**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The working man with a family gets screwed

2»

Comments

• Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I Grind the Arena. Always Gold. Questing gives Gold, and it's possible to do that on Auto while you take care of other things. It's just about building when you have the time and maintaining a steady flow.

Not sure where you are in game but I am personally ranking 4* to R5 and 5* to r3 weekly or my t4cc expire. Now they are going to start sitting because I can't afford it. The game hasn't improved methods of obtaining gold consistently since beta but have drastically improved he amount of champions you can obtain. It needs to be revamped.

Many people are sitting on millions.

Completely irrelevant. Less people sitting on as much loyalty as I have, or 4*, etc. this would be like me asking to make it harder for people to get more loyalty since I have several hundred thousand.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I Grind the Arena. Always Gold. Questing gives Gold, and it's possible to do that on Auto while you take care of other things. It's just about building when you have the time and maintaining a steady flow.

Not sure where you are in game but I am personally ranking 4* to R5 and 5* to r3 weekly or my t4cc expire. Now they are going to start sitting because I can't afford it. The game hasn't improved methods of obtaining gold consistently since beta but have drastically improved he amount of champions you can obtain. It needs to be revamped.

Completely irrelevant. Less people sitting on as much loyalty as I have, or 4*, etc. this would be like me asking to make it harder for people to get more loyalty since I have several hundred thousand.

Gold is arguably the most available Resource. If you're spending it faster than you can make it, that doesn't mean the game needs restructured. Most people above Level 60 have more than they can use.
  • FineFine Posts: 78
    No worries, you can buy the gold crystal as often you like.

............smh............

Please do quarterly gold quests, thanks!
  • I'd be careful if I was you,

Last time I tried to ask an admin a question which was on topic, not a nasty question, a genuine feedback one asking for information, I got a warning from kabam Ad............ no one.

God forbid we actually want the team to do there job and answer questions lol.

Either way best not to ask and just hope like we all do that gold realm will return
    To be fair, I have no objections to the Gold Realm coming again. I just don't see it as a must, or the result of high demand.

Gold is arguably the most available Resource. If you're spending it faster than you can make it, that doesn't mean the game needs restructured. Most people above Level 60 have more than they can use.

Lol how big of an alliance are you in? Because I'm in in weekly t4cc alliance where MANY people have this problem. I'm talking 300k-500k rated players.
    edited August 2017

Lol how big of an alliance are you in? Because I'm in in weekly t4cc alliance where MANY people have this problem. I'm talking 300k-500k rated players.

We're talking about the entire game, not just one demographic. I've been around a long time. Rarely do I see anyone voicing concerns about Gold at that level. The question is not where I'm at. It's whether there is enough Gold in the game to keep a flow.

We're talking about the entire game, not just one demographic. I've been around a long time. Rarely do I see anyone voicing concerns about Gold at that level. Perhaps you need to look at your own inflow and outflow.

You're not looking hard enough then. There is a gold post on the forums practically weekly. How exactly you want me to respond to your last post is beyond me. I told you I have so many t4cc that they expire if I don't rank a R5 pretty much weekly and that I also do arena. I have all content beat 100% other than LOL (1 run, but not a source of gold anyways). Maybe you should look at your champion inflow.
    edited August 2017

We're talking about the entire game, not just one demographic. I've been around a long time. Rarely do I see anyone voicing concerns about Gold at that level. Perhaps you need to look at your own inflow and outflow.

You're not looking hard enough then. There is a gold post on the forums practically weekly. How exactly you want me to respond to your last post is beyond me. I told you I have so many t4cc that they expire if I don't rank a R5 pretty much weekly and that I also do arena. I have all content beat 100% other than LOL (1 run, but not a source of gold anyways). Maybe you should look at your champion inflow.

First of all, I edited that comment because I knew it would be taken personally. I meant spending habits. I don't care what level you're at or how many T4CC's you get. There's enough Gold to be made. If you're talking about having so many Cats you can't use them, that's a separate imbalance. If you spend it as fast as you make it, there are ways to accommodate for that. Having the Gold Realm to stock mass amounts of Gold with minimal effort is great, but not a necessity.

First of all, I edited that comment because I knew it would be taken personally. I meant spending habits. I don't care what level you're at or how many T4CC's you get. There's enough Gold to be made. If you're talking about having so many Cats you can't use them, that's a separate imbalance. If you spend it as fast as you make it, there are ways to accommodate for that. Having the Gold Realm to stock mass amounts of Gold with minimal effort is great, but not a necessity.

I never asked for gold realm. I want a gold ARENA. Milestones can be 10k-200k as top prize. Considering a R3 5* costs 271k just to rank that's on pace for where this game should be imo. Idk why you assumed I wanted that. Realms would be too op for weekly but a gold arena during cornucopia and maybe a much smaller version of the realm in Sunday's to replace the garbage random cat day is more than reasonable.

I never asked for gold realm. I want a gold ARENA. Milestones can be 10k-200k as top prize. Considering a R3 5* costs 271k just to rank that's on pace for where this game should be imo. Idk why you assumed I wanted that. Realms would be too op for weekly but a gold arena during cornucopia and maybe a much smaller version of the realm in Sunday's to replace the garbage random cat day is more than reasonable.

The Thread is about Gold Realm coming back.

Yeah and I never said in any comment I supported it, only that there are plenty of people low on gold. I've commented on several other threads asking for gold realm saying the same thing. You just insinuated that no one needs gold
    because arena gives enough and I am pointing out that that's totally inaccurate.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited August 2017

Can confirm. I saw a level 80 player with 30 billion gold
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    1ant2 wrote: »
    MyTaffy wrote: »
    Blade34 wrote: »
    I think what the guys was asking for is to reduce the grind. Most of us that have jobs and families know we won't get the top prizes but dang let us earn the 3 stars with major hoops. Over a million is hard for anyone that has a life. Just saying.

They already increased the rewards for casual players like LocoMotives said. It was easier to get stuff than before. You cannot expect to get the same rewards for people who put in more than time and effort than people who only spend few minutes in the game. It is true for all the games.

Im in the same boat work 55 hours a wk have a daughter....i think what he is saying is teying to find a way for people like us to be able to acquire top tier things id b ok with having to buy stuff at reasonable prices...which nothing ever is...just looking for a level playing field and a chance at end game content and very hard to get champs

You will never get it. Kabam doesn't want, and probably the vast majority of players don't ultimately want, a "level playing field" in the way you're describing. This game, like most games of similar nature, are progression-oriented games. The game rewards progress with better rewards, up to a point. When you level, you get rewards. You get a higher energy cap which makes playing the game itself easier and more efficient. Earning champion crystals gets you a larger and stronger roster over time, and larger and stronger rosters also give players significant advantages in the game. Grinding arena gives very significant rewards over time, and the more time you spend doing it, the more rewards you get, the more likely it is that your ability to score points in the arena will increase. That's never, ever going to change. The "top tier" rewards will go to the top tier players.

That doesn't mean the game ignores lower players: far from it. A core design element of almost all F2P games is that it is extremely difficult or expensive to get the top tier rewards FIRST. But those exact same rewards get easier over time to get, and as they get easier, the weaker players or players that spend less time get better shots at the same rewards. Take Hyperion. He was the featured champion back in December, and it took about 13 million points of grinding to get him, and only 400 players got him in each of two arena rounds. He was the basic champ in June, took only about 6 million to get him, and over 12,000 players got him in each round. Captain America WWII took over 9 million to get as the featured champion in January. He took about 3 million to get last week. If you are willing to wait, the effort to get the featured champion drops by over half when it comes around as the basic champ. The grinders are spending enormous time and energy not to get something unique that no one else gets, but just to get it sooner.

And because the average player in the game is getting stronger over time (even as new players enter and others leave) Kabam keeps increasing the average rewards of the game. It is far easier to get 4* and 5* champions today than it was a year ago. Someone starting the game today is going to get far more progress in a year than someone who started a year ago has today. If you are a player that is playing so little time and/or spending so little money on the game that the game starts getting too far ahead of you, the reward structure will just plain pick you up and drag you forward. Someone that plays ten minutes a day is still getting calendar rewards that are higher per day than I was actually *earning* when I first started. And that calendar keeps getting better. How many 5* shards do you think a really strong player might get in a month? Let's say the top players might be getting 20,000 a month - enough for two basic crystals. That's huge. Compared to a casual player that might get 10,000 in a year, that top player is earning 5* champions 24 times faster. But not this month. This month a casual player is going to get 5000 5* shards just for logging in. If they manage to complete only the heroic monthly event, that's another 1000 5* shards. That same monster player that is making 20,000 5* shards a month is now only going to be making about 3.3 times the number of 5* shards as someone who barely plays at all.

The very top players are always going to get stuff faster. They are always going to get stuff sooner. But they don't get anything everyone else doesn't eventually get, given enough time. Eventually, even the slowest players get handed for free what the top players spent a lot of time and money to earn. If you want it, you can go get it now, or you can eventually get it later when it becomes a lot easier to get. You don't need time and you don't need money. But you do need patience. If you don't have time, money, *or* patience, then you won't ever get what you want out of a game like MCOC. Because they are never going to give you a "fair shot" at getting the same things as the top players *at the same time*. It'll be a month later, or six months later, or a year or more later. And personally, I think that's more than fair.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    For those who can't grind. Patience is the key to ranking up. Participating with an alliance that matches your lifestyle/game time helps too. You just can't compete with the "whales" or the ones with a lot of time to play.
    Play for fun and wait for the rewards. Or pay cash. :)
  • HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    Don't worry, every demographic has a part of the game where they get screwed by this game.

Yeah and I never said in any comment I supported it, only that there are plenty of people low on gold. I've commented on several other threads asking for gold realm saying the same thing. You just insinuated that no one needs gold
    because arena gives enough and I am pointing out that that's totally inaccurate.

I said there is enough Gold to be made in-game. I didn't say no one needs it. I said many people have more Gold than they can use. The argument you made was that the design needs to be reexamined. Implying it's a major deficiency. Not the case. People may need Gold, but to imply there is not enough in the game by design is inaccurate.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    JoeyD1020 wrote: »
    @kabammike What are your thoughts on gold real coming back at least once every 2 months. I hear people say just do arenas and complete milestones. Yes that is true and as a high ranking player I know this is the best way to aquire gold but when you work 3 jobs and have 3 kids and a busy life that is not a possibility. I'm sure kabam just doesn't want single un married folk to play there game so please tell me @Kabam Miike what are you doing for the hard working man taking care of his family working 3 jobs who doesn't have time to grind arenas? Thank you

It's this simple. You either need to be a gamer, or you need to be a family man. You can't be both.

I said there is enough Gold to be made in-game. I didn't say no one needs it. I said many people have more Gold than they can use. The argument you made was that the design needs to be reexamined. Implying it's a major deficiency. Not the case. People may need Gold, but to imply there is not enough in the game by design is inaccurate.

What's your proof that many people don't need gold? I can find a weekly gold request in the forum, can you say the same for something to spend gold on?

What's your proof that many people don't need gold? I can find a weekly gold request in the forum, can you say the same for something to spend gold on?

I don't see many Gold Requests at all actually. Occasionally people want the Gold Realm to come back because it's alot of Gold, fast. The argument is arbitrary, so I'm about done. You need Gold, great. That doesn't mean there is a flaw in the design. You've said yourself that you're taking Champs to R5 every week because your T4CC's are about to expire. That takes Gold. More Gold than most go through. I'm not ignorant to the needs of some. When you say the problem is there isn't enough Gold in the game, that's not true. You're not considering the whole picture. Some need Gold. That doesn't mean it's a widespread problem. The majority of Posts asking for Gold are people starting out, because the majority of people I encounter have enough stocked after a while. It's Inflow/Outflow. If you spend it insanely, you have to make it to keep up.