**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

is Season 9 starting April 17th?

StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
I haven't heard anything but an alliance officer seems to think that is the case. He's started match making for a war and i honestly don't want to be wasting time doing an AW if its off season.

Comments

• Not yet. We will be aiming to give as much notice as we can before the new Season starts.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★

Not yet. We will be aiming to give as much notice as we can before the new Season starts.

thank you
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Not everyone. Not even close.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    DocJC said:

Remove AW seasons permanently please.

Thanks,
    Everyone

Just don’t spend for war. It’s free rewards on a 1.5 month basis.
    There's always the option of moving to a less stressful Alliance. Many of us enjoy the competition itself. Some might not, but that doesn't mean they should scrap it completely. If you don't like the pressure, don't do it.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    DocJC said:

Thanks,
    Everyone

Dont speak for me, I love the seasons.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    ThaDevil said:

Not yet. We will be aiming to give as much notice as we can before the new Season starts.

Are we guna be compemsated for loss of AW rewards due to huge delay cause this is sad
    Hah don't count on it.
    Axo4545 said:

ThaDevil said:

Lormif said:

DocJC said:

Thanks,
    Everyone

Its mostly people who are trash at AW that hate it
    That's not necessarily true. Different people have different parts of the game they like and don't like. Doesn't mean they aren't good at it. They just do not like it.
    I don't like AW because the rewards for anything below Gold 1 are trash, and to be in Gold 1 and higher you need to invest a load of units into for resources and other things, and depending on how much you spend the return on investment is still not worth the rewards the stress and other factors. That's why I don't like them.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ThaDevil said:

Are we guna be compemsated for loss of AW rewards due to huge delay cause this is sad
    Hah don't count on it.
    Axo4545 said:

ThaDevil said:

Lormif said:

DocJC said:

Thanks,
    Everyone

That's not necessarily true. Different people have different parts of the game they like and don't like. Doesn't mean they aren't good at it. They just do not like it.
    I don't like AW because the rewards for anything below Gold 1 are trash, and to be in Gold 1 and higher you need to invest a load of units into for resources and other things, and depending on how much you spend the return on investment is still not worth the rewards the stress and other factors. That's why I don't like them.
    Why should we be compensated for AW Season rewards when we haven't even started the Season yet?

If you need to invest a load of units to rank Gold 1 and higher, then there's a very high chance you don't belong there for now.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

ThaDevil said:

Hah don't count on it.
    Axo4545 said:

ThaDevil said:

Lormif said:

DocJC said:

Thanks,
    Everyone

Why should we be compensated for AW Season rewards when we haven't even started the Season yet?

If you need to invest a load of units to rank Gold 1 and higher, then there's a very high chance you don't belong there for now.
    I think you misunderstood when I said "Hah don't count on it". Your question is exactly how I feel, I don't feel like people should get compensated for the delay of Season 9.

As for the rewards part, I've never been higher than Gold 2, and I maybe only spent about 500 units in total over a couple of seasons there. I just mean that if you are running higher tiers, a lot of people do spend a fair amount of units for war, be it for crystals when they come out with featured champs to have a better attack or defense, for boosts, potions, revives, a number of things. The amount people spend to be in those higher tiers, is usually quite a lot. Not always, but from what I've heard it can be.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    ThaDevil said:

By huge delay do you mean 1 week? How are they going to compensate for something you haven't kost out on. AW is still being played so not missing anything there.
    Yeah, no. It's a competition. Not something that's owed. Rewards are earned through competing. If there's no competition, there are no Rewards owed.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Yeah this is one of the few times I'll agree with Grounded. AW seasons are fun for those who participate and the rewards (although outdated and definitely need a rehaul) are earned so there's no reason for us to get reward compensation when most of those of us in higher tiers are not really trying due to it being offseason.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    DocJC said:

Thanks,
    Everyone

!1000% agreed. Going 7x5 AQ and not caring about AW has made the game sooo much more enjoyable.
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    I’d rather rely on my skill to compete at high level AW then have to grind out donations for 7x5, expecailly if season rewards get updated. Arena is the absolute worst part of this game imo so even though 7x5 isn’t hard to do, I personally wouldn’t want to do it every week due to its resource cost as opposed to AW which only costs me glory and some units on boosts (maybe 800 or so units a season in tier 1 AW).