**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Attacks critting on glancing

Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
While playing through the new variant I noticed attacks were critting on glancing hits leading to massive amount of damage being returned can kabam please fix this

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Can a mod help with this thanks
  • Josegee2321Josegee2321 Posts: 52
    read the description before entering fights

Ye I did it says glancing hits can’t crit

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Ye I did it says glancing hits can’t crit
    Depending one who you use if it was covus that why you crt
  • Hey @Kobster84

Can you tell me who you were using on these Fights? We can get this looked into.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Corvus and Ghost, both champs who have guaranteed crits, are affected by this @Kabam Miike It has been that way as long as I can remember. Antman and Cap IW both have the same verbiage in their "glancing" descriptions and I have had critical hits from both Ghost and Corvus glance against them before. The node in this Variant acts the same way.
  • Without getting into whether it should have glanced (just 85%, so that means some will get thru as Crit, and then depending if an attacker's ability override the 85% non-crit or not)...

Is OP saying that when a hit DID Glance, and still showed as a Crit, that either the damage done to defender was NOT scaled up to Crit level ? Or that the Return Damage WAS based on higher Crit level even though damage to opponent was properly glanced down to normal damage ???
  • Ace_QuillAce_Quill Posts: 57
    See my omega red thread. He is getting crit damage reflected as well.

Hey @Kobster84

Can you tell me who you were using on these Fights? We can get this looked into.

Domino archangel blade all of them
    Any update
  • HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85
    @Kabam Miike I also encountered Corvus SP2 getting blocked when I had charges. Variant 2 1.1, Cable is who it happened against.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Hey @Kobster84

Domino archangel blade all of them
    Well all of the champions you've listed have Ability Accuracy Reduction available to them, so it might be stopping the 'glancing attacks can't be critical' for those specific attacks. Domino 15% of the time, AA more so with more neurotoxin, and Blade if you've got Danger Sense up. Makes enough sense for me...
  • Ace_QuillAce_Quill Posts: 57

Hey all,

This raised a very interesting question... Which is the victor, "Can't" or "Always"? There are many different instances of interactions like this in the Contest, and our team is going to look into them. We would like them to be uniform across all abilities in game, so it might take some time for us to evaluate which should take precedence (we've always internally leaned on "can't" trumping "always"), and then look for all instances of these interactions in the game before we can implement changes.

Mike I posted a video of this happening to omega red. There is no always there.

• Ace_Quill said:

Hey all,

This raised a very interesting question... Which is the victor, "Can't" or "Always"? There are many different instances of interactions like this in the Contest, and our team is going to look into them. We would like them to be uniform across all abilities in game, so it might take some time for us to evaluate which should take precedence (we've always internally leaned on "can't" trumping "always"), and then look for all instances of these interactions in the game before we can implement changes.

Mike I posted a video of this happening to omega red. There is no always there.

That would be a bug, and not related. I think the team is already looking into it but I will check on that!
  • What about the MICRO-REFLECT aspect (for those that have seen or recorded some of these fights). (and no, I haven't done them, just curious..)
    Are you seeing any mismatch between the damage done to defender versus how much is reflected back to you ? As in, (1) is the damage being reduced/glanced on defender, but the return damage seems based on the original higher Critical-level of damage ?
    ...or (2) if the higher Critical damage gets thru to the defender (whether it’s saying glanced or not), are you still seeing return damage come back to you anyways (which should only be in cases of true glancing) ?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I tried it with CG. It still shows crits but the numbers are significantly lower.

My guess is that the yellow numbers show a “supposed” crit that reflects damage to you, compared to the regular crit. Idk.. only tried CG on one path.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Perhaps I’m not understanding the micro realms, but why would my Hyperion die when doing a heavy attack (vs Hyperion)?? I didn’t have any debuffs on me.

I have a vid and can share it later tonight.

MikeHock said:

Perhaps I’m not understanding the micro realms, but why would my Hyperion die when doing a heavy attack (vs Hyperion)?? I didn’t have any debuffs on me.

I have a vid and can share it later tonight.

We need the videos to se what was happing
    Ok so it’s definitely not ability accuracy reduction as I was using massacre and it crit on his medium (didn’t have his sp1 debuff)

What about the MICRO-REFLECT aspect (for those that have seen or recorded some of these fights). (and no, I haven't done them, just curious..)
    Are you seeing any mismatch between the damage done to defender versus how much is reflected back to you ? As in, (1) is the damage being reduced/glanced on defender, but the return damage seems based on the original higher Critical-level of damage ?
    ...or (2) if the higher Critical damage gets thru to the defender (whether it’s saying glanced or not), are you still seeing return damage come back to you anyways (which should only be in cases of true glancing) ?

It’s based on the damage the crit would have done if it hadn’t glanced
  • Kobster84 said:

Micro-Reflect says “portion of the damage”, which would imply portion of the damage that ACTUALLY was done to the defender.
    Not “portion of what would have been the damage if I had not glanced it”. ???

Kobster84 said:

Micro-Reflect says “portion of the damage”, which would imply portion of the damage that ACTUALLY was done to the defender.
    Not “portion of what would have been the damage if I had not glanced it”. ???

Ye I agree it should be based on the damage you do
    Also it says portion which according to kabam is double ?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    In Variant 2 2.2 versus Ultron, Corvus was taking glancing damage on heavies and his unblockable L2 was blocked, glanced, and I took massive damage from it.

When ther glances you sp2 can be blok