**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is it tough for you to get into Dungeons?

MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
I know why it is frustrating for me:

Timing and program behavior.

Sometimes your team member won't appear right away. Other times they look like they have all three champs one second and the next? All their champs are dead and they've left the dungeon.

It just doesn't follow the pacing of normal play in game. You can't just come in, run 6 to 12 fights (minimum of 2 fights per round, max of 3 for at most 4 rounds). I'll start timing out how long it takes to do three rounds to develop an average time, but it feels like getting through three rooms takes 20-30 minutes.

Most other game modes support a quick hit distraction through the day. Come in, spend your AQ/AW energy (2-8 fights) and then you're out. Come in, run three rounds of arena, and your out.

Game modes that last as long as a normal bathroom break are the best. I don't use my phone in the bathroom, but if I'm taking a break from life to play, that's about how long I can carve out pretty easily.

What do you think?

Comments

• TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    1. Rewards do not match the effort
    2. Random teammates do match expectations (& there has been no effort to fix this)
    3. I have better things to do
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    MMCskippy said:

Most other game modes support a quick hit distraction through the day. Come in, spend your AQ/AW energy (2-8 fights) and then you're out. Come in, run three rounds of arena, and your out.

For different reasons, I'm the same way. I get a lot of interruptions during the day. I'm on-call a lot, I get pulled into other things a lot. I have a lot of actual time to play, but it is often fragmented time. I would hate to get yanked out of a dungeon and leave someone stranded if I get an emergency call or something. So I generally avoid dungeons except under the rare circumstances when I'm reasonably sure I won't be interrupted.

If it wasn't for that, I would probably do dungeons more. I think the rewards are okay, and I like the structure of dungeons. If there was a solo challenge of similar structure, I'd probably be all over it. I'm not demanding one, I'm just saying that the singular aspect of dungeons that is most incompatible with me is the fact that a good dungeon run takes a lot of contiguous time, and even being interrupted for just five minutes can ruin a run for more than just yourself.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    For me it's just the teamwork aspect of it, with aq you can just get a notification on line to clear in aq but with dungeons since there is a time limit it's more of a coordinated effort to get the content done which doesn't appeal to me. I like to just play on my own time and not have to rely on others.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    TheVyrus said:

1. Rewards do not match the effort
    2. Random teammates do match expectations (& there has been no effort to fix this)
    3. I have better things to do

1) You get a 5* for roughly 40-50 fights
    2) dont do randoms.
  • MikePendragonMikePendragon Posts: 73
    I think OP hit the nail on the head. Biggest things for me are the difficulty and that the rewards don't match the difficulty. It takes far too long to acquire enough dungeon crystals.