**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Microrealm Variant 2.1 - Power Gain issue

Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
I did a search and couldn't find anything related to Variant 2.1 that wasn't about the boss. If this has been discussed, please point me in the right direction.

The far right path has Fury and Power Gain and is filled with all kinds of enemies who have a means of gaining power on their own (Hyperion, Strange, etc.).

The description of the relevant node is as follows:

Improved Power Gain - Increases all Power this defender receives from Power Gain Effects by 100%

The problem occurs when Void is used. Everywhere else in the game, 2 of Void's Petrify debuffs is enough to halt power gain from the likes of Hyperion and Strange. Once you get Fear of the Void active and you have at least 1 Petrify debuff as well, the power gain from these non-hit sources is reversed.

However, in this particular map, Void is unable to reverse or even full stop the power gain seen by the champs on this path. Even with Fear of the Void and a Petrify debuff, these enemies are still able to gain power.

I have video of this over a number of fights, but didn't want to go through the trouble if this issue can either be readily explained or has otherwise been reported/discussed. Please let me know.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Well, most likely because of the node.
    If the power gain ability of a champion is base of 100%, then increasing it by 100% would be 200%. The petrify debuffs reduce a certain ammount of power based on the base power gain of the champion, and not the modified power gain.
    So you would need at least a 200% potency of a petrify to be able to block the power gain
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Well, most likely because of the node.
    If the power gain ability of a champion is base of 100%, then increasing it by 100% would be 200%. The petrify debuffs reduce a certain ammount of power based on the base power gain of the champion, and not the modified power gain.
    So you would need at least a 200% potency of a petrify to be able to block the power gain

This is the exact response I expected. I think you're right.

In looking at the older Power Gain nodes, they read:

Power Gain - Increase all Power Gain by 50%

In testing, traditional "Power Gain" nodes increase the amount of power received by a defender when blocking or being attacked, but it does NOT increase the power gain rate from Power Gain buffs. This includes champs like Strange and Hyperion.

It looks like this new node is just the opposite. No additional power will be received when taking hits or blocking hits, but the defender will see an increase in the power gained from other. So instead of getting 100% of their normal rate, they'll get 200% of their normal rate. This means Void would need Fear of the Void and 2 Petrify just to stop it.

That makes sense. I appreciate the help @will-o-wisp