**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How did you get better with Stark Spidey?

I have had duped 4* maxed out since shortly after he was released. I have had an R4 5* for almost as long and recently duped him. I know how awesome he is and don't argue the point. But that is all based on being able to effectively evade quickly enough to avoid entire combos and for some reason, no matter how much I practice, I can't get it down. I could r5 my 5* right now if I was any good with him. My left thumb is my evade thumb and I either don't evade fast enough and parry or I can't move that thumb fast enough to reliably evade combos. I will evade the first hit but always get tagged by the second hit. This is so frustrating to me because I want to be better with him so bad. Anyone have any advice? Particularly someone who used to suck with him as I do and doesn't anymore? I watch videos of pros playing him and am in absolute awe.

Comments

• gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    I don't have any advice but I wanted to say you are not alone. I watch those videos and I am amazed. There is something about his animation or timing that is just different. So I find it harder to evade with him than other champs, which is ironic since he needs it more. I'll be watching this thread.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    I reached 10 charges in AQ against Sentinels you can practice there
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Become one with Evade.
  • hephaestushephaestus Posts: 145

Become one with Evade.

That's the thing, I can evade effectively with all my other champs for the most part. I do have trouble sometimes with aggressive combos, but not like I do with SS.

It's like intercept. I can' do it easily except for when I have to. Like on a Rage node.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    I completely agree with you that he is a hard champ to master. He takes a lot of practice. Only thing I can say, that my reflexes with time did get better, so my suggestion is that you keep practicing. Yes, as said above, Sentinels in AQ are a solid practice for him.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Become one with Evade.

That's the thing, I can evade effectively with all my other champs for the most part. I do have trouble sometimes with aggressive combos, but not like I do with SS.

It's like intercept. I can' do it easily except for when I have to. Like on a Rage node.
    He builds Charges either with Auto-Evade, or Dexterity.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★

I have had duped 4* maxed out since shortly after he was released. I have had an R4 5* for almost as long and recently duped him. I know how awesome he is and don't argue the point. But that is all based on being able to effectively evade quickly enough to avoid entire combos and for some reason, no matter how much I practice, I can't get it down. I could r5 my 5* right now if I was any good with him. My left thumb is my evade thumb and I either don't evade fast enough and parry or I can't move that thumb fast enough to reliably evade combos. I will evade the first hit but always get tagged by the second hit. This is so frustrating to me because I want to be better with him so bad. Anyone have any advice? Particularly someone who used to suck with him as I do and doesn't anymore? I watch videos of pros playing him and am in absolute awe.

Hey there. Sorry to hear your issues with him. He's my top champ r5 5 star. Also have him maxed 4 star. I'm pretty good with him. I feel he's actually easier to evade than most of the other champs, because the evade is inbuilt. You need to dex it properly on time. For starters when I started playing him more and more what I use is, I started to place my thumbs closer to the screen. So the tap tap thing will take a split second shorter. This technique really helped me improve the timing on his dex and believe me he's a true beast which you see in all those videos. Practice it buddy. Good luck
  • MCOCsucksMCOCsucks Posts: 39
    You have to change strategy based on champ. Venom is more aggressive and you will find yourself Parry/Block second hit and reset. Also be mindful champs can be more aggressive in beginning until you settle in a routine where you can get them to dash back after initial evade more. He is like quake with respect to knowing tendencies of champs. Another thing is don’t get caught up in needing ten charges right away. Find your flow and they will come
  • MCOCsucksMCOCsucks Posts: 39
    Practice in LOL as you have a long window to get better
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Don't force yourself to get 10 poise every fight. Especially if the fight is naturally short or the AI is very defensive.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    The easiest way for me is when I have space is to hold block instead of just standing there. Hold block and dash back when they come to hit you. And always expect them to throw two hit. Somdash back twice in a row just to be safe
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I can’t help you either, but I do have a question about him.

I’ve noticed that when he auto evades, it doesn’t count toward his charges. Is it supposed to?
  • LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    Batman05 said:

The easiest way for me is when I have space is to hold block instead of just standing there. Hold block and dash back when they come to hit you. And always expect them to throw two hit. Somdash back twice in a row just to be safe

This is the strategy i found most effective.. but if the opponent is standing around or blocking i release my block and allow spidey to advance with out attacking in hopes to keep myself away from the wall.

Sometimes against certain champs its pretty easy to back yourself in the the wall and dex while they try to hit you, the ai seems a little more aggresive when youre backed up to the wall. timing is key obviously.. best advice i have is practice as much as you can WITHOUT SYNERGIES. once you can do well with no synergies..when you quest with synergies spidey will be more powerful than you are used to..
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    The pros hold block the entire time and use the right thumb to evade.
    If you miss, you block.
    If you hit, you evade.
    Once I started this, I can reliably get Poise. Just don't get near a wall.

I saw this on the Beat the Boss videos where everyone was using SS. If you watch, they are always in block on screen and you can see their hands when they play.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    I used to suck, now I’m okay. Here’s my tips:

1. Don’t always try to get 10 poise charges immediately. If you have Blade, the 3 poise charges at the beginning really help.
    2. Hold block and then try to use dexterity, this will help you learn how to use dexterity without getting hurt so frequently.
    3. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! I suggest two methods. (1). Use ROL Winter Soldier and see if you can beat him without getting hit, this is a great training ground. (2). Practice on Heroic Mode or early Master Mode where the enemies can’t kill you if you get hit with a combo. Try to do the whole quest with more than 50% health.

I’m still not great with SE Spidey but I was in the same boat as you. Now, I see his benefit and I have greatly improved. Keep practicing and you’ll get it. He’s not like Corvus - who is just so easy to play.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Batman05 said:

Everyone is different, but I found that my problem with Sparky was evading too quickly, not too slowly, and not getting the poise charge as a result. So when I play Sparky, I take my finger completely off the screen: this adds a tiny delay between when I decide to swipe back and when I actually swipe back, because of the extra time to move down to the screen and swipe. I found this to basically correct my timing to build poise charges.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Practice. Use him in every fight in quests until he dies. Force yourself to get the charges before you attack. If you die, use the rest of your team to complete the quest.
  • TX1600TX1600 Posts: 31
    Ok, I’m no expert but I hold block until they attack and that’s when I evade. It’s longer this way, but with blade on the team I only have to do it 5-7 times. Hope that helps.
  • TX1600TX1600 Posts: 31
    Also I forgot to mention, watch utube videos on how to poise, like Dorky Dave, seatin and Proff Hoff. There are many more.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Evade until you have 10 charges
    Attack
    Spam sp2
    Get as much intercepts as much
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    It takes a lot of practice to get used too him
  • Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    edited April 2019
    I didnt get good with him until realized how good he was in 5.3, by the time i 100% it i became pretty decent. One thing that helped me was not fixing on 10 poise. I notice when try too hard to get them you end up making more mistakes. Of course the more you use the better you will get.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I didn't I got worse
  • AsmiSAsmiS Posts: 28
    This post helps me so much.. Thanks to everyone 😘
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Yup, don’t try to build 10 poises at beginning of fight unless it’s a buffet node and you need to take the opponent out.
    Thanks for the advice ya'll. I think I will bring him to AQ for a while because I rarely need all 3 of my champs there and there are plenty of guys in the alliance that can back me up if I screw up. And I'm going to try holding block, too.
    I'm working on her, too. Got her as a 5 star at r3. I intend to r4 her someday once I'm better with her. To be honest though, I'm worse with SS than her.

They'll silently nerf both of them before long though.