**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Opinion] Human torch on war defense

Is Human Torch gonna be a good option for war defense unblockable sp1? I have seen people dodging it rather easily but currently I’m at tier 8-12 so idk..

If not what do you guys think what should be the best node for him in AW? And is he even good for AWD in the first place?

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,153 ★★★★★
    No IMO he is easy to beat.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    edited April 2019
    People have already learned how to evade his specials and how to avoid incinerate damage. Don't think he's the best option for AW defense.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Lower tiers of AW he'll rack up kills. Upper levels he's useless as a defender
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    What nodes would you put him on?
    People have gotten TONS of practice fighting him due to the bounty missions. Thing is the better F4 defender.
    He is a good attacker though.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    He’ll be fantastic (no pun intended) for now. Since it’s such a lag fiesta, it’s borderline impossible to evade his specials. I certainly can’t manage with the game being basically a stop motion experience. And since he’s apparently resource hungry - what with the flames and all - he is amongst the laggiest champs to fight. At least on my outdated hardware: iPhone XS Max. ;-)
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Everyone has faught him billions of times by now so he's gonna be a pretty terrible defender as everyone knows how to beat him. Pretty sure even lower tiers will be able to get him down in one shot
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ya this is the problem with events like this month. They don’t cycle the boss so we have fought him way to much already. He Was harder to fight but at this time most should have figured him out to be able to take him down easily
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    depends, your best bet is to put him on a hidden node and hope someone brings in an energy based attacker.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★

Beats any mystic champ outright. Keep that in mind.

Yeah as far as I can tell it's literally impossible to solo him with a mystic champion.
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Yep everyone has had a lot of practice against him with the negative zone.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I can dodge his sp1 fully if he launches sp1 at the moment I expect. If he launches it unexpectedly, can dodge the last 3 hits but I usually block the first hit because I cant react in time on my Android phone. Therefore, it can definitely still catch people off guard if human torch is on unblockable sp1 I think.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    He might have been a good defender had we not had to fight him 1000 times in these events. Most people have gotten enough practice in that they can evade both his specials consistently. The only way I see him getting kills is suprise bad matchups. Champs that deal energy damage will take allot of unavoidable damage, and even incinerate immune champs will need to watch out for nova form (as he stops placing incinerates). Mystic champs will also be a auto loss in war, but let’s be honest, if you bring a mystic champ to fight a hidden science champ (aka you have class disadvantage) you deserve to lose.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★

I can dodge his sp1 fully if he launches sp1 at the moment I expect. If he launches it unexpectedly, can dodge the last 3 hits but I usually block the first hit because I cant react in time on my Android phone. Therefore, it can definitely still catch people off guard if human torch is on unblockable sp1 I think.

All of hits are projectiles, so based on how unblockable sp1 node works, not a single one of them should actually he unblockable. Ever fought unblockable sp1 Spider-Man? Notice how his sp1 the first 2 web shots can be blocked? That’s the same thing that’s happening with all 4 of HT sp1 hits.
  • NTT6688846993NTT6688846993 Posts: 37
    -sixate- said:

Lower tiers of AW he'll rack up kills. Upper levels he's useless as a defender

Curious question but in upper tiers of aw who is a good defender? I can only imagine noone as a good defender they have every counter to anything