**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Black Order

ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
It's only just clicked why they're called that. Sometimes my brain is slow.

Corvus is the scientific name for Raven. Ravens are usually black.
Proxima Midnight. This one is obvious....
Ebony Maw. Ebony is a heavy blackish or very dark brown timber from a mainly tropical tree
Cull Obsidian. Obsidian is a hard, dark, glasslike volcanic rock formed by the rapid solidification of lava without crystallization.

I feel stupid for not thinking of this earlier.

Comments

• Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    ItsDamien said:

It's only just clicked why they're called that. Sometimes my brain is slow.

Corvus is the scientific name for Raven. Ravens are usually black.
    Proxima Midnight. This one is obvious....
    Ebony Maw. Ebony is a heavy blackish or very dark brown timber from a mainly tropical tree
    Cull Obsidian. Obsidian is a hard, dark, glasslike volcanic rock formed by the rapid solidification of lava without crystallization.

I feel stupid for not thinking of this earlier.

Huh. Interesting.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

But isn't "Black Dwarf" other name for Cull Obsidian?

Yeah it is, but gotta try and keep it P.C. Even then it still didn't fully click until now.
  • dfmoore26dfmoore26 Posts: 94
    It would be sweet if they got a "quantum trinity" or "inhuman royal family" attack buff when all four of them are in the same team.. and then an additional thing if you have a Thanos in the team as well
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    I know your going based of the movies but supergiant doesn't fit this.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I don't know why they took out Supergiant for the MCU

Maybe they'll be in Endgame? I mean Thanos is short on Generals right about now.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    Cull Obsidian is actually another name for the group in the comics.

I also noticed this a while back and went "Huh, I see what you did there."

I haven't found anything about Cull Obsidian being a different name for the Black Order. Have you got a link or a source I can read? I love learning about characters and lore.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

But isn't "Black Dwarf" other name for Cull Obsidian?

Yeah, I believe Disney wanted to avoid that PR nightmare.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Why do I care for 2 champs he featured in 1 MCU movie, only to be killed within the first section of that movie? It's ridiculous.

Ronin I get, hero who is a version of someone who'd been in several films. Corvus and Proxima I get, as they were released with the release of the movie they were in. This is just a year too late for me.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

Why do I care for 2 champs he featured in 1 MCU movie, only to be killed within the first section of that movie? It's ridiculous.

Ronin I get, hero who is a version of someone who'd been in several films. Corvus and Proxima I get, as they were released with the release of the movie they were in. This is just a year too late for me.

Because it's expected Endgame will include some form of timetravel. As such, it's very much plausible all 4 of these characters will be used again.

It all depends on how the Avenger's "undo" Thanos' finger snap.
  • MasterB8terMasterB8ter Posts: 8
    ItsDamien said:

I haven't found anything about Cull Obsidian being a different name for the Black Order. Have you got a link or a source I can read? I love learning about characters and lore.
    here

It doesn't really explain why the two names, but it at least shows them lol. Still a good write up on the team. If you're really interested in it, then you should read Jonathan Hickman's infinity run (and the tie-ins). Great storyline.

ItsDamien said:

here

It doesn't really explain why the two names, but it at least shows them lol. Still a good write up on the team. If you're really interested in it, then you should read Jonathan Hickman's infinity run (and the tie-ins). Great storyline.
    Interesting.... I'll have to check them out properly myself. I usually just research the stuff I'm interested in without actually reading the source material. I find Comics Explained on YouTube to be a very useful channel for learning about Comic characters and story lines.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    @X_Factor_Agent Supergiant is a girl
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★

Supergiant isn't well known. He isn't in much media other than comics
    She's in Future Fight, along with the rest of the Black Order.