**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fix backdraft intercepts already

Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
Or acknowledge it as a 'bug' that was never intended from the start. It would however, I think, ruin a basic game mechanic that has been there for years now.

To give some background info - the idea of a backdraft intercept has 2 kinds. First, where you wall bounce an enemy against the wall using a MLLL combo, back dash, wait a split second and then dash forward with a medium to land an intercept on an enemy. Second, where you not necessarily have the enemy against the wall, but you do a MLLL combo on the enemy, back dash and then immediately launch a light attack, which will connect with the enemy if they dash towards you. Both are broken currently. Currently, our champs are reacting too slowly and/or the enemy is reacting too fast such that pretty much the moment we dash back, we are hit by the enemy, before we can initiate the relevant attack movement - either medium or light attack, as the case may be.

This needs to be fixed. It was a core mechanic that rendered certain champs extremely useful, eg Magik with her power lock and wall bounce. Defenders were built to counter this mechanic, so theres no issue of saying that this is 'game breaking'. I also cannot imagine that it was "never intended" since there are literally hundreds of videos out there of this tactic being used. In fact I am sure that this very tactic was used in at least a couple of fights at the New York Comic Con competitions where the fights were watched by Kabam employees themselves and played on a big screen. So Kabam has had notice of this mechanic since years now.

More fundamentally, the removal of this game mechanic introduces an unexpected level of difficulty in this game. We have, among other things, stun immune, debuff immune, unblockable attacks, all of which require players to intercept more and more. That has been the direction of the end-game content in recent months. To now take away the ability to do backdraft intercept would mean that all these nodes would have to be reassessed, otherwise they would have become fundamentally more difficult than intended at the time.

This is urgent, please acknowledge this as a problem and include it in the list of known issues asap.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    xNig said:
    How do you do that becasse when I’m use that a lot in a row it like it just get stuck in the same time but oh we’ll migt be becasse I’m hav got drop input one my iPhone XS max
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I’m using an iPhone 8.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

xNig said:
    How do you do that becasse when I’m use that a lot in a row it like it just get stuck in the same time but oh we’ll migt be becasse I’m hav got drop input one my iPhone XS max
    Don’t take it for granted that the opponent will dash you like before. If you just follow muscle memory you will get tripped.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Im using that a lot lately because playing hawkeye and it works fine for me, just like xNig said don't do that mechanicaly from memory, rather watch enemy and react when you know that hes actually dashing forward, else he might pause for a moment before doing so and you will get cucked

Im using that a lot lately because playing hawkeye and it works fine for me, just like xNig said don't do that mechanicaly from memory, rather watch enemy and react when you know that hes actually dashing forward, else he might pause for a moment before doing so and you will get cucked

When I’m trying it it just freezes and I’m end op get hit mabye it just lag spike with make it harder
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    That video is exactly how it used to be like before. Follow the exact same timing now and the enemy hits me just as I'm at the end of my back dash. Enemy has gotten faster, or my back dash has gotten slower/longer with more touch-input delay at the end.

Hi all,

We are investigating an issue with backdraft intercept but don't have any additional information to share at this time. We'll update you when we do!

Thanks @Kabam Lyra , that's heartening to hear. Should it not be added to the list of known issues though? I note that you have not confirmed it as a bug yet, but that list also includes a litany of issues that are still "under investigation". Adding this to the list will help ensure we have a comprehensive set of known issues that the team is looking into, so that a similar thread like this does not pop up again in 3 days time or so.
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 265 ★★★
    I believe it is still is broken currently. Had a sentinel in AQ by the wall with 0 power blocking. Medium + light into dash back and dash in resulted in getting clipped.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Still broken, getting ridiculous. Nothing works right
    It seems fine for me iPhone cs max here
    Consider yourself lucky, Note 9 and haven't been able to do it since 22.0 update.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Backdraft intercept is not fixed in 23.0.1. iPhone XS. It works sometimes but not all the time, and the AI is still able to dash in the instant you dash back leaving you unable to react. This current patch is not alliance war season ready, please consider delaying season 9 until it is.
  • _VEGETA__VEGETA_ Posts: 24
    Its champion specific, guy above posted a video with corvus who has one of the slowest dash attacks on the game, and Magik, one of the easiest to backdraft intercept with. If we take someone like Iceman for your attacker and lets say Luke Cage as a defender for example, the results may be different.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

Backdraft intercept is not fixed in 23.0.1. iPhone XS. It works sometimes but not all the time, and the AI is still able to dash in the instant you dash back leaving you unable to react. This current patch is not alliance war season ready, please consider delaying season 9 until it is.

Especially when dex isnt showing up i am considering dropping the game
    I can not backdraft with any champ. So you are incorrect in your assumptions as to what others are experiencing. I use my R5 Iceman a lot. I cannot backdraft with him or anyone. I can not wall intercept with Magik or Vision either. Was never a problem before 22.0 update. New update has fixed nothing.

I can't beat Rulk in LOL with my R5 SL the way I used to. A huge part of my LOL easy path clear was done by backdrafting. SL can not backdraft. I get wrecked every time I attempt it now.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Can confirm v23.0.1 did not fix this. It improved the situation a little bit but we are still seeing the problem on pretty much the same scale as in v22.

Main change from v22 is the AI dashing in extremely quick after your dash back that is not diving you any time to counter
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    How did it manage to get worse after the hotfix? Its more broken than ever now.
  • RebarkRebark Posts: 342 ★★★
    still not working here
    Iphone 8 Plus
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    In an attempt to at least land a backdraft intercept, I focused on swiping back and foward again as fast as I could as opposed to swiping timeously based on opponent movement... I could not land a single intercept against Nameless Thanos.
    His recovery time and foward dash speed looks out of sorts. Much too quick.
    I use a Samsung S10+ btw.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/E9h-bL9Oq8A

I thought it was fixed? I can’t consistently backdraft intercept, I get clipped most of the time now.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

https://youtu.be/E9h-bL9Oq8A

I thought it was fixed? I can’t consistently backdraft intercept, I get clipped most of the time now.

That happens alot and i experienced it in AW today
    I'm sorry, but this is just getting stupid. You have to intercept this months boss, but I can't intercept! Some people are not having this issue, but many are. Will it be fixed before the month is over?
  • I do have a workaround until or even if it will be fixed ever.

Simply use a light attack after you dash back

This only works if you are attacking blocking enemies and only if you dash back after the fourth hit.

If you don't attack blocking enemies, backdraft intercepts are still working as before.
    Just fough Thanos and he is especially bugged regarding the backdraft technique
This discussion has been closed.