**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What is the best way to beat the Thing in Uncollected quest this month?

Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
I was reading his bio and learned that he throws up a protective shield when you stun him. I was testing in Heroic and even though I did not stun him, his protective shield buff still activated. A little puzzled by this. What else is causing it to activate?

Now I also learned that a bleed effect will cause him to lose 3 Rock charges and this can be done once every 2 seconds. I can do that but if the protection shield keeps activating then I will deal minimal damage. I also know that once he goes to 15, he goes unstoppable. He can also get a rock charge just by hitting his block.

Any insight into the best way to beat this champ would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to throw in a lot of credits just to beat him. I can handle Human Torch and Annalists (Not sure on the spelling. lol).

Comments

• Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    His protection only activates while he is stunned, when he uses a heavy and when your attack deals more than 300% of your champions attack rating per hit on a special attack.
    While he is at 15 rock charges, bait a special. You can hit into his block when he's at 15 and he won't trigger unstoppable if you want to create some distance.
    AAR champs work great like black widow high sig,gwenpool (also causes bleeds) and crossbones.
    I used venom as he has 15% bleed ability accuracy against heroes. Parried and used heavies to get precision and fury/cruelty buffs for more chances to trigger bleed
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    Jh_Dez said:

His protection only activates while he is stunned, when he uses a heavy and when your attack deals more than 300% of your champions attack rating per hit on a special attack.
    While he is at 15 rock charges, bait a special. You can hit into his block when he's at 15 and he won't trigger unstoppable if you want to create some distance.
    AAR champs work great like black widow high sig,gwenpool (also causes bleeds) and crossbones.
    I used venom as he has 15% bleed ability accuracy against heroes. Parried and used heavies to get precision and fury/cruelty buffs for more chances to trigger bleed

Ok. Thanks for the info. I just duped my R4 5* Venom and will be looking to take him to R5 with the T5B shards from Uncollected quest and the remaining Bounty Missions. I also have GP duped at R3 and X23 duped at R4 so plenty of opportunities to inflict bleed.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

You can hit into his block when he's at 15 and he won't trigger unstoppable if you want to create some distance.

This is unless you use domino because her first hit is a double, dont do this.
    Lormif said:

Jh_Dez said:

You can hit into his block when he's at 15 and he won't trigger unstoppable if you want to create some distance.

Did it with venom
    When thing didn't have a full bar of power I'd hit his block which gives him small bits of power and increases rock charges past 15-17 then bait a special.
    I don't see how domino factors in
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

Lormif said:

Jh_Dez said:

Did it with venom
    When thing didn't have a full bar of power I'd hit his block which gives him small bits of power and increases rock charges past 15-17 then bait a special.
    Domino does a double hit which takes longer. You can hit into the block some, but it has a decent chance to trigger unstoppable if you hit it at 15, and then you have to wait for the double.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Jh_Dez said:

Lormif said:

Jh_Dez said:

Did it with venom
    Domino does a double hit which takes longer. You can hit into the block some, but it has a decent chance to trigger unstoppable if you hit it at 15, and then you have to wait for the double.
    One 15 hit if you hit thuget blok it wont tigger it only if you hit him out side from blok the. The unstoppable wild tigger
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I used Blade.

Since he inflicts bleed with Parry, you can better manage the rock charges and power meter.

Basically play as normal, but keep an eye on both the power meter and his rock charges. Make sure he has 15 charges when he has at least one bar of power. Then bait his special. DO NOT HIT HIM while he has 15 charges. His special will be unblockable, but it is easily evaded and it will remove all 15 charges. Repeat the process again.

If he has 15 charges and doesn't have a bar of power, simply parry him and hit once. He will consume 3 rock charges to go unstoppable but you will have time to get away because he's stunned. Do this a couple of times to build his power up and get him back to 15 rock charges.

More than anything, you have to make sure you do not get backed to the wall. Trying to fight your way out is very difficult while avoiding triggering the unblockable/unstoppable.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    I used my 5* r3 gwenpool in the first run but the fight was so damn long that I decided not to bring her anymore..then used void and blade to one shot him in all runs but one..since he is so defensive void works really well with his intimidating presence debuffs chipping away his health every second
    I think defensive node makes it easier to fight him as u can get him to 15 stacks when u want to..he holds block most of the time so it's easy to get multiple 4 hit combos into his block...just play around his rock stacks and u should be able to beat him
    Btw x23 would not work against him if u are planning to use the bleeds to remove rock stacks...x23 interprets him as bleed immune and hence doesn't apply bleed to him rather gains cruelty buffs as she would against any other bleed immune

I used my 5* r3 gwenpool in the first run but the fight was so damn long that I decided not to bring her anymore..then used void and blade to one shot him in all runs but one..since he is so defensive void works really well with his intimidating presence debuffs chipping away his health every second
    I think defensive node makes it easier to fight him as u can get him to 15 stacks when u want to..he holds block most of the time so it's easy to get multiple 4 hit combos into his block...just play around his rock stacks and u should be able to beat him
    Btw x23 would not work against him if u are planning to use the bleeds to remove rock stacks...x23 interprets him as bleed immune and hence doesn't apply bleed to him rather gains cruelty buffs as she would against any other bleed immune

Good Point about X-23. Very true. Looks like my R4 5* Venom would be ideal. I also have BP OG that I could use. I haven't made my run yet but noticed in Master that the protective shield is what makes it a long fight. I think making sure it does not activate would also be a key ingredient to defeating him. I know that Stun cause it to activate. On a defensive node, it will be hard not to get a Parry. Waiting for an intercept can take time as well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Quake.
  • Sbt3Sbt3 Posts: 35
    I used black widow 4* r5. Solo each time with her. Took between 105-125 hits but he never made it to 15 stacks because of subtlety
    I had some luck with Mephisto, believe it or not, in Master. UC was a pain, but Quake took him down.
    https://youtu.be/6Dvr8esY6Xo

Did a video using venom
    Forgive my poor skills in baiting and anything you think was poorly done
    @Jemster519
    Jh_Dez said:

Did a video using venom
    @Jemster519

Thank You Very Much. I have beat him with minimal revives with my Venom.
    Wish I thought of Venom. Although Quake made pretty short work of it.

Jh_Dez said:

Did a video using venom
    @Jemster519

Thank You Very Much. I have beat him with minimal revives with my Venom.
    Awesome

Wish I thought of Venom. Although Quake made pretty short work of it.

Quake is safer I bet
  • I think I mentioned this in another thread, but if you are not wanting to deal with his Unstoppable, you can use Spider-Gwen or She-Hulk's heavy attacks to place a Slow Debuff on him and prevent him from going Unstoppable when he gets enough charges. With She-Hulk you could also wait til he's Unstoppable and then launch her heavy, which will be uninterruptible and give her a Passive Fury. Of course, some of the advice others have already provided, like getting him to launch a special after he reaches 15 charges, works with any Champion on your team.