**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

I read the divisive view on selling champs; will it work on a 2nd account?

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,586 ★★★★★
Well, I have a second account which I have not login for a while. I don't find any incentive to login in at all due to the poor RNG (well, what is new?).

So, I am thinking if it will be more bearable to sell the 3* and below in the 2nd account to get shards (to go against the RNG). :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4VGEPr_YYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODj-09pULc

I have two generic awakening gems and a skill awakening gems in the 2nd account. ;)
Yay or nay?

Comments

• LibralonixLibralonix Posts: 229
    Personally I'd stick to the rule of thumb and not sell any champions, in the long run (no matter how often you log on) you will always generate more champions by keeping them, all those duplicate shards add up eventually.

If the sole purpose of your 2nd account is to just enjoy opening crystals, then go for it, but i can only assume you want to open crystals to then get better champions, to then use them, so again Id say in the long run your better not selling them.

To be honest, i can't think of any reason/use for your 2nd account that wouldn't benefit from saving them.

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I've learned the hard way. I used to break that rule a lot and it's haunted me for a long time. Every once in a while, if it's a pretty useless champ and goes to a good cause, I'll sell one, but definitely don't sell your champs regularly.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★

Personally I'd stick to the rule of thumb and not sell any champions, in the long run (no matter how often you log on) you will always generate more champions by keeping them, all those duplicate shards add up eventually.

If the sole purpose of your 2nd account is to just enjoy opening crystals, then go for it, but i can only assume you want to open crystals to then get better champions, to then use them, so again Id say in the long run your better not selling them.

To be honest, i can't think of any reason/use for your 2nd account that wouldn't benefit from saving them.

Yeah, that's not true though. If you rank up then sell, you will ALWAYS get more shards by selling.

I used to do this, but I stopped when they introduced champion restrictions as I didn't want to get caught without certain champs.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Hulk_77 said:

Yeah, that's not true though. If you rank up then sell, you will ALWAYS get more shards by selling.

I used to do this, but I stopped when they introduced champion restrictions as I didn't want to get caught without certain champs.
    Only if you ignore max sig stones. Once you take that into account virtually every single dupe once you get to max sig are worth double the shards.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Sell a champ to get a new one but then you pull the champ you just sold 😂😂😂
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    In the long run you are better off not selling them it's a waste of resources
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,586 ★★★★★
    I am quite ready to 'abandon' the 2nd account (my initial post indicated that I am not even logging in to collect daily rewards).

In another thread, I posted that my main account is at 400K level and I have no worthy 5* to rank 3 (I have 17 5*).

RNG pulls in the 2nd account is as bad. So, I am really thinking to shake it up a bit and not taking the same approach as the main account.

Sure, it could failed. Worth the try?
    High risk high gain?
    Finally get to take a few screenshots of the returns on champ selling.

Not really worth it if doing for shards. For Isos, it does look tempting.

Looks like this option selling 3☆ to try get 4☆ is not attractive at all.

As for selling 4☆, I am undecided since there is 1,125 shards. Could be just the amount needed to try a featured, e.g. in the video posted. However, to forgo 8 t4bc and 3 t4cc, sounds terrible.

Conclusion? Nope. :s
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★
    Never sell. I learned that the hard way.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I’ve never sold a champion. This hasn’t even come close to seeming like a good idea to me. Ever. I can admit that some dumb ideas have, but this one has always been a horrible idea to me.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Hulk_77 said:

This is false. I have champs I’ve duped nearly a hundred times. Some probably more.

Not only that, but the shards, units, and gold (not to mention TIME) I have gained in the arena by more easily hitting milestones far outweighs the value of sellling a champ for a handful of shards one time.

One must also take into consideration that they are selling a champ that will get a buff in the near future. So, they are sacrificing staying power and longevity for a single moment of fleeting fulfillment.

...and the thought of actually ranking up a champ to sell them for more shards is viewed as a gain? Yikes.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    It really depends on how you view it.

On my alt, because I don't grind arena, I get far fewer 5/6* shards on a monthly basis. This caused an excess of T1A in my inventory. So what I do for the alt account, is to rank up 4*s to 3/30 to use my T1A, then sell the champ, on the condition that they're unduped (this means you'll have to hoard 4* crystals for abit, ensure that all the unduped champs are sold, then open them all at once).

It's not a long term solution but it helps with the shards and my alt don't really use 4*s anyway.

(P.S. I don't sell champs on my main cause I grind arena for the units and most, if not all, my 4*s are maxed sig anyway.)
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,622 ★★★★★
    If you dont grind arena or do alliance stuff with the alt, why keep anything other than the best champs?

Get a great questing team plus a couple of niche champs and get rid of the rest.
    Epic 4* Blade sold !! B)

See 8.35.

https://youtu.be/rjHOPlb0oqc
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    It's like people don't understand math.

IF YOU RANK UP AND SELL, YOU GET MORE SHARDS EVERY TIME.

I get a 4* She-Hulk. I take her to rank 5 and sell her. I get her again, I take her to rank 5 and sell her. Every time I do this, I get 1,125 5* shards.

Meanwhile, the dupe route works like this:
    I get a 5* She-Hulk.
    I get her again and get 275 5* shards.
    I do that 4 more times before I start getting max sig crystals.
    So, the 7th time I pull a She-Hulk, I now am getting 275 5* shards plus the crystal, which usually has another 275 5* shards.
    But usually does not equal always. 1 in 20 or so drops something like a class 4* awakening gem or sig stones.
    For the sake of argument, let's just pretend that it is always additional shards, so every future She-Hulk dupe is a total of 550 5* shards from the 7th one until infinity.

That's great. However, 550 <<< 1,125.

I stand by what I said, if you rank then sell, it's more profitable shard wise.

There can be situations where you want to do this. Perhaps you had a ton of 4r5s and now you've moved on to 5 and 6* heroes for literally every and any situation. Well, you can sell those champs if you want. When I played more frequently I had 1 of each class that I'd rank up to r5 and sell automatically. But as I mentioned before, I don't have the time to do it and the restrictions stuff makes me wary.

Anyways, my advice in life is whenever someone tells you to "Never do X" or "Always do Y", choose that moment to be skeptical. Maxims like that are rarely fully accurate. They might be solid general advice that applies to most situations, but they may not actually apply to ALL situations. Selling champs is a great example of that. I'm sure someone will be along soon to explain how I'm wrong again, but they're going to have a difficult time convincing me that 550 shards is more than 1,125 shards.
    edited May 2019
    Hulk_77 said:

I get a 4* She-Hulk. I take her to rank 5 and sell her. I get her again, I take her to rank 5 and sell her. Every time I do this, I get 1,125 5* shards.

I get a 5* She-Hulk.
    So, the 7th time I pull a She-Hulk, I now am getting 275 5* shards plus the crystal, which usually has another 275 5* shards.
    But usually does not equal always. 1 in 20 or so drops something like a class 4* awakening gem or sig stones.
    For the sake of argument, let's just pretend that it is always additional shards, so every future She-Hulk dupe is a total of 550 5* shards from the 7th one until infinity.

There can be situations where you want to do this. Perhaps you had a ton of 4r5s and now you've moved on to 5 and 6* heroes for literally every and any situation. Well, you can sell those champs if you want. When I played more frequently I had 1 of each class that I'd rank up to r5 and sell automatically. But as I mentioned before, I don't have the time to do it and the restrictions stuff makes me wary.

Anyways, my advice in life is whenever someone tells you to "Never do X" or "Always do Y", choose that moment to be skeptical. Maxims like that are rarely fully accurate. They might be solid general advice that applies to most situations, but they may not actually apply to ALL situations. Selling champs is a great example of that. I'm sure someone will be along soon to explain how I'm wrong again, but they're going to have a difficult time convincing me that 550 shards is more than 1,125 shards.</p>

That's so counterproductive. You get more for Dups and Max Sig later on. It's just a lack of patience.
    Not to mention the Resources you're wasting Ranking and selling over and over.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Hulk_77 said:

I get a 5* She-Hulk.

Anyways, my advice in life is whenever someone tells you to "Never do X" or "Always do Y", choose that moment to be skeptical. Maxims like that are rarely fully accurate. They might be solid general advice that applies to most situations, but they may not actually apply to ALL situations. Selling champs is a great example of that. I'm sure someone will be along soon to explain how I'm wrong again, but they're going to have a difficult time convincing me that 550 shards is more than 1,125 shards.</p>

Why the heck would you waste all those resources to take her to rank 5? At that point, you're losing instead of gaining.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Why waste tier 4 basics catalysts, alpha cats and GOLD to rank a champ

To sell the champ its just stupid

I guess if you do nothing ever but play this game and you got stuff expiring it’d be ok but if you play this game 24/7 you got bigger issues
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Hulk_77 said:

I get a 5* She-Hulk.

How could you afford doing this? Especially if you're selling champs, so you have less to use in arena, which is the main source of gold in the game.