
    There's rare, and then there's useless. If it sits in an Inventory for months, if not years, then it's useless. If someone had 5, I would consider it illogical not to use one or two. Lol.
    In many cases it's better to let your gem collect dust and use it on a good future champ then throwing it away on someone who's only use is arena.

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

In many cases it's better to let your gem collect dust and use it on a good future champ then throwing it away on someone who's only use is arena.
    The number of Champs that people consider worthy is entirely too low, in my opinion. As for the example in this conversation, letting them sit and collect dust when you have a number of the same Class is senseless. If they sit in your Inventory indefinitely, then they really ARE useless. People are too picky when it comes to Champs. These things are meant to be used. The amount of effort that it takes to get a Gem, you think people would want to use them. Saving them for Champs in mind is one thing. Saving them because you think 85% of the Champs are worthless suggests perhaps there's too much of a critical attitude towards Champs.
    In any case, what people decide is their choice. I just think it's a waste not to use them unless it's on a short list of Champs that everyone says is worthy. You could spend your entire career never using them. Lol.

In any case, what people decide is their choice. I just think it's a waste not to use them unless it's on a short list of Champs that everyone says is worthy. You could spend your entire career never using them. Lol.

Again, I don't disagree that never using it provides no value. What you aren't dealing with is the fact that using it on a champ that you don't need provides no real value either. The potential value of awakening a good champ is worth the risk of wasting it on a champ that won't actually help you.

Again, I don't disagree that never using it provides no value. What you aren't dealing with is the fact that using it on a champ that you don't need provides no real value either. The potential value of awakening a good champ is worth the risk of wasting it on a champ that won't actually help you.
    Define need. Content comes in all the time that requires a varied Roster. Let's be honest here. If it's not the usual God Tier, people don't bother with it. Only there's more outside of that short list that have a great deal of potential and uses. They're just not on that "best" list. Yet here we are with people having Inventories that are piling up, some cases for arguments of overflow, and the response is the same. Champs are trash. I think a shift in perspective is not an unreasonable suggestion. You can't deny that people are too closed-minded when it comes to the Champs that other people aren't Ranking. The use of a Gem on a less-than-optimal Champ when you have many of the same Class is not a waste. What's the use of them if they're going to pile up in Stashes?
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I will definitely hang onto my gems as long as possible. I have had a cosmic gem since Thanksgiving. Also, have unawakened Medusa, Hype, Corvus, and Proxima. The gem is/was meant for Medusa, but she is better for Variant unawakened. So, I held. Just finished Variant #1.

In the meantime, I naturally duped Hype. He’s soooo good awakened. :-)

I’ve been going for featureds for the last couple months, and Medusa happens to be in this one, so I may as well wait.

Pulled Thing last night from my first one of this batch. Pretty sweet. If I dupe Medusa, then I can give the gem to Corvus.

So, many great new champs coming out, and more 5* shards available with each passing day.

I use resources when I need to.

Let’s say Silver Surfer drops soon, and I still have my cosmic gem. Yes, sir. I’ll be glad I do.

I’m not planning on quitting the game anytime soon, so I’ll stick those gems in my pocket.

That’s part of what makes the game great though. There’s skill in resource management and ranking decisions. This makes a big difference.

You can definitely use the strategy you think is wisest, and I’ll do the same.
    My point wasn't really about someone who has one or two of each Class, more with people stacking 4, 5, etc. Honestly, it's really up to people what they do with their Resources. I just think one of the side-effects of so much hype with the best Champs is people are so blasé about the rest. It's that all-or-nothing approach that is extremely limiting. They're either called worth it, or garbage. People miss a great deal by looking at things that way, and if they're willing to let a surplus sit there for months on end just because they call the rest of the Champs trash, that might stand to be reexamined.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Yeah, if I had three or more of the same class, I’m sure I’d be more inclined. Then again, you never know who is gonna get a buff! Might as well hang for a couple months and see.
  • SwainbeatsSwainbeats Posts: 21

All I'm saying is having many of something makes it much less rare. How people spend their Resources is up to them. I just don't share the same perspective is all. If I had 4 or 5, I would find some option to use one on because, I have more. What we see is these things will sit for months and months, and people often complain there are no good Champs to use them on. I'd find something.

Your point is valid if it was about not having good champs to use it on. It’s about getting the same gems over and over. Mystic is by far my weakest class and I keep getting Mystic ****. Who am I gonna to awaken Juggernaut? Thor Jane Foster. Maybe Iron fist? It’s like this game knows what you need and gives you the opposite. I have been trying to awaken Void for the past 5 events. I would have been satisfied with anything else but Mystic or mutant. We spend resources and money to get through these events, only to be rewarded with the same thing you already have. And then it happens again. And again. That’s not satisfying. Even if the next round of champs are all Mystic, I don’t need 3 mystic awakening gems. They don’t want you to hoard but they give you no choice