**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone else in a retired alliance have this problem?

PeterQuillPeterQuill Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
edited April 2019 in General Discussion

I can stack up the basic rank up resources (t1a, t4b, t4cc) but just cant seem to ever have enough gold to actually use them. I hit milestones all the gold milestones on the 4 and 5 star arenas but hot damn I need some gold bad!

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★
    Need to grind more that this get gold.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Grind arenas constantly. I usually stay above 1 mil. No problems
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I think the bulk of my gold comes from selling expiring ISO from duplicating champs.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I've barely done any arena for months.
    Map 5 doesn't cost chips to run any more and you get chips back for doing it.
    I get my gold mostly from there now
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Nope, in fact since moving away from map 6 a couple weeks ago my gold balance has jumped a lot
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    My alliance doesnt do anything other than collect alliance rewards from milestones. I have a dozen T1A in the stash that will probably expire, I dont want to waste class cats or gold on dud 5* just to use them and there arent any 4* worth wasting T4B and class cats to R5 for what I need.

I try to keep 5mil in gold as a self imposed floor and to avoid ranking garbage just to use resources for no real reason.

Last months events just showered T1A, its a nice problem to have nonetheless.

May as well sell them for T2A shards, they will always be useful.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I had that when we were playing map 3, but ever since we started doing map 4 the cats have been much more balanced.

When I need gold to rank up a champ, I grind arena a bit, but I don't rank up a whole lot these days. If I get a great 5* I will take them to R4, but all my other 5* stay at R1. I don't touch my 4* unless a special event requires a champ I don't have at 5-50 or as a 5* yet.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    I've been in retirement alliances more than in so-called active/map 5 alliances, haven't had a gold shortage for I think 3 years. Though my gold has plummeted from 25 mill to 20 mill last couple of months, could be due to my focus on ranking up 5* champs instead of 48 champs, and also not opening arena Crystals ;)
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    sell your iso
  • lockitup11lockitup11 Posts: 28
    If you want gold you have to grind arena in a retired alliance. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or level of champs to easily grind arenas to get all milestones and it's extremely expensive to rank up higher ranked characters, so just part of the game.