**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Omega taking full bleed damage in AQ - map 7

GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
I don’t have a video because it happened so quickly but I just had my r5 omega red almost die to bleed damage in map 7, specifically the Dr Strange right before the portal to the minis.
Also, my death field wasn’t letting me apply over 10 spores soooo almost died on a fight I should dominate.
I did not see this same behavior earlier in the day against the Morningstar bleed node so wondering what’s going on here and how things could change in a matter of hours.
Really hoping for a reply from a mod asap because if omegas bleed reduction AND death field are busted a lot of people are going to die on biohazard path including myself.
iPhone X - Verizon if that makes any difference...

Comments

• GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
    As there are a few omega bugs reported with no responses as of yet, this being the worst in my opinion by far.
    Biohazard Yondu worked just fine.
    I’m thinking there is just something wrong with the one Dr Strange fight.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    I found using Omega red against MS in AQ map 5 that i was taking alot of bleed damage and actually ended up dying from it. My Omega is r4 and i went into the fight pretty much full health. Didn't take note of how much the bleed was ticking for, so will need to check next time to see if it was actually a 90% reduction but i doubt it since it killed me.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    He takes more damage with enhanced bleed nodes.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

I found using Omega red against MS in AQ map 5 that i was taking alot of bleed damage and actually ended up dying from it. My Omega is r4 and i went into the fight pretty much full health. Didn't take note of how much the bleed was ticking for, so will need to check next time to see if it was actually a 90% reduction but i doubt it since it killed me.

That MS mini has a boosted bleed, you'd be taking an extra 40%, leaving you at 50% bleed reduction.
    Any mods want to reply on this one? Seems like just the Dr Strange node in map 7 is busted.
    Should be easily testable and would love a confirmation or some sort of acknowledgement.

@Kabam Zibiit
    Hello
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Hm that doesn't make sense.

The bleed is enhanced by 40% so for example

lets go with a base bleed of 1000
    the 40% enhance means the bleed will do 1400

omega red's ability is to reduce bleed damage he takes by 90%
    therefore it should be 140 bleed damage.

since its doing a lot more damage i would say this is bugged
    Just had the exact same thing happen today in AQ. I was taking 512 bleed dmg a tick against Doctor Strange in section 1 with my r5 omega red.

Wth is going on with this one node...

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
    Absolutely any kind of confirmation that you’re looking into this would be appreciated.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

Hm that doesn't make sense.

The bleed is enhanced by 40% so for example

lets go with a base bleed of 1000
    the 40% enhance means the bleed will do 1400

omega red's ability is to reduce bleed damage he takes by 90%
    therefore it should be 140 bleed damage.

since its doing a lot more damage i would say this is bugged

That is not how it works. He reduces the bleed damage, then takes the enhanced bleed, this is per the mods, so he would take 500 in your example.,
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/588842#Comment_588842

Hey there, after some more thorough examination, we haven't found any issues with this interaction. to clear up some confusion, what is happening is that Omega Red reduces the base damage of the Bleed before the Bleed is enhanced by the nodes. This is the same way that other Champs with Bleed damage reduction function as well.

Lormif said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/588842#Comment_588842

Hey there, after some more thorough examination, we haven't found any issues with this interaction. to clear up some confusion, what is happening is that Omega Red reduces the base damage of the Bleed before the Bleed is enhanced by the nodes. This is the same way that other Champs with Bleed damage reduction function as well.

This node isn’t enhanced bleed, it’s just a 100% bleed over 30 seconds node.

Haven’t taken anywhere near this damage the last two days.

Lormif said:

This node isn’t enhanced bleed, it’s just a 100% bleed over 30 seconds node.

Haven’t taken anywhere near this damage the last two days.

im not commenting on the possibility of a bug, but on the other gentlemans misstatement.