**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Introducing: Objectives

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    These objectives are similar to the one in Thor Ragnork month, just a team vs individual difference only.

I rather hope kabam focus on bug fix and stop adding things one month. Overheat and lagging make the game not playable.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I, personally, like when you bring new content/ideas in this game, but, and I don't want to be negative here, I hope this won't bring new bugs/crash/lags/conntion problems.
    I really like this game and want to keep playing it, but not if it's full of bugs.

'nuff said.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    xNig said:

Reference said:

These objectives are similar to the one in Thor Ragnork month, just a team vs individual difference only.

I rather hope kabam focus on bug fix and stop adding things one month. Overheat and lagging make the game not playable.

I believe there are separate teams for bug fixing and content introduction.
    Depends on where the bugs are, but content like this seems to primarily involve new tech systems. The developers involved would only have a limited ability to address most of the bugs people have been complaining about recently.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Reference said:

Then both teams really need to communicate as it becomes obvious that bugs issue drag down the efforts of adding new features.

I said that from real life perspective as I acted as Business Manager role for developing a multi US mil IT projects before.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Any chance this leads to removing the summoner level 60 cap and we can start progressing again? I would love to see and complete an objective set for say reaching summoner level 61, 62, 63, .......

Anyways good idea regardless of the answer to my question but it could be better.

I will also reiterate that current solo and alliance event rewards as well as Alliance war and Loyalty crystals need a hard review and redo. Current rewards that are awarded often in these events and crystals are useless to most Level 60 players include: Duel tokens, Experience Boosts, 3* arena boosts, 2* signature stones, T4C fragment crystals, Premium Hero Crystal shards. These are all garbage and help most of us in no way. Why not include these types of items designed for newer players in the new milestones designed for newer players and redo the rewards that are intended for everybody to include items that everybody can use? (Glory, Loyalty, Battle Chips, Gold, Units, Potions and Alliance Potions preferably level 3 and higher, T4B, T5B, T1A, T2A, 5* shards, 6* shards)
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Our 23.0 Release will introduce a brand new feature to the Contest! Introducing, Solo Objectives!

Solo Objectives are a set of Tasks for Summoners to complete in order to earn Rewards.

There are “Summoners Journey” objectives that will help new Summoners learn the ropes and progress in the earlier stages of the game, and special event related objectives that will run for a limited time alongside in game events!

Objective Chains

Objectives come in “chains”, which are made up of several tasks related to your activity across all the varied stories and challenges of The Battlerealm.

Objectives in the same chain will need to be completed in order, and rewards from each Objective must be claimed before moving to the next objective in the chain.

For example, A chain could have 4 objectives to be completed in order:
    - Complete a Proving Grounds Quest on Easy difficulty or above
    - Explore a Proving Grounds Quest on Easy difficulty or above
    - Level Up a 2 Star or above Champion to Max Level
    - Rank Up a 3 star or above Champion

Many objectives will ask users to take on harder versions of the same challenges as they progress.
    - Complete a Proving Grounds Quest on Medium difficulty or above
    - Explore a Proving Grounds Quest on Medium difficulty or above
    - Level Up a 3 star or above Champion to maximum
    - Rank Up a 3 star or above Champion

Summoners Journey Objectives:

These objectives will lead newer players through Act 3, and show them the basics of joining an Alliance, completing Arenas, Dungeons, Dailies and much more.

Each Objective can only ever be completed once. You will not be able to claim rewards for completing the same actions repeatedly. More Objectives will become available as you raise your Summoner Level.

When Solo Objectives are active, you’ll get a notification and will be able to check in on your progress from a button located on the lower Navigation Bar of your Home Screen.

I’m already way past Act 3!

If you’re one of our more experienced Summoners, you won’t have to do early game content all over again! Story Objectives will autocomplete up to the Act that you are currently on. If you are past Act 3, this will complete all of them.

Other early game Objectives will also autocomplete if you are 10 levels above the threshold at which it is unlocked. For some of the later objectives, you will have to be 20 levels above the level for them to autocomplete. Some of our more difficult objectives that test your skill will not autocomplete.

Special Objectives:

Special Objectives will be introduced with new Events in the Battlerealm! There won’t always be new ones every month, but check back periodically for new Objectives that align with new Events.

Your first experience with these will be with later this month with the upcoming Avengers’ Last Stand Event Quest. You’ll be able to earn Last Stand Crystal shards, which will also be rewards in other events this month. You’ll be able to purchase those crystals in the Special tab of the Crystal Vault.

Solo Objectives unlock at Level 6 and will begin to roll out in waves next week. Some objectives will become available later in the month, so keep an eye out throughout the Month for more Summoner’s Journey and Avengers’ Last Stand Objectives! You must be on the newest version of Marvel Contest of Champions to participate.
    Which rewards are available in last stand crystals
  • padkinspadkins Posts: 1

The announcement states that it will auto complete objectives up to the act you are currently on. Will we receive rewards from those previously completed objectives?

Yep! I guess that should read that it will autocomplete up to the highest Act that you have Completed and grant you the rewards... So, if you're on Act 3, it will autocomplete Acts 1 and 2, but if you're on Act 6, it will autocomplete Acts 1, 2, and 3.
    I know you have said it will auto recognise certain parts as complete however it is mentioned about upgrading certain star champs at the start of the thread. I for one have no 1 2 or 3 stars that can be ranked/levelled up so how does that work will it automatically recognise that and still give the rewards?
  • JAATKINGJAATKING Posts: 111
    Does it will also provide 5star shards? Because these are the most important thing for me.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

This is why we cant have nice things. They cater to endgame players everyone else cries foul. They cater to new and mid tier players and endgame players cry foul. They also didnt say they wouldnt add more lucrative rewards in future iterations either. This is only the first time this particular event style is occurring.

I miss the part where they cater to end game players
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Great overall idea!
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    Would you happen to have in mind adding certain challenges to the game? Such as:
    - Defeat Maestro in X amount of minutes, X amount of seconds
    - Defeat Kang with each of the original 6 MCU avengers (Iron Man, Cap, Hawkeye, Thor, Hulk, BW)
    - Defeat Act 4 Venom with X champion

Stuff like this? 🙂
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 735 ★★★
    So about how these will automatically be completed and we get the rewards, when just about a month or 2 ago when they updated the Act completion rewards we were told "theres no way of going back to see if you've completed it"
  • Wolfie1Wolfie1 Posts: 2
    I’ve been apart of this gaming app since it’s birth. I’ve witnessed and experienced, first hand the different implementations kabam has used to revive and revamp the gaming experience for the app user, ahhh oops sorry I mean customer.
    This idea of “objectives”!is for a lack of better words rubbish.
    Kabam has about half a dozen different areas in which the game can be played in.
    I mean I don’t even participate in Dungeons” . “Objectives” sounds like just another topping for the table. Gamers don’t need to be confused when opening there MCOC app on where or how they should play the game. The gamer just needs to open his or her MCOC app and emjoy the game.
  • Count me out. T4CC? What a joke
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Remember that most if not all of the requirements for it will be easy and things you would do naturally.
    Reference said:

xNig said:

Reference said:

Then both teams really need to communicate as it becomes obvious that bugs issue drag down the efforts of adding new features.
    Ironically, I suspect the exact opposite is true: QA communicates too much with the dev team.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

Nachtar said:

RogerRabs said:

What can we expect for the rewards on higher levels?
    Not anything specific, but will it award something like crystal shards, revives, lvl 3/4 pots, etc?

Higher level Objectives are still going to be considered pretty "Easy" by most of our more seasoned Players. The point of the Summoners Journey objectives is to help guide newer summoners forward. Special Objectives will differ and may have more difficult and rewarding objectives for the month, but those won't be consistent or come around every month.

To answer your actual question, there are some Objectives coming that offer some pretty valuable rewards, including some for Glory, and one that has a T4CC Crystal. I think that's the most valuable thing on the list, but this might also still change before the launch of the Objectives.
    Was there any thought to updating the solo event milestone rewards? They’re very stale for endgame players. Would love to see 5 star sig stones added.
    My God.... can you please NOT give us more T4CC shards! Most of us are up to our ears in unopened T4CC shard crystals. 5 star shards would be more beneficial then yet more rainbow trash to stockpile if you gonna keep low balling the rewards for upper content playing members.

Rewards most of us would be happy with:
    T2A Shards. T5B shards, 5 star shards, 6 star shards. Hell, I’ll even take plain old simple GOLD over T4CC shards. Anything we can actually use!
    This. I'm not even that "Endgame" of a player and even I have 0 use for T4CC shards. Hell T4B would be more welcome at this point, because I have 500 T4C shard crystals and several T4C crystals, Glory Crystals and Map 5 Crystals that I can't even open due to overflow of T4CC

TL;DR T4CC Are NOT rewards that Endgame players even remotely need.
    I do not think that they have anyone at the level of end game player providing input on rewards. They don't seem to know that end gamers are flooded with T4CC
    Y'all read the part where we said that this is mostly to help new players, right?
    Top players get Variant and A6, newer players get some progression goodies.

All we can hope for now is that there's no more whining about content being too difficult by players who aren't progressed to that point.
    Vyoer said:

Yawn**
    Anybody who is excited by this must be very naive in the gaming world. Every game in the app store has daily objectives.

Well, yeah. This game has had daily objectives for a long time. The interesting part is that the new system is targeted primarily at solo players, and primarily at progression rewards.

Plus, it is ridiculous to fault people for getting excited about something they are going to actually experience just because it was already done elsewhere. Whether something has been done elsewhere elsewhen has no bearing on whether a person will find it interesting today. It would be one thing if people were applauding Kabam for inventing something completely new to the game design, but I don't see anyone doing that.

I'm actually somewhat excited about the Objectives system, because I think it holds some promise for the future in terms of how the system can be leveraged, and leveraging existing systems is always easier than rolling new tech. If you think you can determine that I must be "naive in the gaming world" because of that, well, I think that would caution against relying on induction.
  • AsmiSAsmiS Posts: 28
    I'm lovin it 😍
  • Vyoer said:

Yawn**
    Anybody who is excited by this must be very naive in the gaming world. Every game in the app store has daily objectives.

This is nothing new at all. A nice to have but a boring and unimaginative addition to the game.

We should make something clear... These are not Daily Objectives. These are all one time only Objectives, but the event specific ones will change and rotate with new Events.
    Vyoer said:

Don't know about you but I grew up going through actual game design and genres explosions. Nearly every game, year after year was new as tech evolved.

I've been following video game design since the 80s; game design in general since the 70s. The one constant wasn't that there was always new innovations, it was that there was always someone saying those innovations weren't new.
    Vyoer said:

DNA3000 said:

I've been following video game design since the 80s; game design in general since the 70s. The one constant wasn't that there was always new innovations, it was that there was always someone saying those innovations weren't new.

Hah, is that meant to be a funny jib at me?
    It wasn't meant to be funny, particularly. In fact, it is one of the least funny observations in the history of video gaming. I mean, I can say "nothing's really new" in a conversation about game design with actually game developers (or in lots of design contexts, actually) and they will laugh, but not because that's actually funny. It is in fact an unfortunate reality that we laugh at, because that's the only appropriate response that's strictly legal.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,347 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

What can we expect for the rewards on higher levels?
    Not anything specific, but will it award something like crystal shards, revives, lvl 3/4 pots, etc?

Higher level Objectives are still going to be considered pretty "Easy" by most of our more seasoned Players. The point of the Summoners Journey objectives is to help guide newer summoners forward. Special Objectives will differ and may have more difficult and rewarding objectives for the month, but those won't be consistent or come around every month.

To answer your actual question, there are some Objectives coming that offer some pretty valuable rewards, including some for Glory, and one that has a T4CC Crystal. I think that's the most valuable thing on the list, but this might also still change before the launch of the Objectives.
    Sounds like a nice way to develop newer players in the game.

Should be fun for them. I'm sure you've got plans to encourage clearing content: Can I suggest generating objectives to them through the Back Issues as they come out? There's lots of background there for the ongoing story and event quests.