AI staying in Block mode? [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Starlord27Starlord27 Posts: 23
    I’d gone 70% of the fight normal tempo, then this stuff happens, i did a bunch of stuff to test what was going on and this was one of them.

More often than not it let to me being punched in the face as they held block for 5+ seconds and dash in
    Either way I’ve seen nothing like this after 2 years of playing
    I don’t want to be able to get to this stage so it can be exploited = me landing an easy heavy, but it’s just beyond silly now
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 4,698
    Ive never had this happen and I play every day.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 257
    It's happened to me a few times. Not quite as bad as that video though. But I have have definitely had them go into super defensive mode in the corner.

Was frustrating in the brute force lane on the last level of uncollected. And more than a few people are complaining about it.

But if it hasnt happened to you obviously the videos people are posting are faked and all the people complaining, I guess it's just a figment of their imagination.

Given your track record of arguing against anyone who complains about anything in game I would hardly expect you to have a different response
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 1,693
    Master Difficulty
    Thing Mini boss
    He would not stop holding block. Sure, it helped me get him to 15 charges, but I couldn't hurt him much.
  • I’ve noticed the AI being super passive recently.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,114

Ive never had this happen and I play every day.

Yet a video exists showing it does happen. Not sure how your anecdote disproves evidence, but clearly there is a bug in the AI.. if you wanted to go further, you can say it also shows that they are, in fact, tweaking the AI without telling us. Not that they have to.. obviously.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 974
    Haven’t seen it stay like that for that long, sometime only for a few seconds.
    So instead of interacting with it (hit into his block, or heavy him), you thought why not prolong the situation and make a cool video of it being stuck for as long as you could drag it out ?
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 207
    I got to say that the AI, acts totally differently after the last update.

Harder to bait specials, some parry’s that dont work, lag issues....

Yup definitely something to look at Kabam

Haven’t seen it stay like that for that long, sometime only for a few seconds.
    So instead of interacting with it (hit into his block, or heavy him), you thought why not prolong the situation and make a cool video of it being stuck for as long as you could drag it out ?

Yeah I wanted to see what was going on for however long I could be bothered. Usually they stand still for a long time then all of a sudden they dash in. So I thought the next time it happens I’ll see how long it goes on for...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 16,547
    I haven't seen them stand that long before.
  • Thank you all for the additional information. We've passed it along to be looked in to.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 257

I have not seen this in a thread yet;

Actually it's not a loop. You'll notice that the health stops going up. And even if your right I would not call Modok holding that block for 53 seconds normal
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,526
    Generally the AI after 22.1 has started spending a lot of time in block position ... this is exacerbated in the case of Mordo and results in sp3 to your face .. please fix him also when you are looking at AI behaviours..
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 82
    everyone except night crawler lok
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 380
    Haji_Saab said:

Generally the AI after 22.1 has started spending a lot of time in block position ... this is exacerbated in the case of Mordo and results in sp3 to your face .. please fix him also when you are looking at AI behaviours..

When Mordo has power gain, you're generally safe to heavy him out of it. The AI will very rarely punish you for it. I don't remember the last time Mordo attempted to counter me as I heavied. Again, only while his power gain is up.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,526
    Sixshot1 said:

Haji_Saab said:

When Mordo has power gain, you're generally safe to heavy him out of it. The AI will very rarely punish you for it. I don't remember the last time Mordo attempted to counter me as I heavied. Again, only while his power gain is up.

That is true but when he holds onto his sp2 and just sits in the corner waiting for the power gain phase .. it does push him over to sp3 even if you heavy him quickly (unless you are using sparky)...

Mordo was a non-issue before this update. I've had numerous instances of AI of other champs just holding block for a long period post-22.1. With Mordo, this is lethal. You can test it out on the 1.1 Variant - right side path.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 137
    It's not just Mordo. Many characters now are extremely defensive and hold the specials to L3.
    I see it the most in Arenas.
    Kabam, we can adapt, but this is not fun.
    It is also adding too much time to fights. I have other things I need to do.
  • MikeHockMikeHock Posts: 1,176
    Ive posted about this a few times over the last year or so and shared a few vids from YouTube.

It doesn’t happen that often but it’s happened to me 2 times in the past few days.

Here’s an old vid:

May 2018

• BigbadromoBigbadromo Posts: 18
    Thank you @Kabam Miike and @Kabam Lyra for passing this on to the team.
    Here’s a vid from a few days ago. Modok was frozen in the block position again.

I’ve had this happen vs Modok and IW Iron Man. Others have reported this happening against Heimdall and Darkhawk.

Perhaps this an issue with Auto Block champions?

iPad 6th gen - iOS 12.2
    MCoC 21.1.1
    No boosts

• X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 615
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 292
    PraiseKek said:

Cool, looks like this will resolved in a few hours now that Kabam sees that it benefits players.

If they do, it'll actually be a favour to a lot of the community who have been claiming that the AI is just sitting and holding block and not attacking. It'd be a win for the community to be honest.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 615
    Agreed. Its annoying, like the special 3 run into the fist bug. This was only beneficial this one time for this one specific fight lol
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 476
    When were champs able to taunt well I mean that looks like what omega was doing
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756
    Let's hope they fix this bug
    AI holding block is frustrating especially in fights where there's a timer of degen (bane,brute force)
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,629
    Zuro said:

When were champs able to taunt well I mean that looks like what omega was doing

Some champs hage animations when standing still. Some actually do things, like starky's taunt refresh and sabretooth's fury conversion.

But some don't do anything, like Cap IW, he adjusts his shields and masacre points his bat at the opponent if you stand still