**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nightcrawler Stance Disappearing During Combo

This issue is occuring in all levels of the game AQ / AW / Questing (UC EQ) - I have not tested arena yet.

Basically, when hitting into his block (which I have been doing for 3 years without fail), his timer to change stance is simply disappearing on the 2nd to 3rd hit, without him coming out of block.

Please test @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious

Comments

• Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    Nightcrawler switch trick stop working
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Draenath said:

This issue is occuring in all levels of the game AQ / AW / Questing (UC EQ) - I have not tested arena yet.

Basically, when hitting into his block (which I have been doing for 3 years without fail), his timer to change stance is simply disappearing on the 2nd to 3rd hit, without him coming out of block.

Please test @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious

This is a further extension of the bug that is now affecting all champs. If you see something along the lines of "the champ just launched a special attack while I was attacking into their block", that is the same bug you're seeing with Nightcrawler.

This latest update introduced the ability for opponents to execute an action while blocking, usually between hits 2 and 3. If they attempt to attack you during this window, they will instead get hit by your attacks, giving the appearance that you broke through their block. If they throw a special, your combo will be interrupted and you'll take the full force of the special attack. Finally, if they use their action to continue holding block, all the attacks will be blocked and you likely won't notice a difference.

Nightcrawler is doing this 3rd option in your scenario. In order for Nightcrawler to switch stances, you need to dash back and hold block for X seconds. Two things need to happen: a dash back and a block. You hit into his block for two hits and his stance timer shows up. In between hits 2 and 3, the timer goes away. Why? The update gave the enemies an opening to initiate a new action. If Nightcrawler decides to use this opportunity to throw up another block, he will, but the game didn't register a dash immediately before this new block, meaning the timer is no longer being triggered.

MODOK has had this bugged ability ever since he was initially fixed not long after his release. Now this ability has spread to all champs. It should be fixed for everyone.

• Options
    DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Can we add this to the list of bugs? Very easy for Kabam to replicate
  • Options
    Ace_QuillAce_Quill Posts: 57
    Even with Emma Frost I can't get NC to switch hitting into his block. The timer quits and the other switch technique isn't working either. Between this and special attacks while being attacked or while blocking these are some pretty detrimental bugs.
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    People still switch him by hitting in to the block? There’s a much easier way
  • Options
    DraenathDraenath Posts: 237

Is that the point? He is broken - what if the air punch stops working?
  • Options
    Ace_QuillAce_Quill Posts: 57
    Draenath said:

Is that the point? He is broken - what if the air punch stops working?
    It already did stop working to a degree.