**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing: Objectives

Comments

• SandyUKSandyUK Posts: 18
    Same here, I have 1956 t4cc shard cristals, almost 70 t4cc cristals and hundred's of map 5 cristals.

Please let it be something that endgame players can really use.
  • Only_AlonerOnly_Aloner Posts: 141

Nachtar said:

RogerRabs said:

What can we expect for the rewards on higher levels?
    Not anything specific, but will it award something like crystal shards, revives, lvl 3/4 pots, etc?

Higher level Objectives are still going to be considered pretty "Easy" by most of our more seasoned Players. The point of the Summoners Journey objectives is to help guide newer summoners forward. Special Objectives will differ and may have more difficult and rewarding objectives for the month, but those won't be consistent or come around every month.

To answer your actual question, there are some Objectives coming that offer some pretty valuable rewards, including some for Glory, and one that has a T4CC Crystal. I think that's the most valuable thing on the list, but this might also still change before the launch of the Objectives.
    Was there any thought to updating the solo event milestone rewards? They’re very stale for endgame players. Would love to see 5 star sig stones added.
    My God.... can you please NOT give us more T4CC shards! Most of us are up to our ears in unopened T4CC shard crystals. 5 star shards would be more beneficial then yet more rainbow trash to stockpile if you gonna keep low balling the rewards for upper content playing members.

Rewards most of us would be happy with:
    T2A Shards. T5B shards, 5 star shards, 6 star shards. Hell, I’ll even take plain old simple GOLD over T4CC shards. Anything we can actually use!
    This. I'm not even that "Endgame" of a player and even I have 0 use for T4CC shards. Hell T4B would be more welcome at this point, because I have 500 T4C shard crystals and several T4C crystals, Glory Crystals and Map 5 Crystals that I can't even open due to overflow of T4CC

TL;DR T4CC Are NOT rewards that Endgame players even remotely need.
    I do not think that they have anyone at the level of end game player providing input on rewards. They don't seem to know that end gamers are flooded with T4CC
    Y'all read the part where we said that this is mostly to help new players, right?
    Very good idea, thx kabam)
  • OMC_PintoOMC_Pinto Posts: 101
    edited April 2019

Not anything specific, but will it award something like crystal shards, revives, lvl 3/4 pots, etc?

Higher level Objectives are still going to be considered pretty "Easy" by most of our more seasoned Players. The point of the Summoners Journey objectives is to help guide newer summoners forward. Special Objectives will differ and may have more difficult and rewarding objectives for the month, but those won't be consistent or come around every month.

To answer your actual question, there are some Objectives coming that offer some pretty valuable rewards, including some for Glory, and one that has a T4CC Crystal. I think that's the most valuable thing on the list, but this might also still change before the launch of the Objectives.
    Will there be an update to gold payout as it relates to difficulty level? for instance the Variant quests have high gold payout which matches difficulty yet Epic quests or even act5/6 do not...??
  • Time4ASpankingTime4ASpanking Posts: 199
    MCOC Team said:

Special Objectives will be introduced with new Events in the Battlerealm! There won’t always be new ones every month, but check back periodically for new Objectives that align with new Events.

Your first experience with these will be with later this month with the upcoming Avengers’ Last Stand Event Quest. You’ll be able to earn Last Stand Crystal shards, which will also be rewards in other events this month. You’ll be able to purchase those crystals in the Special Tab of the Crystal Vault

Can we get any details on if these Last Stand Crystals are Champion crystals, item Crystals, resource crystals, or any combination of the 3? I know it comes out soon but it's nice to know what to look forward to.

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike I know it’s only the start of this new part of the game but hopefully in the future we can see challenges for end game players would be really fun thanks for reading
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Well this system could easily be directed both at new and endgame players with easy, medium, hard to extremely hard and tedious objectives, some people being angry over being skipped is hard to not be predicted
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★

Hopefully there are things for end game players that give t4b. Have ZERO use for t4c.

Great idea and yes i only really need t2 alphas now... by far my main concern as well!
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

Doesn't your phone not support this game anymore????
  • SlothBabySlothBaby Posts: 30
    Will they award Champions
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

Yee, it doesn't. But i'll come back eventually
  • Kobster84 said:

@Kabam Miike I know it’s only the start of this new part of the game but hopefully in the future we can see challenges for end game players would be really fun thanks for reading

There will be some of those, but they're more likely to be in the Special Objectives. Those will come and go with new Events, and will not be live for every event. For instance, we have a set coming to tie in with our Avengers event, but don't have any planned for the following month.
  • What can we expect for the rewards on higher levels?

Yee, it doesn't. But i'll come back eventually
    And I am looking forward to that day! In the meantime, you're more than welcome to chime in on our announcements and continue to be part of the community.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Our 23.0 Release will introduce a brand new feature to the Contest! Introducing, Solo Objectives!

Solo Objectives are a set of Tasks for Summoners to complete in order to earn Rewards.

There are “Summoners Journey” objectives that will help new Summoners learn the ropes and progress in the earlier stages of the game, and special event related objectives that will run for a limited time alongside in game events!

Objective Chains

Objectives come in “chains”, which are made up of several tasks related to your activity across all the varied stories and challenges of The Battlerealm.

Objectives in the same chain will need to be completed in order, and rewards from each Objective must be claimed before moving to the next objective in the chain.

For example, A chain could have 4 objectives to be completed in order:
    - Complete a Proving Grounds Quest on Easy difficulty or above
    - Explore a Proving Grounds Quest on Easy difficulty or above
    - Level Up a 2 Star or above Champion to Max Level
    - Rank Up a 3 star or above Champion

Many objectives will ask users to take on harder versions of the same challenges as they progress.
    - Complete a Proving Grounds Quest on Medium difficulty or above
    - Explore a Proving Grounds Quest on Medium difficulty or above
    - Level Up a 3 star or above Champion to maximum
    - Rank Up a 3 star or above Champion

Summoners Journey Objectives:

These objectives will lead newer players through Act 3, and show them the basics of joining an Alliance, completing Arenas, Dungeons, Dailies and much more.

Each Objective can only ever be completed once. You will not be able to claim rewards for completing the same actions repeatedly. More Objectives will become available as you raise your Summoner Level.

When Solo Objectives are active, you’ll get a notification and will be able to check in on your progress from a button located on the lower Navigation Bar of your Home Screen.

I’m already way past Act 3!

If you’re one of our more experienced Summoners, you won’t have to do early game content all over again! Story Objectives will autocomplete up to the Act that you are currently on. If you are past Act 3, this will complete all of them.

Other early game Objectives will also autocomplete if you are 10 levels above the threshold at which it is unlocked. For some of the later objectives, you will have to be 20 levels above the level for them to autocomplete. Some of our more difficult objectives that test your skill will not autocomplete.

Special Objectives:

Special Objectives will be introduced with new Events in the Battlerealm! There won’t always be new ones every month, but check back periodically for new Objectives that align with new Events.

Your first experience with these will be with later this month with the upcoming Avengers’ Last Stand Event Quest. You’ll be able to earn Last Stand Crystal shards, which will also be rewards in other events this month. You’ll be able to purchase those crystals in the Special tab of the Crystal Vault.

Solo Objectives unlock at Level 6 and will begin to roll out in waves next week. Some objectives will become available later in the month, so keep an eye out throughout the Month for more Summoner’s Journey and Avengers’ Last Stand Objectives! You must be on the newest version of Marvel Contest of Champions to participate.
    Curious are these going to rotate like solo and alliance events or will it be like in Story Quest where it is progression which when you get up higher you get better rewards?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Ace_03 said:

PS: Changes for the game should benefit and be molded for all levels of players.

You mean like how some players are asking for a mid-level version of Variant?

If we're advocating design rules, then mine is: Something for Everyone, not Everything for Someone. I'm perfectly fine with having end-game targeted content and beginner and intermediate progressing targeted game features. That doesn't mean that the whole *idea* of Objectives needs to be permanently targeted at progressing players only, forever and ever, but I think it is a good idea for something like this to be rolled out targeting lower level progressing players first to see how it works and how it is received, and spend more time thinking about how the same system could benefit higher tier and end game players down the road.
    I wasn't the first player to suggest an achievement-like system like Objectives seems to be, but I do want to throw my hat in there for a suggestion to leverage Objectives in a different direction I suggested a while back. Please consider making duel-target Objectives that unlock duel targets that players can use to practice against certain champions. Do X Y and Z and you unlock MODOK and you can then duel fight MODOK using a modified version of the dueling system. That way players can earn duel targets with game play rather than search out other players that just coincidentally have that profile champ. You could even create Objectives like "duel with masochism" and "duel with unblockable" so players could practice under those conditions.

This would give players a use for the duel credits that keep piling up, it solves the problem of custom profile pics making it extremely difficult (outside of duel bots) to find duel targets, it gives players Yet Another Thing to grind for, and it adds a potentially interesting game mode that all players could get some use out of.
    Ace_03 said:

DNA3000 said:

Ace_03 said:

PS: Changes for the game should benefit and be molded for all levels of players.

You mean like how some players are asking for a mid-level version of Variant?

If we're advocating design rules, then mine is: Something for Everyone, not Everything for Someone. I'm perfectly fine with having end-game targeted content and beginner and intermediate progressing targeted game features. That doesn't mean that the whole *idea* of Objectives needs to be permanently targeted at progressing players only, forever and ever, but I think it is a good idea for something like this to be rolled out targeting lower level progressing players first to see how it works and how it is received, and spend more time thinking about how the same system could benefit higher tier and end game players down the road.
    I wrote it as a general suggestion, I.E if you have beaten everything in game at that point, it would be nice to have an achievement/objective reward for it, that's all.
    I can agree with that in general, but I responded to the specific statement I quoted, where you asserted that all game changes should benefit all players, implying this should happen all the time.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Yeah I agree with DNA's point. It becomes a slippery slope, trying to tit-for-tat everything. Variant just came out.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    looks interesting. looks like its more for newer players so it is nice more advanced players get rewards
  • HyzerBombHyzerBomb Posts: 80
    This is great and all, I'm all for helping newer players out. But what about those who are uncollected. Especially with late game content like act 6 requiring five or six star champs only, how is there still nothing available for summoners. Even the "greater solo crystal" doesn't give 5* signature stones. It would be great if there was an uncollected bracket like you do with monthly event quests that grants better rewards for tougher content. 6* shards, 5* shards and signature stones, T2 Alpha and T5 basic catalyst fragments... The community who has stuck around long enough to become uncollected or cavalier deserve "support" as well.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Are special objectives tied to the respective EQ? Meaning, are they permanent as well ? Or only last as long as the EQ they came with ?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Assuming its like most other game where the more you do the more you get, it should scale up to rewards that end games would want, if they're willing to put in enough time.

Looking at the screen shots, an Avengers Arena Wins could scale up to a high enough number to be worth t2a or 5* shards.