**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus Glaive or Hyperion

I have corvus R4, and Hyperion R3, what should I do, who is better

Corvus Glaive or Hyperion 53 votes

Corvus
69% 37 votes
Hyperion
30% 16 votes

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Is any of them duped? Better include that to make poll easier to decide. If undupe Hyperion is better Imo, but dupe Corvus is better since he can't die from passive damage like bane/bleed ect at 1% health. He's very skill based. So imo unduped is hype, duped is Corvus
  • RellenquishRellenquish Posts: 92
    Both duped
  • Gonzawesome80Gonzawesome80 Posts: 62
    Imo, hyperion.... he doesn’t need any build up, he hits like a truck, incinerates, stuns and heals.... i love corvus too, but for long fights he’s just not that efficient
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Seatin has a 5/65 Hyperion that he loves and he just ranked Corvus the #1 cosmic, #2 Medusa, and #3 Hyperion. Lagacy also just named Corvus the #1 cosmic and in the higher tiers Corvus is way more common than Hyp. Hyperion prestige also isn't very good unlike Cirvus', which is one of the best.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Hyperion may be generically better and doesnt suffer against havoc or mr sinister like corvus would, but i still prefer corvus for both his burst damage and his ability to armor break on parry, which greatly helps against emma frost, bpcw and red skull and the armor explosion node thing.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Hyperion, and I'll be honest, its not even close for me
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    It depends a bit what you want them for. If you want someone who can slug it out with a tougher opponent, with no opportunity to stack up previous victories, Hyperion is your guy.

Corvus can struggle against stronger opponents if he doesn't have the chance to stack cruelty buffs. There are also occasional opponents (like Mr Sinister; or (oddly) Ant-Man) well equipped to counter him. On the other hand, he's an absolute legend in Alliance or other quests where he can take down one or two target champions to stack some Cruelty - his damage is insane!

I'm an Uncollected, but not End-game player, so mostly using 3/45s and 4/55s I have both Corvus and Hyperion Awakened at 5/50. My Corvus comes out to play alongside them all the time; but I can't remember the last time I took Hyperion into a quest
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Terra said:

Is any of them duped? Better include that to make poll easier to decide. If undupe Hyperion is better Imo, but dupe Corvus is better since he can't die from passive damage like bane/bleed ect at 1% health. He's very skill based. So imo unduped is hype, duped is Corvus

Disagree. Unduped, it is Corvus all day. If Hype is awakened it is a different story.

But these generic questions make it difficult to provide a sufficient answer. They are two very different champs, and are both better than the other for certain things.

Do you run suicides? If not, then Hype is more well rounded and “better” I would say. If you run suicides, then Corvus is very tough to beat for a lot of content involving shorter fights and questing.

It all depends on your progression and your roster.
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    Well I love hype and hate Corvus so it works out
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Both are awesome champs. Go with whichever one u enjoy playing more