**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why I don't do dungeons

CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
How many people are actually running dungeons?

I never do them. When they first came out I thought it was a really fun and cool new addition. However, in practice the rewards make the activity completely pointless. Risk/reward is waaaay too high. Why do all that work for the likelihood that you will only add 1 mere signature point to an already useless champ in your roster?

At the very least the dungeon crystals should reward a full dupe and not just a basic champ. Otherwise I can't find the slightest compelling reason to even try.

Anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Was doing dungeons to pull domino but instead got KK 😂😂😂
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    Dungeon crystals do offer a full dupe now (they changed that in the second iteration). I still do them, though not every set, and very much enjoy them. Part of what I like is if life gets in the way and I miss a set, it doesn’t hurt anything, just do the next one
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★

Dungeon crystals do offer a full dupe now (they changed that in the second iteration). I still do them, though not every set, and very much enjoy them. Part of what I like is if life gets in the way and I miss a set, it doesn’t hurt anything, just do the next one

I did not know this. OK well this is a step in the right direction I suppose...
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I still do them, but since I’m retired from AQ and AW , I have a lot more time. I don’t care for the recent increase in refresh timers at all. It doesn’t help that I see some load times, lag and people getting locked out of a dungeon here and there.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    CammonRo said:

How many people are actually running dungeons?

I never do them. When they first came out I thought it was a really fun and cool new addition. However, in practice the rewards make the activity completely pointless. Risk/reward is waaaay too high. Why do all that work for the likelihood that you will only add 1 mere signature point to an already useless champ in your roster?

At the very least the dungeon crystals should reward a full dupe and not just a basic champ. Otherwise I can't find the slightest compelling reason to even try.

Anyone else feel this way?

Too high risk/reward? What risk is there? They're pretty simple to complete milestones in one run, take zero energy, and give you a 1/10 chance at a champ you want.

Pretty straightforward decent to me. I haven't gotten any champ I was going for specifically from a crystal as of yet but it's something at least. Just takes a bit of time every few days.

Hardest was finding a reliable partner but once you do that, it's cake
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Well if the champs are full dupes that changes my perspective slightly. But like everything in the game it's time consuming. So the risk is whether that time is worth spending - time that could be spent doing something else. We all choose to use our time the way we want though of course.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    My problem with dungeons are

1) it takes too long to get a crystal
    2) the crystals are mostly trash pulls I would like to see 3-4 good champs in every batch not 1-2. Also this iteration is prolly the worst yet only 1/10 for get a good champs outta this batch
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I never really got into dungeons. No time or desire to do them
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Plus once you get to the later stages you can get some tough nodes which is good practice for difficult content
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    What would you rather have 1/10 chance to pull a champ you want? Or 1/90 of the exact champ you want? You also have a better chance at having those 10 champs in the crystal and that’s a higher chance dupe of something in that crystal. The choice of whatever crystal you want beats out 10k any day. The plus side to the 10k is you get about 2-3 of those a month. Compared to dungeon is 2 per iteration of those crystals in 3 months.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Honestly, I don’t enjoy them. I find my time is much better spent in arena. I haven’t tried the most recent iterations but I certainly have a negative impression of them
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    My first and only dungeon crystal, I thought i was gonna love. Only one champ I didn't want and already had duped. I thought that would give me a 90% chance of getting one of the 9 champs I would be happy with and I wouldn't get that 1 champ I didnt want.?.?. Right???? Wrong!!!! I got the one champ I absolutely didn't want. Got 1 crappy sig level on Beast, a champ who was easily the worst in game in my opinion. Why did I get that one champ I didn't want, despite the odds being so high against getting that champ?.i won't say my opinion and just leave it at that and never waste my time with dungeons again.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I tried dungeon by myself, main account and second account. It’s doable if I have spare time. Better than trying to find good partner and find time where both parties are free.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I do them every time and I hate them every time. It sucks having to rely on someone else, especially if it's a random player, to get rewards. The dungeon five stars are about 7,000 artifacts too expensive, especially considering most of the champions in them are not good (looking at you 5 star Groot I wasted 27,000 artifacts on).
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    edited April 2019
    I find them very useful to grind gold.
    Faster and more challenging than arenas.