**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Omega Red Spores Falling Off Faster Post 22.1 update

WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
edited April 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues

I have been noticing his spores falling off quicker then previously. I wasn’t sure how to prove this.

Attached are screenshots from a Brian Grant video back in December (Omega Speed Run Test) and screen shots from my Omega today (had to use 4 star my 5:65 was locked in AQ). I used the exact same synergies although only ST should be needed to prove my point.

In my screen shots above you will see I have 30 spores up when I block the first part of WS SP2 same as Brian. When WS first bullet connects I’m at 28 and BG is at 29, (his screen shot is below)
When WS the last bullet hits me you can see I’m at 21 and the earliest I can begin to punish is at 20. See BG screen shot below and he is at 23 when last bullet has passed him and he can begin to punish.

I have ran this fight dozens of times and can’t stay above 21 after the SP2 ends. I’m not sure how else to prove the spores from ST synergy are not working as before 22.1 update.

Comments

• WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    @Kabam Miike is the team looking into this a possibly being an issue?

Thank you
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    You need to understand that the only way they can see this is with 2 exact videos, showing similar spore counts.. To be honest the best way to show this is a video that walks through the start of the fight, showing that the synergies are the exact same and can be overlayed... But even then it is impossible to show.

Seeing how OR is a stay close or your buffs fall off really quickly it will be almost always see a difference in videos, because your play style will be different from fight to fight, because the fights are dynamic and not static, that is not even taking into account the play style of the other person you are comparing 2..

Remember that even with ST the spores fall off every .195 seconds (I generally round to .2 seconds) this means that 2 spore difference is a mere .4 seconds difference, which is going to be very difficult to notice that much of a difference in where your standing from time to time. If you want to check the time you should get a video of the game, and put it is something that you can check second by second frame by frame and then measure from the first time a buff falls off to the 5 fall off. If this is about a second then the spores are working as intended.
    @Lormif is there a way to upload a video without having to download it on YouTube?
    There are other video sharing sites, and I think you can even post it directly here, not sure, but it needs to have the ability to track by time.
    @Lormif Im aware how fast they drop off, and that is where my concern is. Prior to this update when farming WS my spores where always around 22-23 just like in Brian’s video. I referenced now I’m lucky to hit WS after the SP2 finishes with 20 usually it is 19. I have been playing Omega at 5/65 since November so I have done this fight hundreds of times which is why I noticed the difference. If there is a way to post a video without uploading to YouTube I will gladly upload.

Thanks for the assistance.
    WHOz_R4GE said:

@Lormif Im aware how fast they drop off, and that is where my concern is. Prior to this update when farming WS my spores where always around 22-23 just like in Brian’s video. I referenced now I’m lucky to hit WS after the SP2 finishes with 20 usually it is 19. I have been playing Omega at 5/65 since November so I have done this fight hundreds of times which is why I noticed the difference. If there is a way to post a video without uploading to YouTube I will gladly upload.

Thanks for the assistance.

That is not a objective way to measure spore drop off, because there is way more into than just WS finishes his SP2, there is also your positioning relative to before he starts his SP2, both immediately and shortly before he starts. If your position is of just a tiny bit it can prematurely start the countdown on the spores. No 2 fights will be the same, this is why you need something that allows you to accurately measure the spore drop off.
    I have to disagree on your point. I can run this WS fight after fight and produce the same result. If I stand next to him and block as he launches his SP2 my spores are constantly 19/20 once he is punishable, they don’t deviate from that. They were higher before, I’m not fighting any differently then I have for the past 3 months.
    If I could post a video I would show you but I don’t see any way to upload a video here it is just pictures.
    WHOz_R4GE said:

I have to disagree on your point. I can run this WS fight after fight and produce the same result. If I stand next to him and block as he launches his SP2 my spores are constantly 19/20 once he is punishable, they don’t deviate from that. They were higher before, I’m not fighting any differently then I have for the past 3 months.

Except you have stated you cannot, I mean in this post you have stated constantly 19/20, that is 2 different numbers, and you are trying to reach the numbers of someone who is a professional player.
    I said 19/20 because depending if your counting when the last bullet hits me or when I dash it is either 19 or 20 depending how you look at it.

To say he is a professional and I’m trying to achieve his numbers, what does that even mean? I have 100% Variant 1 and 2, 100% 6.1, can drop a node 29 Km with my Omega no issues.

You can disagree, that’s your opinion. I have played this champ more than most and I know the spores are dropping faster.
    WHOz_R4GE said:

I said 19/20 because depending if your counting when the last bullet hits me or when I dash it is either 19 or 20 depending how you look at it.

To say he is a professional and I’m trying to achieve his numbers, what does that even mean? I have 100% Variant 1 and 2, 100% 6.1, can drop a node 29 Km with my Omega no issues.

You can disagree, that’s your opinion. I have played this champ more than most and I know the spores are dropping faster.

My point is that you are arguing about not being able to get within .4 seconds of someone (the difference in the spores you stated are missing) and trying to argue that it is showing spores are dropping, but refuse to do the one thing that would show it or not, using a video that you can measure the time. You dont know they are dropping faster, you feel, but it is an arbitrary feeling, very subjective.
    edited April 2019
    Lol, I’m not refusing to upload, the mobile app does not allow me to upload my video in this post. I sent the video into Kabam, as their ticketing service allows me to do so. They can decide.

Thanks ;)
    my point is you could have analyzed it yourself to determine if they are falling off at about the correct speed or not.
    Lormif said:

my point is you could have analyzed it yourself to determine if they are falling off at about the correct speed or not.

I have analyzed my video and BGs video frame rate by frame rate. Otherwise I wouldn’t have sent it to Prof Hoff or submitted a ticket to Kabam.

We both enter block at same time, with same amount of spores, in same position on screen, and both hold block through the SP2 when WS finishes he has more I have less. Not sure what other analysis there is to do.

No worries I will await the Kabam feedback, and whatever happens, happens,

Thanks
    WHOz_R4GE said:

Lormif said:

I have analyzed my video and BGs video frame rate by frame rate. Otherwise I wouldn’t have sent it to Prof Hoff or submitted a ticket to Kabam.

We both enter block at same time, with same amount of spores, in same position on screen, and both hold block through the SP2 when WS finishes he has more I have less. Not sure what other analysis there is to do.

No worries I will await the Kabam feedback, and whatever happens, happens,

Thanks
    The other analysts is the one I pointed out previously.. You are going off things that cannot be verified, and kabam is not going to be able to judge based on 2 competing videos that show a .40 second difference. What you need to go off is if they are falling off at the correct speed, as I have already mentioned previously, can be done by looking at your video frame by frame and seeing if you get ~5 to fall of per second. If too many are falling off you have an issue, if not there is no issue.
  • Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Posts: 46
    Being looked into? Seems to be an issue I've also seen pop up
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    This issue still exists, I awakened my 4* Omega recently and I noticed it